Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Patriot" Way..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I was guessing Roger Vick until now. Then again, I always guess Roger Vick. Sometimes Im right, sometimes Im wrong.
    Its that pool of perma banned nitwits.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Is this another Pat fan apology thread?

If so I apologize.

If not I apologize.
    It's not.. But I accept your apology anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Huh?
    Huh my azz? We know who ou really are, troll.

I think this myth started when Randy Moss was on the cusp of being an also ran... He came to NE and had a great season with Tom Brady.. Thus the Patriot Way..

And if a thug like Moss could do it then any scumbag could just join the Pats and just be that type of character player...

Cough: I mean if they wanted that type of player why would they even take a chance on Hernandez..

If all the other teams let him fall three rounds because of being a punk scumbag why would the beyond fabulous "Patriots" with their bogus "Patriot Way" take him??

It's like BB will talk to him and show him the light and he will be an alter boy..

What a poser team.. POSER!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    On ESPN radio the other day they played a sound byte they got from Hernandez right after he got that $40 million contract. Basically he said that he has changed his ways to the "Belichick way" and then mentioned the "Patriot way" as well. If it's a media creation why would a player say that?
    The "Patriot way" was coined when Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Willie McGinest, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Rodney Harrison & Adam Vinatieri were there.

They used to say it in player interviews with regularity and as a result, the media latched on to it.

Bare in mind this is when the Pats were in there heyday and won 3 superbowls in 4 years. Everybody believed the Patriots did things differently then other teams and thought that was why they were so successful.

The reality is the Pats had a great group of core players in that time period (some of which were mentioned above) not to mention Tom Brady at his peak, which are the main reasons they were so successful, not because of any "Patriot Way".

The funny thing - at least to me - is that the Patriots have not won a superbowl (and have actually lost 2) since Adam Vinatieri left. Conversely, Vinatieri signed with the Colts and proceeded to win another ring with that franchise. I don't think there has ever been a kicker in the history of the NFL that was such an integral (and very overlooked) part of a team's success.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-30-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Patriot Way

Formerly 'more holier than thou'

Lately 'more homicidal than thou'

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    (1) Have the monumental good fortune to draft Tom Brady in the sixth round;
    The Pats were the only team to even talk to his college HC, were the only team that even considered drafting him and then did. That alone puts to rest the luck theory, other than the fact they were lucky that everyone else was so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats were the only team to even talk to his college HC, were the only team that even considered drafting him and then did. That alone puts to rest the luck theory, other than the fact they were lucky that everyone else was so stupid.
    While a great QB unfortunately he never won a "legit" SB so therefore he will be remembered by me with the likes of Dan Marino.... But most certainly not Joe Montana.. Unless, of course, He can win a SB or two before he retires.. Without cheating of course..

He just can't seem to do it can he??

Just needs edge don't he??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    The funny thing - at least to me - is that the Patriots have not won a superbowl (and have actually lost 2) since Adam Vinatieri left. Conversely, Vinatieri signed with the Colts and proceeded to win another ring with that franchise. I don't think there has ever been a kicker in the history of the NFL that was such an integral (and very overlooked) part of a team's success.
    I don't think there's another kicker in NFL history who's made more clutch kicks than Vinatieri. Jan Stenerud, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Brack View Post
    The Patriot Way

Formerly 'more holier than thou'

Lately 'more homicidal than thou'
    Perfectly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    I don't go on Patsfan.com too much.. In fact hardly at all.. But this story I had to get the perspective..

Lots of damage control for the "Patriot" way..

Now it seems they didn't make it up.. the media did..

As if Kraft never mentioned it.. The media made him do it..
    The most disturbing thing about this whole Hernandez saga to me were the Patriots being hailed as heroes for cutting him before he was even arrested. You cant even make this stuff up. If Hernandez was on any of the other 31 teams I guess he would have been given another contract extension, and promoted to team captain!

If Hernandez was on any other team in this situation, I guaranteed they also would have cut him even if every single member of their front office was medically brain dead. Only difference is they wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st place and given him a 50M contract extension. In the Pats defense I guess there werent really any warning signs with him besides the gang ties, blow up at Welker, and shooting someone in the face in February.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    The most disturbing thing about this whole Hernandez saga to me were the Patriots being hailed as heroes for cutting him before he was even arrested.
    They didn't.

You cant even make this stuff up.
    You just did!

If Hernandez was on any of the other 31 teams I guess he would have been given another contract extension, and promoted to team captain!

If Hernandez was on any other team in this situation, I guaranteed they also would have cut him even if every single member of their front office was medically brain dead. Only difference is they wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st place and given him a 50M contract extension. In the Pats defense I guess there werent really any warning signs with him besides the gang ties, blow up at Welker, and shooting someone in the face in February.
    If proof comes out that the Pats had direct knowledge of Hernandez' involvement in the Florida shooting - which the cops didn't even have - then I promise to never post again here.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 06-30-2013 at 01:19 AM.

The most disturbing thing about this whole Hernandez saga to me were the Patriots being hailed as heroes for cutting him before he was even arrested. You cant even make this stuff up. If Hernandez was on any of the other 31 teams I guess he would have been given another contract extension, and promoted to team captain!

I am surprised the city of Boston hasn't given them a parade for cutting him...

What brilliance..

What intestinal fortitude..

What guts!!!

Cut a guy who never has a chance to play again??

Brilliance... That's Billy B for you..

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    As far as I can tell, the "Patriot Way" is consistent with the way the rest of the teams in the NFL run themselves, except for the following unique elements:

(1) Have the monumental good fortune to draft Tom Brady in the sixth round;

(2) supplement Brady's gifts by cheating on an unprecedented level until you get caught; and

(3) never win another championship after getting caught cheating and being forced to play by the rules like everybody else.

Sigworthy...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If proof comes out that the Pats had direct knowledge of Hernandez' involvement in the Florida shooting - which the cops didn't even have - then I promise to never post again here.
    Can you just leave anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Can you just leave anyway?
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The most disturbing thing about this whole Hernandez saga to me were the Patriots being hailed as heroes for cutting him before he was even arrested. You cant even make this stuff up.
    Who has hailed the Pats for cutting him? I haven't seen the Pats hailed in any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Who has hailed the Pats for cutting him? I haven't seen the Pats hailed in any of this.
    Evidently you do not listen to espn in the morning ... Which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    +1
    +2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    +2
    +3

Sadly, the only hope for ridding JI of AS$ is if he gets VinnyGronkGuido'd out

But even that means he shows up three days later as Reincarcerated A$$.

The Raid people only make a product for cockroaches but the even worse insects. Chowds, appear to be resistant