Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Lol, look at the comments in that article.

Borgo? SAR?
    neither... look at the chain of posts from this idiot dating back to 2011. He didn't like Sanchez at all back then, so it ain't SAR. The style is not Borgo whatsoever. Also the zip code is Somerville NJ.

Just a moron who has an axe to grind with Sooth. Maybe Sooth forgot to send him his t-shirt?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 Do the Giants hold practices on LI for their fans??
    Comparing apples to oranges. Giants have no roots and have never been a part of Long Island. Jets we're residents here for 40 years.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    73 signatures. Good start. Please share the link with your friends and if you haven't signed yet, please do me a favor and sign. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    73 signatures. Good start. Please share the link with your friends and if you haven't signed yet, please do me a favor and sign. Thanks.
    I don't have any friends.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    neither... look at the chain of posts from this idiot dating back to 2011. He didn't like Sanchez at all back then, so it ain't SAR. The style is not Borgo whatsoever. Also the zip code is Somerville NJ.

Just a moron who has an axe to grind with Sooth. Maybe Sooth forgot to send him his t-shirt?
    That guy is even angrier than even our angriest of angriest here.

Jets Insider VIP

It's an honor to be singled out twice by that brilliant commentor. The only former poster who I can recall lumping me and SAR together in his hate filled rants about the stadium, the Jets and the entire NFL, Dcat was that Einstein Ray...aka The Band et al. My money is on him

Almost enough signatures to make our own training camp team

I signed, but I have a feeling LI is no longer in the Jets rear view mirror anymore...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    Almost enough signatures to make our own training camp team

I signed, but I have a feeling LI is no longer in the Jets rear view mirror anymore...
    Really asinine considering the fan base here. Fire the marketing department, Woody.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It's an honor to be singled out twice by that brilliant commentor. The only former poster who I can recall lumping me and SAR together in his hate filled rants about the stadium, the Jets and the entire NFL, Dcat was that Einstein Ray...aka The Band et al. My money is on him
    nah... he wouldn't say derogatory things about Sooth. Just you and SAR and probably me, because I cut him no slack on the other site.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Nice to see the Star Ledger (NJ paper) pick up the story. LOL Where's Newsday when you need them?

Thanks to Conor Orr for the ink!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sean - I have no more blood left to give.

Besides, the unsold upper deck and defaulted PSLs speak more loudly than any petition ever could.

They know they blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Sean - I have no more blood left to give.

Besides, the unsold upper deck and defaulted PSLs speak more loudly than any petition ever could.

They know they blew it.
    and if the Jets had made playoff runs the last two seasons, demand would be there. Demand is primarily based on the performance of the team. People are defaulting because the team sucks. Awful head coach, bad GM (Tanny) replaced by a neophyte, terrible offense (people want to watch explosive offense). All adds up to lack of interest and unwillingness to spend. If and when the Jets begin to consistently make playoffs, we'll see the turnaround. A lot depends on the economic environment as well. Market crashes like we've seen a few years ago result in less willingness to spend on entertainment.

With this lousy team on the field, many would walk away no matter where the Jets played. Can't prove it, hypothetical, but when the Jets sucked in the late 70's, Shea was half empty. I was there most gameday Sundays and remember being able to move wherever I wanted because there were empty seats everywhere. A few bucks wrapped around my upper tickets and the usher wiped down our seats for the day on the 40 yard line field level. It was like that week after week after week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Comparing apples to oranges. Giants have no roots and have never been a part of Long Island. Jets we're residents here for 40 years.
    And I lived in Syosset for 40 years it was nice when they were at Hofstra but they don't even play in NY anymore.. I'm in FL now so it doesn't concern me but to show my hearts in the right place I'll sign for my former Long Island friends..

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And I lived in Syosset for 40 years it was nice when they were at Hofstra but they don't even play in NY anymore.. I'm in FL now so it doesn't concern me but to show my hearts in the right place I'll sign for my former Long Island friends..
    Thanks, Bro

Not my team but what the hell. Easy enough to sign.

Jets Insider VIP
    nah... he wouldn't say derogatory things about Sooth. Just you and SAR and probably me, because I cut him no slack on the other site.
    I think his anger at Sooth and JetsInsider stems from his (he admitted at jetshate.con), sixth or seventh permaban from this place

Rookie
    Signed. Lets get them to Stony Brook in 2014

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Two more for 100. Make it happen, Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I think his anger at Sooth and JetsInsider stems from his (he admitted at jetshate.con), sixth or seventh permaban from this place
    it's not Scott. The posts over there were infantile and say what you will about SAR, he does not write like a 3rd grader. Whoever posted that crap at the Star-Ledger had the maturity of a 5 year old.
    Last edited by Dcat; 06-28-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pre-season practices scheduled at Hofstra each of the past two seasons have been cancelled due to scheduling and weather conflicts.
    Makes more sense than trying to slight LI fans.

But a practice on the Island isn't a bad idea, I'll sign