Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtics / Nets trade....thoughts?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics / Nets trade....thoughts?

How are Nets fans feeling about this trade?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think for the Celtics they knew it was going to be hard to get KG to waive his no trade clause for certain teams, packaging Pierce with KG made it an easy decision for KG to waive his no trade clause. The package they received is only dependent on what the picks turn into, next years pick will most likely be in the 20s. 2016 and 2018 could be lottery picks. They arent getting any player of substance back.

For the Nets they were locked into their roster for at least 3 years. (length of JJ and Wallace's contract) This actually helps them clear space possibly a year sooner while giving them a better team for the next 2 years. A team that if the pieces gel can be the second best team in the East. Miami is vulnerable (as we saw this year) because Wade looks done, but they are still the clear favorites.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it. For the Celtics.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JKidd trying to coach KG and Pierce, while DWill is dribbling around and jackin up 3s. Good thing they got rid of crash...his reckless style likely could end kg or pierces career.

As a Knicks fan, I hate this trade. It's terrible for the Nets and great for the Cs. Paying through the ass in future considerations for limited short term gain, while Lebron is currently ****ting on the league.

This unfortunately sets the Cs up well for a run in 2018-2025ish, when Lebron starts to age and Dwade is retired due to his body breaking down.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to make the Bobby Bonilla signing not the worst move in the history of NY sports.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate it.

Anything that is a distraction from all media focusing in on the "Patriot Way" gets my scorn. The AH case deserves MAXIMUM media scrutiny. So does the cheating, scandal-plagued, rogue criminal enterprsie known as the NE Patriots.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Anything that is a distraction from all media focusing in on the "Patriot Way" gets my scorn. The AH case deserves MAXIMUM media scrutiny. So does the cheating, scandal-plagued, rogue criminal enterprsie known as the NE Patriots.
    You should go outside and get some air.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You should go outside and get some air.
    Hey troll, you should wash your sack to get rid of that smell penetrating through your clothes. It's awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really just dont understand trades in the nba.

Just watching the draft last night were players get picked and immediately traded away left me thinking, what the hell is going on here?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the trade. Any Net fan would be crazy not to love this trade. We still have the big three. I just didn't like the fact that we gave up Marshon Brooks instead of Reggie Evans. KG and PP bring the toughness and defense this team was lacking against the Bulls in the playoffs. Celtics had to be out of their minds taking the Gerald Wallace contract off our hands.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worst trade in NETS history. We are already in limbo the next two years now we dont even have the draft picks to build round Lopez. KG is like 39 and will not be good at PF anymore. He is a 20 min a game guy that will not be able to G any good PF in this league. He will be the 3rd or 4th option and has 2 years of average play left at best. The only thing good about that is Wallace was even more worthless and equally over paid. Pierce is just done. Cant say it any better. Yeah better then what we had but still we didnt have a whole lot. This is the equivalent to the JETS trading for Farve during a rebuild year. Either way you look at it this team as is will be crap for at least 2 years. Great trade for Boston.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    KG is old and just about washed up, Pierce is right behind. Celtics are the winners here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Trade for the Nets ... It gives them a 2 Year window for a Championship run ... And in 2016 you'll have KG and PP and Terry and Joe Johnson off the Books too go after 2 Max Players Durant and Blake Griffin...

Those picks too Boston will be Crap outside the Lottery... Prokorhov makes Dolan seem Frugal with the Cap. Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good trade for both teams. Nets get a year or two to make a legit playoff run. C's, at the price of taking Wallace's contract, get to hit the reset button, dump 3 decrepit veterans, and hope that the latter two #1's from the Nets are after their window has closed and in the lottery.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great trade for both teams and as a Nets fan I can't wait till the season starts. Much more excited for the start of the Nets season than the start of the Jets season. That is if Mark Sanchez is still the starting QB come week one!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I love the trade. Any Net fan would be crazy not to love this trade. We still have the big three. I just didn't like the fact that we gave up Marshon Brooks instead of Reggie Evans. KG and PP bring the toughness and defense this team was lacking against the Bulls in the playoffs. Celtics had to be out of their minds taking the Gerald Wallace contract off our hands.
    This anyone saying anything else is just hating (knicks fans )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing for sure it will put some butts in all those seats at the Barkley arena.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They might even sell out a game not involving the Knicks and attended by !
    11000 Knick fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    One thing for sure it will put some butts in all those seats at the Barkley arena.
    Not necessarily but it will make the Nets a better team next year. Pierce is done but Garnett still has another year left in him and unlike Deron Williams he is a leader. I would have liked the Knicks to make this type of a move but unfortunately KG and Melo will never be able to play together.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    KG still brings the defensive intensity, but Pierce is pretty much done in that regard IMO. He's incredibly slow at this point and was getting effectively guarded by 6'1" point guards in the Knicks series, for example. That being said, I like this trade a lot for both teams. The Nets were pretty much strapped with their cap situation for the next couple seasons and this trade definitely makes them better. KG should be a great complement to Lopez in the paint. I certainly think the Nets made the leap to second best team in the East.