Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    BTW: The poll isn't for moving the entire training camp back to LI (although it would be great if they were at Stony Brook), it was to bring back the one camp night they did here since they moved, back to LI, which they dumped entirely this summer.
    Sean from what I can see they have only one local night in NJ and no family night?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why subject anyone to have to travel to LI in the summer?! Maybe the worst traffic jams in the country. Jets have a great new facility, why go back to where it was subpar and all those forgettable seasons took place? I would never look back if I was Woody. BTW, I live in CT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I signed out of respect for Sean. I live in Queens which is on LI but I really have no dog in this hunt as far as making the players shlep out to Hempstead for one practice, one day

Wasn't going to sign, but since that angry clown from Somerville (The Band) decided to include me (and SAR) in his ranting comments to the Newark Star Ledger, I decided to join in to show the power of Jets Insider and piss off his stupid a$$ particularly
    Lolz you got trashed on the comment section!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Lolz you got trashed on the comment section!!!!!!
    Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Jets Insider doesn't talk about football or the Jets most of the members hate the Jets. They bash posters then the over zealous moderators ban anyone who gets an edge on them. Its the good ole boys club there. Avoid that trash forum at all costs. sg3 is a loser who should have been banned years ago. "

Just to set the record straight, I didn't post that comment but the reasons I no longer post on Jets Insider are remarkably similar:

1. SG3's constant harassment which goes unpunished.

2. Bonhomme Richard flipping from a great poster into a terrible moderator.

What you've allowed to happen to this place is a travesty.

SAR I

COME BACK SAR ONE!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    In true SAR delusional fashion he makes it sound like not posting here was his decision. That due to others he decided to stay away. Just as he never got that his constant whining and thread hijacking ruined this site.

We all should thank SG3 and Bonhomme Richard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile, back to.the point of this thread and to give it a bump

How's the petition drive going, Sooth? I'm working on some LI friends and relatives. Give us an update when you can. And THANKS for JI, best Jet fan message board on the planet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How's the petition drive going, Sooth? I'm working on some LI friends and relatives. Give us an update when you can. And THANKS for JI, best Jet fan message board on the planet
    I'd be interested in the progress as well ... I'd guess it has at least 10 signatures by now. :-/

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    over 100 when I signed two days ago, dunnie

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Miss you SAR. We had some spirited debates but this place is not the same without you.
    I have no doubt you & your sentiments represent the underwhelming minority of JI.

It's actually been very nice around here without him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like

You and I signed around the same time.

I posted a link for the petition on my twitter account and tweeted about it.

It has 136 signatures at this moment in time, 64 more to go.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-30-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I have no doubt you & your sentiments represent the underwhelming minority of JI.

It's actually been very nice around here without him.
    Have noticed the change myself. The stupid clown pics in every thread, changing the focus of every thread to his agenda etc have made this place a much better place to hang.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it seems that the homers are glad SAR is gone. Homers who love and defend every move of the Jets and attack anyone with a different opinion do not make JI a better place.

SAR and I had many spirited disagreements but he was always entertaining.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it seems that the homers are glad SAR is gone. Homers who love and defend every move of the Jets and attack anyone with a different opinion do not make JI a better place.

SAR and I had many spirited disagreements but he was always entertaining.
    1. SAR always presented well reasoned opinions and tried to back up his position with relevant evidence.

2. SAR never (NEVER) engaged in personal attacks on anyone. Yet, because he irritated many, he was the recipient of many nasty personal attacks.

3. SAR is witty and sometimes downright hilarious. Most people here took him WAY too seriously.

4. the one thing that I found irritating was his tendency to constantly repeat himself. That behavior sometimes resulted in people ignoring the merits/logic of his position and just going on the attack. Endless repetition is annoying for sure, but really... is it ban-worthy? I don't think so, but that seemed to be the reason that Paulie banned him. At that point, SAR picked up his ball and went home, not to return. JI is not a better forum without him. But blind homers are surely celebrating.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR always presented his views clearly and backed them with solid info. I agree he did not perpetrate attacks on any individual.

He also responded to questions thoughtfully and sometime provided some nice amusement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    1. SAR always presented well reasoned opinions and tried to back up his position with relevant evidence.

2. SAR never (NEVER) engaged in personal attacks on anyone. Yet, because he irritated many, he was the recipient of many nasty personal attacks.

3. SAR is witty and sometimes downright hilarious. Most people here took him WAY too seriously.

4. the one thing that I found irritating was his tendency to constantly repeat himself. That behavior sometimes resulted in people ignoring the merits/logic of his position and just going on the attack. Endless repetition is annoying for sure, but really... is it ban-worthy? I don't think so, but that seemed to be the reason that Paulie banned him. At that point, SAR picked up his ball and went home, not to return. JI is not a better forum without him. But blind homers are surely celebrating.
    Very well put. I agree with most everything. What exactly did SAR do that ticked off Paulie?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very well put. I agree with most everything. What exactly did SAR do that ticked off Paulie?
    I think it was a cumulative thing. Paulie is a young man, in his 20's I believe and I don't know if he was mature enough to not take the bait that SAR constantly puts out there regarding economic class and tiresome repetition about blaming Rex for everything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attacked Upper Deck STHs (farters and burpers)

Attacked Fireman Ed (working class fraud)

Attacked good Jet fans who liked to tailgate (garbage dumping slobs and football throwers)

Attacked good Jet fans who chose to not buy STHs (pretzel munchers)

Attacked brave men serving their country, anyone not rich enough to lease an entry level BMW and countless other demographics.

This is my last post on this attention whore. I wouldn't want him to feel harrassed and the need to post a third "FINAL LAST EVER WHY I LEFT THOSE MEANIES AT JETS INSIDER" look at me, guys post

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I think it was a cumulative thing. Paulie is a young man, in his 20's I believe and I don't know if he was mature enough to not take the bait that SAR constantly puts out there regarding economic class and tiresome repetition about blaming Rex for everything.
    Good point plus young fans think football started when they became interested and have a tendency to overreact when given any power especially when they campaign to be a Mod in the first place..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attacked Upper Deck STHs (farters and burpers)
    that was schtick and comical. Anyone who took it seriously is, I am sorry to say, an idiot.

Attacked Fireman Ed (working class fraud)
    Fireman Ed is a dubious character at best. Scott was not the only one to see through his façade. Frankly, I couldn't care less about him, and what the f*ck does expressing one's dislike for Ed matter anyway. Were YOU insulted by it? If not, then shut up. Ed is a big boy and if he didn't like it he was welcomed to reply himself.

Attacked good Jet fans who liked to tailgate (garbage dumping slobs and football throwers)
    again, he attacked no one. He expressed his dislike of the tailgate scene at MetLife and he gave his reasons for it. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, IMO, from what I experience at tailgates for the last 30 years, so many Jets fans are borderline alcoholics and drink to excess to the point of ruining game day experience for those around them. Also, it is true that many tailgaters are disrespectful of other people's vehicles.

Attacked good Jet fans who chose to not buy STHs (pretzel munchers)
    No Steven, he only reacted to those same "good" Jets fans who CONSTANTLY ridiculed those who did elect to purchase PSLs. People like Petejet (a mod no less) and many others. You are delusional. SAR and PSL purchasers have received 10 times the abuse dished out by raging non-PSL purchasers than SAR dished back. You are so distorted in your perception, I don't know where to begin. SAR's was a reactive position, not an attacking position. The attackers are those who continually ridicule anyone who bought in. They do it to this very day.

Attacked brave men serving their country, anyone not rich enough to lease an entry level BMW and countless other demographics.
    Again, you purposefully distort. He criticized the never ending military tributes at games. Hey, I don't mind those at all, in fact I think they are good symbols of patriotic expression, but SAR is fully within his rights as an American to openly express his disapproval. What are you a facist? Have you never heard of 'free speech'? Seems you don't like the concept.

This is my last post on this attention whore. I wouldn't want him to feel harrassed and the need to post a third "FINAL LAST EVER WHY I LEFT THOSE MEANIES AT JETS INSIDER" look at me, guys post
    if I had a dime for every time you said "this is my last post on a topic" or "I'm putting you on ignore", I'd buy both you and SAR a couple more BMW's.

Look in the mirror first before opening that big trap, my friend. Just a suggest that I think is appropriate for you.