Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Done.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I disagree, the fan base is spreed all over the metropolitan area. LI is only a small part of the fan base. Since 1969 fans are spreed all over the country.

Cortland NY is is the best place for training camp IMO.
    Untrue..I've had conversations with people in the Jets ticket office on numerous occasions and around HALF of all season ticket holders live on LI.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I disagree, the fan base is spreed all over the metropolitan area. LI is only a small part of the fan base. Since 1969 fans are spreed all over the country.

Cortland NY is is the best place for training camp IMO.
    BTW: The poll isn't for moving the entire training camp back to LI (although it would be great if they were at Stony Brook), it was to bring back the one camp night they did here since they moved, back to LI, which they dumped entirely this summer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    BTW: The poll isn't for moving the entire training camp back to LI (although it would be great if they were at Stony Brook), it was to bring back the one camp night they did here since they moved, back to LI, which they dumped entirely this summer.
    Sean, i think it would be great to have it at Stony Brook...lol

I just think it is good to have it far away in Cortland where the only temptatations are Cortland Apples. I'm not against one camp night on LI.
    Sorry.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Meh. LI is a hole.

Our elitist owner could care less about the fanbase unless it affects his profit margin.

God awful state of affairs with this entire organization

Our most famous player, who lead us to our only SB championship has no respect for him.

Says a lot

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Our elitist owner could care less about the fanbase unless it affects his profit margin.

God awful state of affairs with this entire organization

Our most famous player, who lead us to our only SB championship has no respect for him.

Says a lot
    almost as disreputable an organization as the UFT

All League
    Done.

Rex is responsible for the spread of HIV as well

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I miss the Hofstra days. I am probably in the minority on that but still.
    You are not alone. Would always look forward to taking a day off and going to a practice. Was hoping to continue the tradition with my son.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sure,

Inconvenience the team when they're trying to prepare for the season so you can have a token practice in Long Island cause you're wittle, wittle feelings are hurt.

This is so stupid and shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Sure,

Inconvenience the team when they're trying to prepare for the season so you can have a token practice in Long Island cause you're wittle, wittle feelings are hurt.

This is so stupid and shortsighted.
    I can see being disappointed by not getting to go watch a practice, but some of this outrage over it is just silly. Just seems like a non-issue, tbh. But, at the same time, maybe I just don't "get it". So, for that reason (and because it takes a whole 2 seconds to do this one small request), I signed.

#PaidMyDues

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Untrue..I've had conversations with people in the Jets ticket office on numerous occasions and around HALF of all season ticket holders live on LI.
    I find that hard to believe if that were true we wouldn't have problems with noise on D, they know football they have attitude, they can bring the heat, no?

Signed.

P.S as a heads up you got exposure for the petition from Connor Orr and The Star Ledger from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Signed.

P.S as a heads up you got exposure for the petition from Connor Orr and The Star Ledger from this.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ng_island.html

Time to move on. They're no longer based on Long Island. Get over it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schaef View Post
    Time to move on. They're no longer based on Long Island. Get over it.
    +1 Do the Giants hold practices on LI for their fans??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Lol, look at the comments in that article.

Borgo? SAR?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You are not alone. Would always look forward to taking a day off and going to a practice. Was hoping to continue the tradition with my son.
    Same here. With prices becoming unreachable for most families Hofstra became a must for my family to be connected to this team somewhat. It is impossible for me to believe what has happened in regards to the billionaires who control what is sacred to most fans.

It is criminal what Woody Johnson has done to this franchise in regards to how it treats its fans.

I will not contribute one dime in support of this team again

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    almost as disreputable an organization as the UFT
    If you like your weekends and watching the JETS on Sundays you should thank a union.