Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

As we saw in the just released Training Camp schedule the Jets have slighted their Long Island fanbase again this year by failing to schedule a training camp day out here for a second year (last year they had one scheduled and cancelled, this year they didn't even bother to try to schedule one).

The Jets roots come from Long Island and a large portion (if not a majority) of their fans are from here. Season ticket holders pay large PSL's, travel a long distance to see them each week, yet the Jets seemingly have totally abandoned their fanbase here.

We have created a petition to let the team know that Long Islanders are not happy and we want our training camp day back! Please sign it and share with your fellow fans. I guarantee it will be seen by Woody and the Jets brass.

Thanks.

https://www.change.org/petitions/new...to-long-island

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    As we saw in the just released Training Camp schedule the Jets have slighted their Long Island fanbase again this year by failing to schedule a training camp day out here for a second year (last year they had one scheduled and cancelled, this year they didn't even bother to try to schedule one).

The Jets roots come from Long Island and a large portion (if not a majority) of their fans are from here. Season ticket holders pay large PSL's, travel a long distance to see them each week, yet the Jets seemingly have totally abandoned their fanbase here.

We have created a petition to let the team know that Long Islanders are not happy and we want our training camp day back! Please sign it and share with your fellow fans. I guarantee it will be seen by Woody and the Jets brass.

Thanks.

Like tens of thousands of people Every year ... And businesses, they are leaving LI.

sad but the state of LI today.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    As we saw in the just released Training Camp schedule the Jets have slighted their Long Island fanbase again this year

The Jets roots come from Long Island and a large portion (if not a majority) of their fans are from here.

I was born and raised in Islip, Long Island and I would be pissed if I still lived there.

The days of the Jets practicing at Hofstra and playing at Shea Stadium is an important part of their origin and history that they seem to have forgotten.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss the Hofstra days. I am probably in the minority on that but still.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Please all sign (you don't have to be from LI to sign) and share link with your Facebook, twitter friends. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of state fan here, so this really doesn't affect me. But, why not.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Out of state fan here, so this really doesn't affect me. But, why not.
    Thanks!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bastards! I signed. Do you mind if they leave holMEs there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a big deal IMO- they didn't used to have a TC practice at Shea or in NJ when they were at Hofstra. Times have changed.

The Dodgers don't practice in Brooklyn and the Nets dont practice in the Meadowlands, ya know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree, the fan base is spreed all over the metropolitan area. LI is only a small part of the fan base. Since 1969 fans are spreed all over the country.

Cortland NY is is the best place for training camp IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember how the single practice at Hofstra was scheduled every year since the team left, but if it wasn't scheduled in such a way that the team was able to stay in the area immediately prior to a preseason game, or if the practice wasn't within a couple days after a preseason game, then the petition is just stupid. It's just logistics; if you really want to see them that badly then drive up to Cortland on a Saturday (which I'm assuming you're able to do if you're taking a few hours out of the day to attend a training camp practice at Hofstra regardless). If it were possible to schedule it in the way mentioned above, so be it. Times have changed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signed..

I think why this is happening is because REX specifically does not feel an allegiance to LI. He was the new HC coming in among many other drastic changes. Rex wanted to put his name on things.

And you can't necessarily fault him on it. After all, he is the HC and you've got to let the guys you hire do the job the way they see fit. Or else what's the point in hiring a HC?

I still want to see the Jets have at least one day of TC on LI though. I believe the "change up" is a good curveball to throw at the team... Make them sharp in their preparation, still get in a good practice despite travel time being involved, never take no for an answer, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll sign it, I don't care about watching other players practice, even if they are in my backyard.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 20 minutes from Hofstra, it's time to let them go.

Having a 2 hour exhibition practice isn't going to bring them "back" to LI. They're already gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live on LI, and don't give a rat's @ss where they practice. I want them to win football games. Coming to LI for an exhibition practice is pointless bullsh!t.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most tone deaf organization in sports. Not even close.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Most tone deaf organization in sports. Not even close.
    Why? Because they're not having a token practice at Hofstra to appease a few jaded Long Islanders who think the organization owes them something?

Please. Stop already. This b.s. got old a long time ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can keep their stinking practice but I signed anyway just to show support.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

We talkin bout practice, man. Don't bother our NJ teams please. Petition the Buffalo Bills.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoQ7kKgx4o