Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-visiting Belichick's draft history

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    For years, many of us have killed Belichick's draft history and only recently have pats fans come to his defense pointing to two amazing draft picks. Gronk and Hernandez. Now that we see why teams passed on Hernandez and why some teams probably passed on Gronk, is it safe to destroy belichick once again for being an awful draft evaluator?
    I have posted numerous times that Belicheat is nothing but a fraud. He struck gold with Tammy. If not, this fraud would've been out of football a decade ago. Keep in mind how many picks this cheating prick had acquired the past several years and you can give him a solid "F" for his drafts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much debate about a guy who will never play another down. Jesus this place gets testy during the offseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I have posted numerous times that Belicheat is nothing but a fraud. He struck gold with Tammy. If not, this fraud would've been out of football a decade ago. Keep in mind how many picks this cheating prick had acquired the past several years and you can give him a solid "F" for his drafts.
    And it has to be said - when parsing Belichick from Tom Brady - that Belichick already had a long history of being a mediocre head coach who couldn't win the big game. He became a 'genius' when Brady arrived.

Most of the real great coaches were considered great coaches from the get-go - so despite the Pats accomplishments I have a hard time seeing Belichick as responsible for so much of it. I put more - much more - on Brady's resume.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LINK?

Any media source will be fine.
    It was said on Mike and Mike just yesterday. Go get a rebroadcast on their website.

But besides, the onus is not on me to prove that 31 other teams passed on him, the onus is on you to prove that they all had him on their draft boards.

You're trying to defend the Patsies here and save face. I'm a Jets fan. I don't have to defend my team. My team didn't draft a gangbanging POS like Hernandez. My team doesn't boast bull sh*t like the Patriot Way and how it is so much better than every other organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And it has to be said - when parsing Belichick from Tom Brady - that Belichick already had a long history of being a mediocre head coach who couldn't win the big game. He became a 'genius' when Brady arrived.

Most of the real great coaches were considered great coaches from the get-go - so despite the Pats accomplishments I have a hard time seeing Belichick as responsible for so much of it. I put more - much more - on Brady's resume.
    Exactly. Let's not forget the circus Belicheat had up in Cleveland -- a total disaster. Also, let's not rewrite history. The genius had Tammy riding the bench. He was forced to start him thanks to Mo Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It was said on Mike and Mike just yesterday. Go get a rebroadcast on their website.

But besides, the onus is not on me to prove that 31 other teams passed on him, the onus is on you to prove that they all had him on their draft boards.

You're trying to defend the Patsies here and save face. I'm a Jets fan. I don't have to defend my team. My team didn't draft a gangbanging POS like Hernandez. My team doesn't boast bull sh*t like the Patriot Way and how it is so much better than every other organization.
    +1

Well said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hit hit the biggest grand slam of all-time in Brady and that has covered up for a lot of misses.

I still think Gronk was an excellent pick and two weeks ago I thought Hernandez was an excellent pick. I think Wilfork was a great pick as well as some of the OL they have picked over the years. Other than that, there isn't much to write home about.
    Lol he can't get credit for picking brady in 6th round that's a dumb luck once in a century miracle.. It's like the dodgers picking mike piazza is the 109 th round or whatever lol..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    the onus is not on me to prove that 31 other teams passed on him, the onus is on you to prove that they all had him on their draft boards.
    You said all 31 team had him COMPLETELY OFF the draft board.

I didn't make the statement, you did.

I'm simply asking you to prove that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    My team doesn't boast bull sh*t like how it is so much better than every other organization.
    How could it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the thread where jealous jet fans bash a guy who wins the division every year and mops the floor with us?

This fanbase is pathetic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom Brady missed 15 games and he took a guy who never started in college and won 11 games. More games then we did that year.

I might have to take a vaca from tis board. The patriot envy by sad jet fans is embarassing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Do you have any children? Sometimes a child will stray from the right path despite the best efforts of good parents. The Pats organization may or may not have contributed to Hernandez's downfall, but the statement you made is baseless.
    Exhibit A:

It's now been widely reported that Hernandez blew up at Welker for refusing to help him figure out how to work the video equipment. Part of "The Patriot Way" myth has been about how Patriots put team before individual. So, was Welker's behavior part of that "teamness?" Certainly doesn't seem that way.

Matt Light is now saying that Hernandez never really got with the program and was not well respected by others because of his immaturity and questionable off-field behavior. Have you heard any stories of "come to Jesus" interventions to try to save Hernandez from himself?

My take on it is that Hernandez was a beast on the field, and nobody on the team liked him off the field, so they avoided him, leaving him to his self-destructive ways. Perhaps Patriots management was so taken with their own press clippings that they managed to convince themselves otherwise when they gave Hernandez the mega-contract.

So much for "The Patriot Way."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Sorry, one more thing:

"The Patriot Way," as a concept, is no different than the "Play like a Jet" gimmick that Ryan tries to use. It's a motivational tactic to give a group of individuals a shared identity. Something they should already have from wearing the same uniform, but we're talking about millionaires of questionable maturity playing a game for a living, so sometimes it takes a bit more work.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Having Tom Brady makes it easy to forget all the other failures. Belichick is supposedly a defensive guru and yet his defenses have been the reason why they haven't been able to win a super bowl in recent memory.
    The inadequate supporting cast and defense is all on belichick. I don't care how close they have come. No one cares that the jets recently made it to two afccg's.
    Taking chances on guys like moss, haynesworth, Hernandez is a sign of desperation from a coach with a losing record without Brady. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired when Brady retires.
    This 100%, face it, if not for Brady the Pats would still be the same team they were 20 years ago. Struggling and middle of the road NFL team. Bill Belicheck would now be a semi successful defensive coordinator or the head coach of a small to medium college program. While the Pats have drafted no better or worst then most other NFL teams, it struck a gold mine when then picked Brady.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tom Brady missed 15 games and he took a guy who never started in college and won 11 games. More games then we did that year.

I might have to take a vaca from tis board. The patriot envy by sad jet fans is embarassing.
    What is sad are your constant embarrassing posts. WTF are you even here? Go post on Patsfags.com with the rest of the NE trolls.

Yes, please do us all a favor and take a vacation -- a very long one, like eternity (don't come back)!! Jet fans like you make me want to vomit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is sad are your constant embarrassing posts. WTF are you even here? Go post on Patsfags.com with the rest of the NE trolls.

Yes, please do us all a favor and take a vacation -- a very long one, like eternity (don't come back)!! Jet fans like you make me want to vomit.
    Ok. you go ahead and rip the pats and bellichek as they win and win and win every single year. Your a real genius.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ation/2443091/

Here a link about ONE gm who DID NOT remove AH from his board, therefore, ipso facto, all 31 teams did not remove him.

Suck it Maine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. you go ahead and rip the pats and bellichek as they win and win and win every single year. Your a real genius.
    If you mean, "you are a genius rather than "your"..... Also genius, last time I checked, Pats haven't won in a decade.

But let us know when you pull Kraft, Belicheat and Tammy's balls out of your mouth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And Rex did more with Mark Sanchez.. Guess you think Rex is Lombardi. Btw, that team that won 11 games won 16'the year before

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cold hard fact. Belichick has a career LOSING record without Brady

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Cold hard fact. Belichick has a career LOSING record without Brady
    Cold hard fact. Belichick has a career WINNING record without Kosar.