Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jets slight LI for training camp. Sign petition here to let them know you're pissed!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Sorry, it's fine to disagree and as you can see I've had no issues with others who don't agree but he was just being a douche. Pretty much his M.O. for years and I've put up with it.

Not today.
    Can't help it, as soon as I read that this is exactly what I thought

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Can't help it, as soon as I read that this is exactly what I thought

I can't remember the last time I banned someone here. It's got to be close to 2 years.

However, you f*ck with the Bull...

well, you know the rest.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsrule128
    Just got a call from them after I sent an email last week
    Saying how I think it's rude they are ignoring Long Island

The guy did say they are planning something on Long Island this year but he could not say what it is yet.

My thoughts are I will believe it when I see it from the cover of some bushes across the street!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Fixed
    That's the funniest thing I have seen you post.

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not sure why you are so thrilled at putting down a project started by Sooth? Or is it just another extension of your SOJF position on everything about the team?
    Just stating my opinion that I don't care for any sort of Hofstra practice ... That's all. But I do feel for the diehard disenfranchised LI fan .. Must have sucked when they moved.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-02-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    How could anybody go against this!!!!!

If it is just 10 dedicated fans shouldn't we as Jets fans be supporting them as long it is a rationale request???

For posters to say screw LI fans and they aren't important is a disgrace!!!
    Right on the money CB, as usual........

Hall Of Fame
    LOL, right back at ya.

BTW..guess who gets the last LOL?
    Sorry, it's fine to disagree and as you can see I've had no issues with others who don't agree but he was just being a douche. Pretty much his M.O. for years and I've put up with it.

Not today.
    I can't remember the last time I banned someone here. It's got to be close to 2 years.

However, you f*ck with the Bull...

well, you know the rest.
    Hallelujah. Long overdue.

In fairness to Source, at least he is an @sshhole to everybody. He is consistent; have to give him credit for that. Others just pick fights with us mortals and kiss the mod's a$$es.

I didn't bother to read any of the comments so forgive me if this was already stated :

Does anyone believe that the reason this happened was so Mark Sanchez wouldn't be heckled every 5 seconds by the gathered crowd?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I didn't bother to read any of the comments so forgive me if this was already stated :

Does anyone believe that the reason this happened was so Mark Sanchez wouldn't be heckled every 5 seconds by the gathered crowd?
    Might be part of it.

Honestly, I think the biggest reason is economics. They literally have to pack up camp and move it to LI for one day. I also think Hofstra dropping its football program might play a role b.c they might not have all the equipment available to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Might be part of it.

Honestly, I think the biggest reason is economics. They literally have to pack up camp and move it to LI for one day. I also think Hofstra dropping its football program might play a role b.c they might not have all the equipment available to them anymore.
    man....it's still surreal that Hofstra football is gone.

They were to college football as Duke is to Basketball.

(well okay...I'm exaggerating just a tad. )

Anyway, I think if Rex had his way, he would make sure that the Jets only have CLOSED-DOOR Training-Camp Practices with no chance that any fans would hurt Suckchez's feelings.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Just stating my opinion that I don't care for any sort of Hofstra practice ... That's all. But I do feel for the diehard disenfranchised LI fan .. Must have sucked when they moved.
    LOLz, a new meaning of the word

I lived 1.5 miles away when the Jets moved,
    got in my car, and drove to games in their new location.

Didn't suck at all.

I still don't get this. It comes across as whiny. As someone mentioned above, the Jets did what was best for the Jets. The fact that, half of their season ticket holders reside in LI (quoting you from a few pages above Sooth) shouldn't obligate them to go out of their way from upstate New York down to LI for one measly night of practice. If someone loves the team that much and was willing to take a day off from work to attend practice, make the 4-5 hour drive to Cortland one day (or even on a weekend!). I just dont see why anyone feels as if the team owes you something because they moved to a world-class facility in Florham Park and decided to do what most other NFL teams do, which is going away for training camp. If you're really that against the team not having practice there, then drop your tickets (I realize how irrational that is - but I think its a bit more rational than expecting them to drop everything and come to Hofstra for a day to appease residents of their past hometown).

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I signed. Never did like the trek, nor the area, but meeting up with fellow fans and watching practice was very enjoyable. Even when they just scrimmaged 1 day a year was fun. When Favre was signed it was like the Beatles just landed. Never saw Hofstra so crowded.
    Even though I live close by, I don't go to practices anymore. For that one game, yes I'd go to LI.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsrule128 View Post
    Just got a call from them after I sent an email last week
    Saying how I think it's rude they are ignoring Long Island

The guy did say they are planning something on Long Island this year but he could not say what it is yet.

My thoughts are I will believe it when I see it!
    Just wondering what email address did you write to?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.

Half naked pics of men in tight clothes wearing cups = cool

Half naked pics of woman = not cool

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I signed. Never did like the trek, nor the area, but meeting up with fellow fans and watching practice was very enjoyable. Even when they just scrimmaged 1 day a year was fun. When Favre was signed it was like the Beatles just landed. Never saw Hofstra so crowded.
    Even though I live close by, I don't go to practices anymore. For that one game, yes I'd go to LI.
    I went to the game in Nashville in 2008. All the southerners in Favre jerseys was unbelievable. Favre did bring us quite a show..... I met guys in Favre jerseys from Mississippi. Not JETS fans per se, but Favre fans.

Bewildered Beast
    I signed; supporting those that want to get this point across.