Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 147

Thread: Re-visiting Belichick's draft history

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this jackass masquerading as a "genius" HC is gonna pick about 3 or 4 TE's next draft.


  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***won*** three*** (tainted by the most heinous cheating in the history of sports)***superbowls

    Belichick's legacy=Eddie Cicotte's legacy= Rosie Ruiz' legacy=Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis' legacies equal ALL the rest of the dishonored cheaters in sport's legacies
    Last edited by sg3; 06-29-2013 at 09:08 AM.

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichicken's "Victories" mean about as much as Lance Armstrong's

    FACT!

  4. #104
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kildare, Ireland
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total
    Hatred
    Unrepentants
    Generate
    Leaguewide
    Illegally
    Filming
    Everything

    THUGLIFE ... The Patriot Way

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    How does that make any sense?

    He has already won 3 Super Bowls with Brady.

    How many Super Bowls did Don Shula (top 5 coach) and Dan Marino (top 5 QB) win with each other?

    I nearly lose my mind when I hear someone try to criticize someone who's won 3 Super Bowls for not having won "recently."

    He really should have won more. Because there's no competition for Super Bowls, and so many people have 3 that he really needs that 4th to distinguish himself.

    I'll go back to Shula for a second. He coached the final 22 seasons of his career without winning another Super Bowl. So what? He already had 2 and continued to enjoy tremendous regular season success for the rest of his career, throwing in a pair of additional Super Bowl appearances.


    Any attempt to diminish Belichick's legacy is absurd. He's already in the pantheon of NFL coaches, regardless of what he does for the rest of his career.

    If you want to focus in on his drafting in some vain attempt to expose a supposed fault, then give me the people that have done a better job. You'll get 6 or 7 names and that will be it. He's an overrated drafter, but only because some members of the media try to make him out to be the best at it.
    Lets go back to Shula.

    He won with completely different teams. Went to SBs with Griese, Woodley and Marino as his QBs. Run first teams, balanced teams and chuck it downfield teams.

    Thats why he is revered the way he is.

    And not one single game is scrutinized because of a cheating scandal. Not a single game, never mind every single SB he won. No one doubts the validity of any of his wins. And outside of one single player the rest of his coaching career isn't a complete and utter failure.

    He cheated his way into the position he's in, thats the legacy he created, not ours.

  6. #106
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Belichick Might Have Drafted a Murderer: Is His Legacy Tainted?
    June 26, 2013 4:33 pm EDT by Devin O'Barr

    Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports A hooded sweatshirt and a crooked smile can only hide so much. In the case of Bill Belichick, a few headlines that we have recently swept under the rug are starting to rear their ugly heads. The New England



    Patriots‘ head coach is in trouble of having his highly-touted legacy tarnished forever. For years, Belichick has been heralded as an NFL guru, but since “Spygate” the Pats’ frontman only has put egg on his face.

    I understand that Aaron Hernandez is responsible for himself. However, Belichick should be blamed for bringing in a man who is apparently gruesome enough to take someone else’s life — Hernandez was charged with murder on Wednesday. If you’re going to commend New England for snagging Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft, then it’s only fair to hammer them for drafting Hernandez in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
    So, stop babying the Pats and giving Belichick a pass simply because he won back-to-back Super Bowls over a decade ago.

    Right now, the troubling facts are starting to overshadow the coach’s witty and unconventional coaching style. For example, the aforementioned Spygate scandal passed over Foxborough without as much as a slap on the wrist and now the Pats’ coach is getting left off of the hook in terms of Hernandez.
    Feel free to grill Hernandez for his actions, but don’t let Patriots management ride its high horse without calling Belichick out for his lack of judgement.

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    10,762
    Post Thanks / Like

    McLovin it!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Bill Belichick Might Have Drafted a Murderer: Is His Legacy Tainted?
    June 26, 2013 4:33 pm EDT by Devin O'Barr

    Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports A hooded sweatshirt and a crooked smile can only hide so much. In the case of Bill Belichick, a few headlines that we have recently swept under the rug are starting to rear their ugly heads. The New England



    Patriots‘ head coach is in trouble of having his highly-touted legacy tarnished forever. For years, Belichick has been heralded as an NFL guru, but since “Spygate” the Pats’ frontman only has put egg on his face.

    I understand that Aaron Hernandez is responsible for himself. However, Belichick should be blamed for bringing in a man who is apparently gruesome enough to take someone else’s life — Hernandez was charged with murder on Wednesday. If you’re going to commend New England for snagging Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft, then it’s only fair to hammer them for drafting Hernandez in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
    So, stop babying the Pats and giving Belichick a pass simply because he won back-to-back Super Bowls over a decade ago.

    Right now, the troubling facts are starting to overshadow the coach’s witty and unconventional coaching style. For example, the aforementioned Spygate scandal passed over Foxborough without as much as a slap on the wrist and now the Pats’ coach is getting left off of the hook in terms of Hernandez.
    Feel free to grill Hernandez for his actions, but don’t let Patriots management ride its high horse without calling Belichick out for his lack of judgement.
    And GOD he just oozes Douchebag. Everything about him

  8. #108
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Belicheck hasn't won in 8 years even with Brady in his prime. So I guess he would be one of those examples.
    Not to contradict you, as you are a damn good poster, but it will be 9 years assuming the pats win the SB next Feb. A decade between championship -- and 3 tainted championships at that -- hardly makes Belicheat a genius. More like a FRAUD.

  9. #109
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And GOD he just oozes Douchebag. Everything about him
    From his HC days in Cleveland, stealing Hess's bonus money with the Jets, walking out on his Jet HC on the day of his presser for money and control in NE, Spygate, screwing with his friends wife, the nonsensical tampering charge with Branch, etc.

  10. #110
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Bill Belichick Might Have Drafted a Murderer: Is His Legacy Tainted?
    June 26, 2013 4:33 pm EDT by Devin O'Barr

    Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports A hooded sweatshirt and a crooked smile can only hide so much. In the case of Bill Belichick, a few headlines that we have recently swept under the rug are starting to rear their ugly heads. The New England



    Patriots‘ head coach is in trouble of having his highly-touted legacy tarnished forever. For years, Belichick has been heralded as an NFL guru, but since “Spygate” the Pats’ frontman only has put egg on his face.

    I understand that Aaron Hernandez is responsible for himself. However, Belichick should be blamed for bringing in a man who is apparently gruesome enough to take someone else’s life — Hernandez was charged with murder on Wednesday. If you’re going to commend New England for snagging Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft, then it’s only fair to hammer them for drafting Hernandez in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
    So, stop babying the Pats and giving Belichick a pass simply because he won back-to-back Super Bowls over a decade ago.

    Right now, the troubling facts are starting to overshadow the coach’s witty and unconventional coaching style. For example, the aforementioned Spygate scandal passed over Foxborough without as much as a slap on the wrist and now the Pats’ coach is getting left off of the hook in terms of Hernandez.
    Feel free to grill Hernandez for his actions, but don’t let Patriots management ride its high horse without calling Belichick out for his lack of judgement.
    FINALLY!!!! Someone in the press is taking this fraud ang the Patriot Way to task. That's all some of us have been crying for the past week and a half much to the disdain of the NE trolls. Thanks Jet Nut for sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And GOD he just oozes Douchebag. Everything about him
    +1,000,000. He's a real scumbag.

  11. #111
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    first ballot HOF lock.

    and everyone knows it.

  12. #112
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    first ballot HOF lock.

    and everyone knows it.
    Belichick's Record as a HC before Brady takes over in 2001:
    42-58

    If he didn't luckout with a 6th round draft pick he's fired in 2001.

  13. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    first ballot HOF lock.

    and everyone knows it.
    Hitler was a first ballot Chancellor lock too....in the late 1930s


    identical personalities too

  14. #114
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Lets go back to Shula.

    He won with completely different teams. Went to SBs with Griese, Woodley and Marino as his QBs. Run first teams, balanced teams and chuck it downfield teams.

    Thats why he is revered the way he is.

    And not one single game is scrutinized because of a cheating scandal. Not a single game, never mind every single SB he won. No one doubts the validity of any of his wins. And outside of one single player the rest of his coaching career isn't a complete and utter failure.

    He cheated his way into the position he's in, thats the legacy he created, not ours.

    Here's the difference between Belichick and Shula; Shula didn't have an ex-NFL head coach around that was worried about his team's legacy and decided to come forward to taint his team's accomplishment. Belichick did have that, and his name was Don Shula.

    This of course brings up an interesting question. Which is worse?
    A - Breaking the rules to get a HOF HC two years before going undefeated.
    B - Breaking the rules to film coaches signals from the wrong place before going undefeated?
    * Both teams were fined a 1st round pick and cash.

  15. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Here's the difference between Belichick and Shula; Shula didn't have an ex-NFL head coach around that was worried about his team's legacy and decided to come forward to taint his team's accomplishment. Belichick did have that, and his name was Don Shula.

    This of course brings up an interesting question. Which is worse?
    A - Breaking the rules to get a HOF HC two years before going undefeated.
    B - Breaking the rules to film coaches signals from the wrong place before going undefeated?
    * Both teams were fined a 1st round pick and cash.

    Which year was it that Cheating Scumbagchick went "undefeated"???

    I cant find such a season except on some tee shirts currently being worn by Nicaraguan orphans

  16. #116
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Here's the difference between Belichick and Shula; Shula didn't have an ex-NFL head coach around that was worried about his team's legacy and decided to come forward to taint his team's accomplishment. Belichick did have that, and his name was Don Shula.

    This of course brings up an interesting question. Which is worse?
    A - Breaking the rules to get a HOF HC two years before going undefeated.
    B - Breaking the rules to film coaches signals from the wrong place before going undefeated?

    * Both teams were fined a 1st round pick and cash.
    Given that not only was Belichick cheating with the Pats and he only became HC of the Pats because they broke the rules and hired him illegally while employed by the Jets, not seeing your point. Its a pointless argument and not really interesting other than to try and water down the cheating that BB and the Pats org. has been guilty of.

    Never mind that Shula negotiated with the Fins while the 2 leagues were separate entities. What the fins did was totally legal. The tampering charges where BS, Rozelle still had a hardon for the AFL so when the leagues merged and the fins finalized the deal they were fined for tampering. Not quite what happened when Kraft contacted BB while he was employed by the Jets. But hey, whatever works for Pats fans.

  17. #117
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Given that not only was Belichick cheating with the Pats and he only became HC of the Pats because they broke the rules and hired him illegally while employed by the Jets, not seeing your point. Its a pointless argument and not really interesting other than to try and water down the cheating that BB and the Pats org. has been guilty of.

    Never mind that Shula negotiated with the Fins while the 2 leagues were separate entities. What the fins did was totally legal. The tampering charges where BS, Rozelle still had a hardon for the AFL so when the leagues merged and the fins finalized the deal they were fined for tampering. Not quite what happened when Kraft contacted BB while he was employed by the Jets. But hey, whatever works for Pats fans.
    I'm sure you just totally forgot about Parcells calling the Jets, from his hotel room paid by the Patriots, while he was suppose to be coaching the Patriots in the SB and employed by the Patriots.

  18. #118
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Belichick's Record as a HC before Brady takes over in 2001:
    42-58

    If he didn't luckout with a 6th round draft pick he's fired in 2001.
    Maybe. But he did.

    Owner of 5 Super Bowl rings.

    Hall of Fame first ballot lock.

    And everyone know it

  19. #119
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this jackass masquerading as a "genius" HC is gonna pick about 3 or 4 TE's next draft.

    Does Rutgers have 3 TEs coming out next year?

  20. #120
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Not to contradict you, as you are a damn good poster, but it will be 9 years assuming the pats win the SB next Feb. A decade between championship -- and 3 tainted championships at that -- hardly makes Belicheat a genius. More like a FRAUD.
    I stand corrected. Those championships were tainted by cheating, but back then Belicheck was only in charge of running the defense, where he belongs. Charlie Weis ran the offense for all their rings, and it was Pioli's, and the remnants of Parcell's team. Since Little Bill took over they have not won.

    SG3- He's talking about Shula's perfect season, but he forgets that his team illegally got their HC as well.

    #1Patsie- No one around hear said Parcells was a good upstanding man. He's only out for himself, but he's a better man than Little Bill, a hell of a better HC, and he's a normal human being that lives above ground. He's no longer here btw, and neither is that owner.

    FF2- There are a lot of people in the HOF that shouldn't be. You for instance, at JI.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us