Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: The "Patriot" Way..

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats were the only team to even talk to his college HC, were the only team that even considered drafting him and then did. That alone puts to rest the luck theory, other than the fact they were lucky that everyone else was so stupid.
    Lol ya because coaches/gms are really thinking a qb picked in the 6th round will actually become a starter they " talked to his coach" wow lol.. Teams draft guys all the time in late rounds without talking to them .. nobody really waste time, 6th and 7th round qbs barely survive as #3 somewhere, let alone start, or become 1 of the greatest.. So they knew having Bledsoe prime of career a pretty proven qb, they needed some depth at qb on bench.. If BB really thought that much of Brady he would have reached for him much sooner than 6th rd. your OC traded into 1st round to grab the qb of his dreams in tebow even though had a early 2nd rd pick, he didnt want to risk losing him

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,624
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats were the only team to even talk to his college HC, were the only team that even considered drafting him and then did. That alone puts to rest the luck theory, other than the fact they were lucky that everyone else was so stupid.
    Listen I unsderstand you guys have been having a rough time of it but...

    If the Patriots had any inkling whatsoever of what Tom Brady might one day become then they would have drafted him in the first round.

    or the 2nd

    or the 3rd

    or the 4th

    or the 5th.


    They had no f&cking idea just like everyone else or they would have acted on it. They got lucky. Props to them for that but really, you need to get your head out of your ass about that particular piece of historical good fortune.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    nfl.com joins in the bashing of the Jets -- for their quarterback fumbling. Much more important than their beloved Patriocheats harboring a serial murderer for four years and giving him a 41 million dollar contract extension...

    Love their Patriots, they do..... almost as much as ESPatsN

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nfl.com joins in the bashing of the Jets -- for their quarterback fumbling. Much more important than their beloved Patriocheats harboring a serial murderer for four years and giving him a 41 million dollar contract extension...

    Love their Patriots, they do..... almost as much as ESPatsN
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/mark...new-york-jets/

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nfl.com joins in the bashing of the Jets -- for their quarterback fumbling. Much more important than their beloved Patriocheats harboring a serial murderer for four years and giving him a 41 million dollar contract extension...

    Love their Patriots, they do..... almost as much as ESPatsN
    Not just harboring, but aiding and abetting.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teddy Bruschi exact words from America's Game on NFLN:

    " I like to think that I helped formed the Patriot Way. It is who I am; how we conduct ourselves."

    By the way, I invite all to look at NFLN's America's Game on the 2001 Patriots. Please listen carefully to the quotes of Brady and Milloy and tell me that Spygate did not play a significant role in the Pats winning. The quotes are very telling from the Pats players own words.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,909
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Teddy Bruschi exact words from America's Game on NFLN:

    " I like to think that I helped formed the Patriot Way. It is who I am; how we conduct ourselves."

    By the way, I invite all to look at NFLN's America's Game on the 2001 Patriots. Please listen carefully to the quotes of Brady and Milloy and tell me that Spygate did not play a significant role in the Pats winning. The quotes are very telling from the Pats players own words.
    One of the funniest quotes of all times!! Thanks for the entertainment, Teddy!

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats were the only team to even talk to his college HC, were the only team that even considered drafting him and then did. That alone puts to rest the luck theory, other than the fact they were lucky that everyone else was so stupid.
    This is a complete crock of sh*t.

    Good job of making it sound like the Patsies actually KNEW what they were getting.

    The fact is, they were looking for a 2nd stringer to put behind Drew Bledsoe.

    So talking to the coach and trying to make it sound like they were smarter than any other team is a complete dingbat statement on your part. If they really knew what they were getting, they would have selected him in the first round.

    They lucked the f*ck out, THAT's the point.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is a complete crock of sh*t.

    Good job of making it sound like the Patsies actually KNEW what they were getting.

    The fact is, they were looking for a 2nd stringer to put behind Drew Bledsoe.

    So talking to the coach and trying to make it sound like they were smarter than any other team is a complete dingbat statement on your part. If they really knew what they were getting, they would have selected him in the first round.

    They lucked the f*ck out, THAT's the point.
    Good thing the Pats had 3 6th rd picks in 2000 because Brady wasn't thier first 6th rd pick DB Antwan Harris was..

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    No different than any other team's "way." They just happen to have Tom Brady.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is a complete crock of sh*t.

    Good job of making it sound like the Patsies actually KNEW what they were getting.

    The fact is, they were looking for a 2nd stringer to put behind Drew Bledsoe.

    So talking to the coach and trying to make it sound like they were smarter than any other team is a complete dingbat statement on your part. If they really knew what they were getting, they would have selected him in the first round.

    They lucked the f*ck out, THAT's the point.
    Of course they had no idea what Brady would turn out to be when they drafted him. But it's totally ignorant to say they simply "lucked out" and not give credit to Weiss and the rest of the Pats' coaching staff for developing him and surrounding him with an offensive system and surrounding cast that allowed him to succeed. Who knows what he would have become if he had been drafted by another team. Can you imagine what the Jets would have done to him?

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nfl.com joins in the bashing of the Jets -- for their quarterback fumbling. Much more important than their beloved Patriocheats harboring a serial murderer for four years and giving him a 41 million dollar contract extension...

    Love their Patriots, they do..... almost as much as ESPatsN
    Could you imagine if a Jets player like Cro or Santonio Holmes was arrested and charged with murder? OMFG the losers on sports radio and ESPN would be screaming for Rex and Idzik to get fired the next day and for the Jets franchise to be contracted.

    Instead I actually heard this inept douche Adam Schein praise the Pasts for their handling of the Aaron Hernandez situation. Are you f'n kidding me? Oh and I also love the lovefest on WFAN "the Patriots should be cap penalized for cutting Hernandez" what a bunch of crap.

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Of course they had no idea what Brady would turn out to be when they drafted him. But it's totally ignorant to say they simply "lucked out" and not give credit to Weiss and the rest of the Pats' coaching staff for developing him and surrounding him with an offensive system and surrounding cast that allowed him to succeed. Who knows what he would have become if he had been drafted by another team. Can you imagine what the Jets would have done to him?
    What great offensive cast did they surround him with in the Bowl winning seasons?? Corey Dillon is the only one that I can think of??

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    What great offensive cast did they surround him with in the Bowl winning seasons?? Corey Dillon is the only one that I can think of??
    I was thinking more of post-2006, but prior to that he had a QB-friendly system to develop in and a solid O-line.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is a complete crock of sh*t.

    Good job of making it sound like the Patsies actually KNEW what they were getting.

    The fact is, they were looking for a 2nd stringer to put behind Drew Bledsoe.

    So talking to the coach and trying to make it sound like they were smarter than any other team is a complete dingbat statement on your part. If they really knew what they were getting, they would have selected him in the first round.

    They lucked the f*ck out, THAT's the point.
    You are 100% correct. NFLN's America's Game on 2001 Pats reaffirms your post. Brady began the year as the 3rd stringer. The season before he completed only one pass according to the broadcast. Most Pats players and fans still were in favor of Bledsoe starting upon his return from the Mo Lewis injury. Once again, according to the America's Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Good thing the Pats had 3 6th rd picks in 2000 because Brady wasn't thier first 6th rd pick DB Antwan Harris was..
    LMAO. Don't you love how some like to rewrite history.

    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    No different than any other team's "way." They just happen to have Tom Brady.
    Agree, but according to Bruschi, Harrison, the media, etc., they do things differently up in Foxboro (can you say Spygate, serial murderer, drugs, cheating, etc). They do it the "Patriot Way."

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    You are 100% correct. NFLN's America's Game on 2001 Pats reaffirms your post. Brady began the year as the 3rd stringer. The season before he completed only one pass according to the broadcast. Most Pats players and fans still were in favor of Bledsoe starting upon his return from the Mo Lewis injury. Once again, according to the America's Game.



    LMAO. Don't you love how some like to rewrite history.



    Agree, but according to Bruschi, Harrison, the media, etc., they do things differently up in Foxboro (can you say Spygate, serial murderer, drugs, cheating, etc). They do it the "Patriot Way."
    Don't get me started on the New EnglandSPN. That channel everyone has their tongues up every Boston team's ass and it's gotten worse in recent yrs.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Of course they had no idea what Brady would turn out to be when they drafted him. But it's totally ignorant to say they simply "lucked out" and not give credit to Weiss and the rest of the Pats' coaching staff for developing him and surrounding him with an offensive system and surrounding cast that allowed him to succeed. Who knows what he would have become if he had been drafted by another team. Can you imagine what the Jets would have done to him?
    You must be f*cking Patsfan1960? Why else would you try to defend a very clearly idiotic statement with more stupid sh*t of your own?

    The level of ignorance on the part of you two mystifies me.

    This is clearly damage control trying to say Weiss was so much smarter than everyone else and actually KNEW that he would be bringing out greatness in their 6th round QB.

    ANY team would have known shortly after drafting seeing him play in preseason games what they were getting. In fact, it's quite suspect on the part of BB that it took him an entire season and then had to see Bledsoe get knocked into the following week to know what he had in Brady.

    You must have a brain the size of a pea.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You must be f*cking Patsfan1960? Why else would you try to defend a very clearly idiotic statement with more stupid sh*t of your own?

    The level of ignorance on the part of you two mystifies me.

    This is clearly damage control trying to say Weiss was so much smarter than everyone else and actually KNEW that he would be bringing out greatness in their 6th round QB.

    ANY team would have known shortly after drafting seeing him play in preseason games what they were getting. In fact, it's quite suspect on the part of BB that it took him an entire season and then had to see Bledsoe get knocked into the following week to know what he had in Brady.

    You must have a brain the size of a pea.
    Wow, nice reading comprehension. I didn't say Weiss or Belichick were smarter than anyone else for what they saw him in, I said they deserve credit for developing him once they saw his potential. Some of you act like Brady is just some wind-up toy they put on the field from Day One and was instantly awesome without any effort from the coaching staff. That's absurd. That's like assuming Rodgers was always going to be awesome and giving McCarthy and his staff zero credit for his development. There's no guarantee Brady becomes "Brady" if he's drafted by some random team. The Jets would have probably ruined him.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wow, nice reading comprehension. I didn't say Weiss or Belichick were smarter than anyone else for what they saw him in, I said they deserve credit for developing him once they saw his potential. Some of you act like Brady is just some wind-up toy they put on the field from Day One and was instantly awesome without any effort from the coaching staff. That's absurd. That's like assuming Rodgers was always going to be awesome and giving McCarthy and his staff zero credit for his development. There's no guarantee Brady becomes "Brady" if he's drafted by some random team. The Jets would have probably ruined him.
    And you know this HOW?

  20. #60
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume the cheaters in Foxboro will be cutting Alfonso Denard any day now, you know because he's a criminal
    and that doesn't jive with the "patriots way"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us