Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Former teammate: Sanchez “dumb while being dumb”

All Pro
    They had to dig deep for this one. Erik Ainge, seriously? GMAFB.

Veteran
    Face it gang,

We'd all be happier if our QB was
    reknowned for @ss dimple
    instead of buttfumble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Crystal clear his biggest issue is maturity, successful QB's just don't get caught out being a total prick as often as Sanchez does.

His immaturity translates onto the field.
    It's his accuracy. His work ethic, intelligence and off the field behavior are non-factors. They're actually pluses to be honest. He doesn't get into trouble and works as hard as any player we have. He doesn't get the ball to where it needs to go, that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It's his accuracy. His work ethic, intelligence and off the field behavior are non-factors. They're actually pluses to be honest. He doesn't get into trouble and works as hard as any player we have. He doesn't get the ball to where it needs to go, that's the issue.
    Its not just his accuracy, he makes bonehead plays.. How do you know he works hard? Because he is rumored to leave complex late? Maybe he is there twittering the next hot celeb he is dreaming of dating.. Any slow kid can sit and how with a book in his face for hours but not learn a thing because he is day dreaming about the new Xbox game he was promised for studying hard. Aka " trying" whatever mark is doing, it's not working.. It's too bad their is no special Ed that can help him..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    How do you know he works hard?
    Are you kidding? Countless reports and direct quotes for years now document that he has a strong work ethic. He organizes, and on his own dime, flies all the skill players across the country to participate in a camp. He's worked with Pennington and Garcia to help him learn the offensive systems.

There's no lack of effort, he just doesn't get the ball to where it needs to go when it needs to be there. Lack of accuracy.

Hall Of Fame
    Are you kidding? Countless reports and direct quotes for years now document that he has a strong work ethic. He organizes, and on his own dime, flies all the skill players across the country to participate in a camp. He's worked with Pennington and Garcia to help him learn the offensive systems.

There's no lack of effort, he just doesn't get the ball to where it needs to go when it needs to be there. Lack of accuracy.
    + 1

Fans outraged by the Sanchez pics with a couple of chics, get a damn clue.

You obviously don't know your team's history, Joe Namath was a regular pimp daddy.

I have no issue with Sanchez having a little fun, as long as it isn't illegal, what he does on his own time, none of our business. It's a shame social media has turned fans into whinos, and has destroyed the private lives of professional athletes.

As long as he performs on the field, all that matters.

Oh and Eric Ainge, STFU, you drank and doped your way out of the league you tool!!!!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-28-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Lol come on ! It's way more than that.. He still can't read a defense why? Hasn't he studied hard about " how to read a defense?" He drops the ball like a rook, is was he doing his own fumble drill before David lee invented it? I judge him in how he plays on Sunday, he looks like someone who doesn't study, or doesn't know how to study/prepare/ improve/learn.. To me it's same thing..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    + 1

You obviously don't know your team's history, Joe Namath was a regular pimp daddy.

I have no issue with Sanchez having a little fun, as long as it isn't illegal, what he does on his own time, none of our business. It's a shame social media has turned fans into whinos, and has destroyed the private lives of professional athletes.

Oh and Eric Ainge, STFU, you drank and doped your way out of the league you tool!!!!
    The problem is that he DOESN'T perform on the field.

I agree that Sanchez isnt the guy who is lazy, and you can trust him to try but one thing Sanchez is NOT after 4 years in the league is a professional. No starting QB in the league gets in the spotlight for some of the unprofessional behavior that Sanchez does. It's hard to explain at this point how he still lets this kind of stuff get out in the media. Sherry Rhodes was able to keep his sexuality a secret for how many years? A part of being a professional athlete is being a role model and like it or not professionalism is part of the deal.

This isnt something to be outraged about but it is definitely not the behavior you want to see from the leader of the team and face of the franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Penguin View Post

I agree that Sanchez isnt the guy who is lazy, and you can trust him to try but one thing Sanchez is NOT after 4 years in the league is a professional. No starting QB in the league gets in the spotlight for some of the unprofessional behavior that Sanchez does. It's hard to explain at this point how he still lets this kind of stuff get out in the media. Sherry Rhodes was able to keep his sexuality a secret for how many years? A part of being a professional athlete is being a role model and like it or not professionalism is part of the deal.

This isnt something to be outraged about but it is definitely not the behavior you want to see from the leader of the team and face of the franchise.
    Right, he didn't perform last year, when he had street FA's playing with him at WR, TE, and at RB for most of the year, the only player who stayed healthy all year long was Greene. The offense was a joke because of coaching, the system deployed and an insistence to run a conservative attack despite lacking talent due to injuries up and down the offensive roster.

Sanchez struggled to, but a lot of it was due to the handicap he had with the players around him, he then lost his confidence.

He gets one more shot, and he has a legitimate offensive coordinator running the show, and a system he flourished in.

Many players and QB's have their warts. Sanchez is still a kid, people forget that. Eli Manning was photographed drunk and/or stoned with girls hanging off of him. Brady had a child with another woman when dating Giselle, Favre takes shots of his wanker, Ben Roethlisberger had his problems, as mentioned, there was little about Joe Namath that one could suggest he was an icon of professionalism.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    And now Eric Ainge is a reliable source?
    Didn't he leave the Jets because he couldn't stop using drugs?
    This. I don't know why these 20 year olds [Sanchez] think it is a good idea to publicize their private lives in the public domain -- youtube, twitter, facebook, etc. Not smart.

That said, he has done nothing wrong. The media's resources are better spent chasing down the AH story and circus up in NE. There's nothing her besides a former drug addict and failed NFL player trying to get some media attention at Sanchez's expense.

+ 1

Right, he didn't perform last year, when he had street FA's playing with him at WR, TE, and at RB for most of the year, the only player who stayed healthy all year long was Greene. The offense was a joke because of coaching, the system deployed and an insistence to run a conservative attack despite lacking talent due to injuries up and down the offensive roster.

Sanchez struggled to, but a lot of it was due to the handicap he had with the players around him, he then lost his confidence.

He gets one more shot, and he has a legitimate offensive coordinator running the show, and a system he flourished in.
    As usual, you nailed it bro.

Hall Of Fame

I don't personally care about his behavior, tbh.

As long as he's not raping anyone...

killing dogs...

murdering people...

or being an annoying, attention-wanting, spotlight-seeking douche...

I'm pretty well ok with whatever. JUST DON'T LET IT BE RECORDED AND PUT ON THE INTERNET, YOU STUPID NACHO!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't personally care about his behavior, tbh.

As long as he's not raping anyone...

killing dogs...

murdering people...

or being an annoying, attention-wanting, spotlight-seeking douche...

I'm pretty well ok with whatever. JUST DON'T LET IT BE RECORDED AND PUT ON THE INTERNET, YOU STUPID NACHO!
    RayRay...this is my point. You made some good ones and pointed out some good examples as well but you gotta be smarted than letting some golddigger record you and put you on blast on the internet. He makes himself a target for some of the dumbest shyt.......

oh FYI~~ it hasnt been one year that he has had issues, he has never really lived up to what we all hoped for, his accuracy issues are befuddling. Last year in my opinion he gets a mulligan because his coordinator was an idiot and he had no ballers but that was year 4....1, 2 and 3 weren't exactly sensational.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    in all honesty, the patriots are not in trouble, we are!
    Dude, you must be proud of being old, because you sure aren't proud of being a Jets fan.

First thing to go when your drunk is your "Judgement".

Might be just me but it kinda sounds like Sanchez is saying "no" on that close up.

Either way he's my hero for the week.

Hall Of Fame
    RayRay...this is my point. You made some good ones and pointed out some good examples as well but you gotta be smarted than letting some golddigger record you and put you on blast on the internet. He makes himself a target for some of the dumbest shyt.......

oh FYI~~ it hasnt been one year that he has had issues, he has never really lived up to what we all hoped for, his accuracy issues are befuddling. Last year in my opinion he gets a mulligan because his coordinator was an idiot and he had no ballers but that was year 4....1, 2 and 3 weren't exactly sensational.
    Years 1 and 2, his rookie and second year, he took the team to the AFCCG, he was inconsistent, but showed plenty of flashes of becoming a very good QB. He had his best year in his second year.

His 3rd year, coming off of the lockout off-season, and having his offensive weapons completely revamped at the WR postion, then turmoil with Schotty, and player revolt against the offensive system and insistence to run a ground and pound conservative attack, and lacking competent offensive coaching. Sanchez actually started pretty well, but Burress was a huge failure, and the depth on the team was either released (Cotchery and Mason), or was a rookie in Kerley. Brad Smith left via FA.

Last year I've already mentioned.

This year, IMO, is the first year Sanchez and all the Jet QB's for the first time in years will have an outstanding OC in Mornhinweg, and a very good QB coach in David Lee, it is night and day from the absolute moron we've had in Matt Cavanaugh the past 4 years. Also, Mornhinweg won't have Rex in his ear like Schotty and Sparano did, Rex has no choice but to let Marty run his WCO and a modern day NFL offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Dude, you must be proud of being old, because you sure aren't proud of being a Jets fan.
    Once a clown, always a clown. He's like a few other embarassing sojfs. Why is the clown even here/root for the Jets? Pathetic

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Once a clown, always a clown. He's like a few other embarassing sojfs. Why is the clown even here/root for the Jets? Pathetic
    That dumbace is sar ii

and Dumb Sanchez is Dumb
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 06-29-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    1) Why all this discussion about what a failure drug addict whose uncle is the GM of the chowd Septics team said or wrote.

2) And why all this discussion about the Jets 2013 backup (speaking of failures) to the QB drafted by our new GM in April.

Time to turn the page on the turnover machine and move on

So proud to have HIM as my quarterback...