Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 216

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I have always said that there are pockets of very good PSLs remaining. Case in point were the upper rows on the 15 of sections 142 & 135. I know for a fact that in 135, those seats are almost all gone now. They DID continue to sell PSLs after the stadium opened. Over 95% of non club PSLs are indeed sold. Apparently pockets of them to ticket brokers. Just like old times.
    Forget it, Alcatraz or whatever his name is knows the actual attendance figures. The NFL has it wrong. No matter what your argument he has a response. The numbers that are used to judge the entire league don't count because he knows that the Jets lie. The Giants, Cowboys etc don't. Because the Skins would want to admit that they had fewer empty seats than the Jets and others. A team with TV blacked out, they don't lie, the team that ran out on him did. Empty rows prove that they're making numbers up. Because we all know that if you bought a seat and didn't go to the game and count it as a ticket sold youre full of sh1t.

    One thing more, we all knew he would whine, p1ss and moan his way into hijacking a thread because he still can't accept that the Jets aren't playing in Queens.

    Games aren't blacked out? They dumped the tix themselves. Has a conspiracy theory for every answer. Not one single fact to prove any team is making it up or that any is being truthful. Just he knows, because. Its the Jets, they're in NJ. They lie. Smoke and mirrors.

    And if you don't agree, you have blinders on.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-28-2013 at 08:29 PM.

  2. #102
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,797
    Question for the mods


    what the fark does this raving baloney from Zippy have to farking do with getting the JI community to sign a petition to have a training camp practice at Hofstra?

    It has not a farking thing to do with the stadium in New Jersey, attendance or any of Zippy's usual and generally incorrect crap spewed every time the subject of stadia comes up. He, to my knowledge, ONLY posts with his tiresome line of baloney on how Queens is better than New Jersey and NOTHING ELSE

    A practice in Hofstra... let's get the Jets to do it... So why is this troll allowed to continue to derail and hijack this useful and worthwhile thread started by Sooth to get signatures??


    If you want to allow this whining old guy to condemn New Jersey, the stadium, the Jets and everything but Queens, there's already a stadium thread about PSL default letters that he's been derailing for the last five days

    Why allow him to derail this one

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Question for the mods


    what the fark does this raving baloney from Zippy have to farking do with getting the JI community to sign a petition to have a training camp practice at Hofstra?

    It has not a farking thing to do with the stadium in New Jersey, attendance or any of Zippy's usual and generally incorrect crap spewed every time the subject of stadia comes up. He, to my knowledge, ONLY posts with his tiresome line of baloney on how Queens is better than New Jersey and NOTHING ELSE

    A practice in Hofstra... let's get the Jets to do it... So why is this troll allowed to continue to derail and hijack this useful and worthwhile thread started by Sooth to get signatures??


    If you want to allow this whining old guy to condemn New Jersey, the stadium, the Jets and everything but Queens, there's already a stadium thread about PSL default letters that he's been derailing for the last five days

    Why allow him to derail this one
    Excuse me but this is a projection if I ever saw one. I make one post on page 4 saying I disagreed with Dcat on an issue (and isn't that what a forum is about to discuss topics?) and immediately you, The Nut, and Dcat pounce that I'm derailing. My post of disagreement with Dcat was actually in agreement with Sean the OP of this thread. Your juvenile whining and name calling has done more to derail this thread then anything else.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,797
    please just shut up and stop spewing your usual crap and derailing Sooth's useful attempt to round up petitions for a training camp practice in LI

    shut up

    go away

    thank you

  5. #105
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    2,996
    Done! Loved the Hofstra visits back in the day.

  6. #106
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    and if the Jets had made playoff runs the last two seasons, demand would be there. Demand is primarily based on the performance of the team. People are defaulting because the team sucks. Awful head coach, bad GM (Tanny) replaced by a neophyte, terrible offense (people want to watch explosive offense). All adds up to lack of interest and unwillingness to spend. If and when the Jets begin to consistently make playoffs, we'll see the turnaround. A lot depends on the economic environment as well. Market crashes like we've seen a few years ago result in less willingness to spend on entertainment.

    With this lousy team on the field, many would walk away no matter where the Jets played. Can't prove it, hypothetical, but when the Jets sucked in the late 70's, Shea was half empty. I was there most gameday Sundays and remember being able to move wherever I wanted because there were empty seats everywhere. A few bucks wrapped around my upper tickets and the usher wiped down our seats for the day on the 40 yard line field level. It was like that week after week after week.
    I'm not sure how many teams were sold out in the late 1970s, but my guess is they were in the minority. You're talking about a time when sell-out or not, home market games were blacked out, period. The NFL was not the NFL as we know it today, not by a long shot.

    The fact is, the Jets were sold out at Shea and had a waiting list in the 80s. I know, because my family was on it. But this all has little to do with my statement to Sean.

  7. #107
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,515
    Any of you who sign this realize you are putting yourselves ahead of the team and should have your fandom questioned, right?

  8. #108
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Any of you who sign this realize you are putting yourselves ahead of the team and should have your fandom questioned, right?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-29-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  9. #109
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Any of you who sign this realize you are putting yourselves ahead of the team and should have your fandom questioned, right?
    It's about time we stop acting like fans and more like players.

  10. #110
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,762
    Oh goody! Another stadium thread.

    What's the over/under on whether this gets more signatures than the stadium petititon?

    Seriously, Hofstra is the anti-Florham Park. Would be nice to for the Jets to make a showing in LI if they can for their dwindling LI "fan base", but Hoftsra
    isn't ideal. Maybe indoors at Barclay Center where all the other LI teams are going?

  11. #111
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,515
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I'll take that as you knowing but not wanting to accept that I am right.

  12. #112
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Would be nice for the Jets to make a showing for their dwindling "fan base".
    Fixed.

  13. #113
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Fixed.
    You can only hope.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I disagree, the fan base is spreed all over the metropolitan area. LI is only a small part of the fan base. Since 1969 fans are spreed all over the country.

    Cortland NY is is the best place for training camp IMO.
    +1

  15. #115
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I'll take that as you knowing but not wanting to accept that I am right.
    How does that make you feel?

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,515
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    How does that make you feel?
    Meh. You?

  17. #117
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Meh. You?
    The same.

  18. #118
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Lol, look at the comments in that article.

    Borgo? SAR?
    "Jets Insider doesn't talk about football or the Jets most of the members hate the Jets. They bash posters then the over zealous moderators ban anyone who gets an edge on them. Its the good ole boys club there. Avoid that trash forum at all costs. sg3 is a loser who should have been banned years ago. "

    Just to set the record straight, I didn't post that comment but the reasons I no longer post on Jets Insider are remarkably similar:

    1. SG3's constant harassment which goes unpunished.

    2. Bonhomme Richard flipping from a great poster into a terrible moderator.

    What you've allowed to happen to this place is a travesty.

    SAR I

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Jets Insider doesn't talk about football or the Jets most of the members hate the Jets. They bash posters then the over zealous moderators ban anyone who gets an edge on them. Its the good ole boys club there. Avoid that trash forum at all costs. sg3 is a loser who should have been banned years ago. "

    Just to set the record straight, I didn't post that comment but the reasons I no longer post on Jets Insider are remarkably similar:

    1. SG3's constant harassment which goes unpunished.

    2. Bonhomme Richard flipping from a great poster into a terrible moderator.

    What you've allowed to happen to this place is a travesty.

    SAR I
    This thread is a perfect example of point 1. Miss you SAR. We had some spirited debates but this place is not the same without you.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 06-29-2013 at 10:54 PM.

  20. #120
    SARBear's face when things have changed.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us