Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 216

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Stay on topic you self serving moron.
    Now if you have nothing intelligent to say then revert to name calling.

    If you site the attendance statistics put forward by the Jets they you're the one on Nitrous. Ask Alkrotraz how they come up with these numbers.

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    as I said earlier, Zippy -- you are ruining Sean's petition thread

    This petition is about on one day practice in LI. It has nothing to do with your Don Quixote like tilting at windmills about how the Jets should have built their stadium in the dumps next to Citifield

    which by the way, despite eminent domain orders from the City, remain uncleared out or in any way ready for building anything (except breeding grounds for plague, malaria and cholera) to this day -- NINE YEARS AFTER THE PLANS TO BUILD THE NEW STADIUM IN NEW JERSEY were approved

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    What you are talking about at Shea then was because of no shows. The seats were sold. If they kept the statistic the Jets probably led the league in no shows in GS.

    I also disagree about what you say about the reason for the problems now is because the team sux. Wasn't psl's supposed to obligate the ticket holder to purchase tickets? Do you really think the Giants would have problems like us if they had some bad years? The Giants built their stadium to accommodate the majority of their base. The Jets did not.
    Face the facts, in 1984, the Jets decided to move to a modern NFL stadium with plenty of parking and access. In 2013 they still play in that zip code. While it is a bummer for those east of the Throgs Neck, for those of us in NJ it is a blessing. PSL's or no PSL's you would still be complaining about the stadium... Hope you get your Hofstra practice back...

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Now if you have nothing intelligent to say then revert to name calling.

    If you site the attendance statistics put forward by the Jets they you're the one on Nitrous. Ask Alkrotraz how they come up with these numbers.
    cite, you ignoramus

    No spell check at that nursing home?


    seriously, what is with the constant nitrous references, you dolt?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post

    Dcat if they pain the Jets cause you ever becomes too severe I'll save some nitrous for you It looks like we'll need it this season.
    this we agree on.

    Right now the Jets wouldn't sell out anywhere. Heck, the Cowboys still can't sell out, and they are better than the Jets with a nicer venue.

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Well the fact they can't sell out in Jersey is indisputable. You can't argue that. Now could they in NY? We'll never know. All the LIers that dropped out after the 2008 season when they announced the new stadium is evidence for my hypothesis that they surely could have. Sean stating that he heard from the Jet front office that still half the STHers are from LI is also telling. Like Jay said in the other thread the Jersey guys that would drop out would be replaced in a nano second by someone from LI.

    What's your evidence for your determination to say the Jets would have the same problem they are having in Jersey in NY?

    Dcat if they pain the Jets cause you ever becomes too severe I'll save some nitrous for you It looks like we'll need it this season.
    why drop out after 2008, when you already invested 24 years of going to games at the Meadowlands?

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Now if you have nothing intelligent to say then revert to name calling.

    If you site the attendance statistics put forward by the Jets they you're the one on Nitrous. Ask Alkrotraz how they come up with these numbers.
    LOL, now its the attendance figures put out by the Jets? You know this?

    And you know how many they actually sold? How?

    Yet you compared the Jets to the Giants who's attendance figures are calculated the same way as the Jets. Along with all 32 teams.

    And know they're wrong? Question fool, why would any team face blackouts if they could just fudge the numbers?

    The only thing indisputable is that youre a troll on a mission.

  8. #88
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Why? Because they're not having a token practice at Hofstra to appease a few jaded Long Islanders who think the organization owes them something?

    Please. Stop already. This b.s. got old a long time ago.
    +1

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    why drop out after 2008, when you already invested 24 years of going to games at the Meadowlands?
    Because I always had the hope that one day we would return to NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And you know how many they actually sold? How?

    Yet you compared the Jets to the Giants who's attendance figures are calculated the same way as the Jets. Along with all 32 teams.

    And know they're wrong? Question fool, why would any team face blackouts if they could just fudge the numbers?

    The only thing indisputable is that youre a troll on a mission.
    Because anyone who is not a Nut knows the Jets do it with smoke and mirrors. The Giants don't have to do that. Don't take my word for it. Take Alkrotraz's who has more knowledge of Jet tickets then anyone else around here.

  10. #90
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    I'm still mad they left the Polo Grounds, life would still be good if Leon did not care so much about urinal quality ...

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,575
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Please all sign (you don't have to be from LI to sign) and share link with your Facebook, twitter friends. Thanks.
    Signed it and put my 2 cents in the remarks area.

    I don't have a facebook account but I did post the link for the petition on my twitter account @ARodKeysJetsFan and tweeted about it as well, so, I did what I could.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-28-2013 at 04:32 PM.

  12. #92
    Signed

    Do the right thing Woody

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Because I always had the hope that one day we would return to NY.

    Because anyone who is not a Nut knows the Jets do it with smoke and mirrors. The Giants don't have to do that. Don't take my word for it. Take Alkrotraz's who has more knowledge of Jet tickets then anyone else around here.
    got this today...

    "The New York Giants have a limited number of single game tickets available for the 2013 season. As a valued season ticketholder, we are offering you the first right to purchase additional tickets for our 2013 season home games. Ticket prices range from $110-$725 depending on the location and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit of six (6) tickets per game per account."

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    got this today...

    "The New York Giants have a limited number of single game tickets available for the 2013 season. As a valued season ticketholder, we are offering you the first right to purchase additional tickets for our 2013 season home games. Ticket prices range from $110-$725 depending on the location and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limit of six (6) tickets per game per account."

    I'll give you a preview of Queens Zipcode's response, Frank

    "If only the Giants had stayed at Yankee Stadium instead of that clusterf**k in New Jersey!!"

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Because I always had the hope that one day we would return to NY.

    Because anyone who is not a Nut knows the Jets do it with smoke and mirrors. The Giants don't have to do that. Don't take my word for it. Take Alkrotraz's who has more knowledge of Jet tickets then anyone else around here.
    LOL, the Giants, the Cowboys, the Redskins. All 3 ahead of the Jets posted attendance figure that you somehow know are right, while the cloak and dagger NY Jets pull one over the entire league.

    Here's more for you Nut. The league splits ALL regular season attendance dollars. Tell me again how you know that the Jets are posting made up numbers? You don't think that the NFL who shares teams revenue, as well as the players union, that also shares in that revenue might be on top of that number, making sure its not "smoke and mirrors" like you claim? Without a shred of evidence other than to say, because.

    And I know you aren't smart enough to answer questions like the one I asked earlier but explain this one to us. Why would the Jets inflate their attendance figures given that they then would have to fork over money to the league and union that they didn't collect? Please shed some light on how smart it would be to say you collect X amount and split that total when in actuality you collect less? Should be a good answer. Almost as good as the non answer when I asked why a team would ever admit they didn't sell enough tix and their games need to be blacked out.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,023
    Winners can pretty much do whatever they want.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why would the Jets inflate the number given that they then would have to fork over money to the league and union that they didn't collect.
    What the #'s don't tell you is who is buying the tickets. That's where everybody knows the smoke and mirrors come in. Your buddy Dcat and many others on JI have mentioned several times how they see in the stadium whole rows (and sometimes sections) filled with visiting fans and such. Akrotraz who studies the secondary market talks about how the Jets dump excess tickets on these markets. The Jets themselves can buy tickets to avoid blackouts. There are all kinds of ways. Everybody knows that except for the people who like to make excuses for the Jets and have blinders on.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    What the #'s don't tell you is who is buying the tickets. That's where everybody knows the smoke and mirrors come in. Your buddy Dcat and many others on JI have mentioned several times how they see in the stadium whole rows (and sometimes sections) filled with visiting fans and such.
    Once again, you are incorrect. (Becoming a habit of yours, isn't it?) That was for opening day against the Ravens. Never saw it again until San Francisco. That's twice in 3 years. But nice try. And NEVER entire sections. Just some rear rows in the lower level. Please try not to distort and exaggerate anything I post. Thank You.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Once again, you are incorrect. (Becoming a habit of yours, isn't it?) That was for opening day against the Ravens. Never saw it again until San Francisco. That's twice in 3 years. But nice try. And NEVER entire sections. Just some rear rows in the lower level. Please try not to distort and exaggerate anything I post. Thank You.
    OK and you are saying you think that the Jets have always sold old the stadium in its 3 years and if they did they did it without dumping tickets on the secondary markets? You believe that?

    PS: I never said you said sections. Others have. When you referenced that section of Raven fans wasn't it in the context that you didn't think that section was sold out of psl's?
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-28-2013 at 07:07 PM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    OK and you are saying you think that the Jets have always sold old the stadium in its 3 years and if they did they did it without dumping tickets on the secondary markets? You believe that?

    PS: I never said you said sections. Others have. When you referenced that section of Raven fans wasn't it in the context that you didn't think that section was sold out of psl's?
    I have always said that there are pockets of very good PSLs remaining. Case in point were the upper rows on the 15 of sections 142 & 135. I know for a fact that in 135, those seats are almost all gone now. They DID continue to sell PSLs after the stadium opened. Over 95% of non club PSLs are indeed sold. Apparently pockets of them to ticket brokers. Just like old times.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us