Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hernandez investigated in Boston double-killing from 2012

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I completely agree.

I hate get all philosophical, but you make some interesting comments. I used to think people were basically good or evil. My murderous coworker taught me that it is rarely that simple. I would always marvel when I would hear the media the interview acquaintances of a criminal. Their words would almost always be the same: "He was such a nice guy."

I have come to believe that ANYONE is capable of committing a heinous act. There are influencing factors in each of our environments that in certain circumstances can trigger the evil within each of us to manifest itself.
    In a lot of cases for women it's marriage..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I completely agree.

I hate get all philosophical, but you make some interesting comments. I used to think people were basically good or evil. My murderous coworker taught me that it is rarely that simple. I would always marvel when I would hear the media the interview acquaintances of a criminal. Their words would almost always be the same: "He was such a nice guy."

I have come to believe that ANYONE is capable of committing a heinous act. There are influencing factors in each of our environments that in certain circumstances can trigger the evil within each of us to manifest itself.
    I had a couple of very loving uncles that were in the mob and it was common knowledge they were very involved in violent activities. Very nice to us as kids, but it was well known they were dangerous individuals. It's quite possible to be a good father, friend, and sibling and that individual still be a violent individual without showing that in everyday life. You hear this about child molesters, rapist, etc. I had an aunt who was a closet alcoholic. She drank bottles of vodka and no one but her immediate family knew. She was a bank president. It was a complete shock when she got sick and died from liver failure caused by the abuse.

I had zero idea she was ever even drunk. I can't even point out a time I was suspicious.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's amazing, but a lot of these guys just don't care about anything, but being disrespected. Living in Phoenix for 6 years I've seen shootings where the guy just walks into the bar, and caps a guy and walks right out. Not trying to hide it at all. Between the AB, and the Mexican gangs, I was told by my friends I had to pick a side. I don't get it, but you learn not to screw with guys that have that look in their eyes.
    Yes, you definitely see that with Hernandez. He just did what he had to do and in court, he looked like he was resigned to the fact that he will be spending life behind bars. I didn't see a flinch, an ounce of sweat, a tear...nothing. Dude did what he had to do and he's ready to serve the time. How someone could accept that so easily is beyond me. If I were going away for a week, I would be tweaking hard...real hard. Let alone close to a lifetime in maximum security prison. The guy was ready for this day, I have to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Yes, you definitely see that with Hernandez. He just did what he had to do and in court, he looked like he was resigned to the fact that he will be spending life behind bars. I didn't see a flinch, an ounce of sweat, a tear...nothing. Dude did what he had to do and he's ready to serve the time. How someone could accept that so easily is beyond me. If I were going away for a week, I would be tweaking hard...real hard. Let alone close to a lifetime in maximum security prison. The guy was ready for this day, I have to say.
    Just heard on the radio they have to be careful where they put AH so he isn't in a cell block with rival gangs to his..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Heheh.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be straight up. Kraft and the Patriots likely had zero clue that Hernandez was a murderer. Sure, they knew he had some past troubles with marijuana, etc. but I can't see a scenario where they knew anything like this was going down.

At the same time, it's incredible that we're 99% sure Bill Belichick and the Pats were employing a serial killer up until a day ago. I mean seriously? You can't make this stuff up.
    If it wasn't completely obvious Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd and was probably involved in 2-3 other assaults/murders he would still be a New England Patriot today. And the media would be defending the sh*t out of the Patriots.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard on the radio they have to be careful where they put AH so he isn't in a cell block with rival gangs to his..
    Well, I hope they make a mistake.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be straight up. Kraft and the Patriots likely had zero clue that Hernandez was a murderer. Sure, they knew he had some past troubles with marijuana, etc. but I can't see a scenario where they knew anything like this was going down.

At the same time, it's incredible that we're 99% sure Bill Belichick and the Pats were employing a serial killer up until a day ago. I mean seriously? You can't make this stuff up.
    I can. No way they had zero clue. They had to have an inkling. They wouldn't have dropped him like a hot potato the instant he was arrested. If this was news to them, they would have waited to see how things went. They knew they couldn't defend him in the media and that he likely will be convicted. It's like they were just waiting for that shoe to drop.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT!!!!!!!!