Thread: Jets "Back to Football" 5K Run

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Arrow Jets "Back to Football" 5K Run

The Jets are hosting a 5k and family fun runs at the Meadowlands on September 7th. The race finishes on the field at MetLife.

For those interested, today (6/27) is the last day to register at the cheapest rate.

http://nflrunseries.com/jets/event-details/
    http://nflrunseries.com/jets/register/

Thanks for the head's up.

All League
    I think I'm gonna sign up, I sprained my ankle about a week ago. This would be a good target for the rest of the summer.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Anyone else running tomorrow morning? I'll be the middle aged white guy in a green Al Toon jersey running with his kids.

I'll be the 40lb overweight, on/off again smoker, wheezing his way around the course. Was doing pretty good training up until that real hot week in July. Then no running til this week. And of course I sprain (slight) my ankle last night overdoing it. Gonna be a painful run but there's no way I'm missing it.

Team "Will Run For Beer" (they did say there'll be beer afterwards) consisting of myself, another mid-30s guy in worse shape than myself, and just to make sure we don't die, my personal trainer younger sister to make fun of us and step in with occasional cpr when needed.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    I'll be the 40lb overweight, on/off again smoker, wheezing his way around the course. Was doing pretty good training up until that real hot week in July. Then no running til this week. And of course I sprain (slight) my ankle last night overdoing it. Gonna be a painful run but there's no way I'm missing it.

Team "Will Run For Beer" (they did say there'll be beer afterwards) consisting of myself, another mid-30s guy in worse shape than myself, and just to make sure we don't die, my personal trainer younger sister to make fun of us and step in with occasional cpr when needed.
    LOL.

Beer at 8:30 in the morning? Fantastic. Only the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    LOL.

Beer at 8:30 in the morning? Fantastic. Only the Jets.
    There was no beer! That's all I was thinking about as I spinted down the field on the last dash. An ice cold Coors Light woulda hit the spot after that. Oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow morning at the tailgate.

Hope you and your kids had a good time. Turned out to be a great day weather wise for it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    There was no beer! That's all I was thinking about as I spinted down the field on the last dash. An ice cold Coors Light woulda hit the spot after that. Oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow morning at the tailgate.

Hope you and your kids had a good time. Turned out to be a great day weather wise for it.
    Perfect weather. The kids did well, finished strong. It was awesome how they didn't push people off the field post-race. We got some great pics hanging out in the endzone.

They had less than 700 registered runners (for the 5k), which made for a really enjoyable experience but I fear it's not enough participation for it to be annual thing. Would be fun to do every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Perfect weather. The kids did well, finished strong. It was awesome how they didn't push people off the field post-race. We got some great pics hanging out in the endzone.

They had less than 700 registered runners (for the 5k), which made for a really enjoyable experience but I fear it's not enough participation for it to be annual thing. Would be fun to do every year.
    Yeah only seemed like a few hundred runners. Hopefully they'll keep it going another year or two in hopes it'll eventually grow. I know I'd bring more people next time.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The team (or the NFL) didn't do very much to publicize it, via advertising or social media. If it is one and done, glad we had the opportunity to enjoy it at least.