Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    when the Jets sucked in the late 70's, Shea was half empty. I was there most gameday Sundays and remember being able to move wherever I wanted because there were empty seats everywhere. A few bucks wrapped around my upper tickets and the usher wiped down our seats for the day on the 40 yard line field level. It was like that week after week after week.
    What you are talking about at Shea then was because of no shows. The seats were sold. If they kept the statistic the Jets probably led the league in no shows in GS.

I also disagree about what you say about the reason for the problems now is because the team sux. Wasn't psl's supposed to obligate the ticket holder to purchase tickets? Do you really think the Giants would have problems like us if they had some bad years? The Giants built their stadium to accommodate the majority of their base. The Jets did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    What you are talking about at Shea then was because of no shows. The seats were sold. If they kept the statistic the Jets probably led the league in no shows in GS.

I also disagree about what you say about the reason for the problems now is because the team sux. Wasn't psl's supposed to obligate the ticket holder to purchase tickets? Do you really think the Giants would have problems like us if they had some bad years? The Giants built their stadium to accommodate the majority of their base. The Jets did not.
    I know what you think. Unfortunately, you are wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And soon he'll hijack this thread because he's p1ssed the jets don't play in his backyard.

Teams, especially those struggling have a hard time selling out because there is a secondary market saturated with tickets.

I think about letting my tix go now. I could shave off the preseason games and cherry pick the games that I would want to see. Save big money in the process.

They would have faced the same issues if the moved back to NY
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And soon he'll hijack this thread because he's p1ssed the jets don't play in his backyard.
    the usual suspects are at it again. It's like they have nothing better to do. I swear, when they die, I'm going to chisel that the Jets belong in Queens on their tombstones. It's what they will be best remembered for around these parts.

Jets Insider VIP
    I signed out of respect for Sean. I live in Queens which is on LI but I really have no dog in this hunt as far as making the players shlep out to Hempstead for one practice, one day

Wasn't going to sign, but since that angry clown from Somerville (The Band) decided to include me (and SAR) in his ranting comments to the Newark Star Ledger, I decided to join in to show the power of Jets Insider and piss off his stupid a$$ particularly

someone needs to take that reply button away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I signed out of respect for Sean. I live in Queens which is on LI but I really have no dog in this hunt as far as making the players shlep out to Hempstead for one practice, one day

Wasn't going to sign, but since that angry clown from Somerville (The Band) decided to include me (and SAR) in his ranting comments to the Newark Star Ledger, I decided to join in to show the power of Jets Insider and piss off his stupid a$$ particularly
    he doesn't live in Somerville. It's not him

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    someone needs to take that reply button away from him.
    Site was screwing up.

I couldn't get my edit to go through and then the page locked up

Site was screwing up.

I couldn't get my edit to go through and then the page locked up
    Just kidding. It was locking up for me as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    I see Zippy is derailing Sean's petition request to present his usual boring and useless diatribe as to why the Jets can't survive in NJ and should have stayed in his zipcode in Queens despite the fact that the Jets have now been more or less sold out in New Jersey for the last 30 frigging seasons. Zippy apparently can only travel bike or some other conveyance incapable of crossing the George Washington Bridge

Sadly we will never know who is right. I have to say though that the preponderance of evidence shows that there is no way you can say I am wrong.

They would have faced the same issues if the moved back to NY
    Says the Jet Nut who makes excuses for all the f'ck ups of this team. You guys make like the Jets never sucked for the last 40 years and every time they did they couldn't sell out.

Fact is the Jets didn't sell out in NMS even when they went to back to back championship games and the Giants don't have our problems and they deal with the same secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I see Zippy is derailing Sean's petition request to present his usual boring and useless diatribe as to why the Jets can't survive in NJ and should have stayed in his zipcode in Queens despite the fact that the Jets have now been more or less sold out in New Jersey for the last 30 frigging seasons. Zippy apparently can only travel bike or some other conveyance incapable of crossing the George Washington Bridge
    Excuse my but isn't this thread based on the fact that the Jets are pissing off the majority of their fanbase which is on LI - and I am off topic on this thread?

Take your name calling and get lost. Let people discuss issues here not your childish rantings.

Jets Insider VIP
    the derailing continues

maybe JI should consider starting a daily pool of how many times this old fool Zippy manages to work "clusterf**k" into his multitude of posts every time an issue involving the stadium, tickets, training camp visits to beautiful downtown Hempstead and any other tangentially related topics here at JI.

Apparently, based on his posting history, he has NO INTEREST in any other topic involving the team... not personnel issues, not coaching, not players, not schedules, not gameday results --- ONLY stadium should be in Queens for HIM.

Sadly we will never know who is right. I have to say though that the preponderance of evidence shows that there is no way you can say I am wrong.
    LOL. "evidence". You are hallucinating. Lay off the nitrous oxide doc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Excuse my but isn't this thread based on the fact that the Jets are pissing off the majority of their fanbase which is on LI - and I am off topic on this thread?

Take your name calling and get lost. Let people discuss issues here not your childish rantings.
    GCFY

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Says the Jet Nut who makes excuses for all the f'ck ups of this team. You guys make like the Jets never sucked for the last 40 years and every time they did they couldn't sell out.

Fact is the Jets didn't sell out in NMS even when they went to back to back championship games and the Giants don't have our problems and they deal with the same secondary market.
    Stay on topic you self serving moron.

And when I said : Teams, especially those struggling have a hard time selling out because there is a secondary market saturated with tickets. I'm not making excuses. Only to the illiterate. But then again you can't give a consistent theory as to why they aren't 100% sold out. As if you really care.

Jets didn't sell out when they were winning? When the Jets have won their numbers are similar to every other team. In 2012 they sold around 1000 fewer seats than the Giants per game.

4th in the NFL.

20,000 more per game than in your backyard.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In an attempt to get this thread back on topic despite the continuous attempts by Queens Zipcode Fan to hijack it into another of his stadium rants....

Congratulations Sean on crossing the century mark at the petition site

Supported the cause...

LOL. "evidence". You are hallucinating. Lay off the nitrous oxide doc.
    Well the fact they can't sell out in Jersey is indisputable. You can't argue that. Now could they in NY? We'll never know. All the LIers that dropped out after the 2008 season when they announced the new stadium is evidence for my hypothesis that they surely could have. Sean stating that he heard from the Jet front office that still half the STHers are from LI is also telling. Like Jay said in the other thread the Jersey guys that would drop out would be replaced in a nano second by someone from LI.

What's your evidence for your determination to say the Jets would have the same problem they are having in Jersey in NY?

Dcat if they pain the Jets cause you ever becomes too severe I'll save some nitrous for you It looks like we'll need it this season.

no the Jets are pissing off Sean, who lives on LI. All you are doing is a SAR-like derailing of a thread so that you can repeat yourself for the millionth time. Basically, you are a troll.