Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Former teammate: Sanchez “dumb while being dumb”

  1. #41
    So proud to have HIM as my quarterback...

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It's his accuracy. His work ethic, intelligence and off the field behavior are non-factors. They're actually pluses to be honest. He doesn't get into trouble and works as hard as any player we have. He doesn't get the ball to where it needs to go, that's the issue.
    100% true. If his accuracy could improve, ALL of his other woes on the football field would immediately come under control.

  3. #43
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Let's all shoot the messenger again. This board is great at that.

    Our QB is borderline retarded. Let's not crucify Ainge for stating the obvious.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    100% true. If his accuracy could improve, ALL of his other woes on the football field would immediately come under control.
    He still has the maturity of a 12 year old. This is football. Hard to root for him. He takes Generation Y to another level. He is a public figure and represents the Jets and needs to be aware of that. If my boss saw me on YouTube like that I could forget about any future promotions.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    He still has the maturity of a 12 year old. This is football. Hard to root for him. He takes Generation Y to another level. He is a public figure and represents the Jets and needs to be aware of that. If my boss saw me on YouTube like that I could forget about any future promotions.
    Then your boss is a f*cking moron.

    This is the same argument I have with many others on this site about Rex Ryan. The things that Sanchez or Rex Ryan for that matter do on their own time is THEIR business, not anyone else's. If the person in question does his job, and you are actually a good boss (not an idiot like yours), you don't give a flying f*ck what your employees do on their own time, just so long as they show up for work and do a good job. That's what any good boss does. ANY boss that wants to try and control the things that his employee does in his OFF TIME, is a f*cking control freak. He's an idiot, that's never going to be able to relax. Therefore, HIS boss must fire him.

    And none of that would matter to you if Sanchez were a good QB, right? You didn't care about Sanchez' childish behavior two seasons ago when he was coming off his second consecutive AFC Championship game, did you?

    If you say you did? I say you're full of sh*t. Be HONEST in your response.

    It didn't make a difference then, and it wouldn't make a difference now if only he was actually a good QB.

    The root of ALL of his problems on the field stem from inaccuracy.

    If he's accurate, does he have 52 turnovers over the last two seasons? No.

    If he isn't giving the ball up because his accuracy is much better, that gives him more confidence to stick with his instincts in reading defenses. If he's better at reading defenses, he'll now create a better pocket presence for himself. And so on.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Right, he didn't perform last year, when he had street FA's playing with him at WR, TE, and at RB for most of the year, the only player who stayed healthy all year long was Greene. The offense was a joke because of coaching, the system deployed and an insistence to run a conservative attack despite lacking talent due to injuries up and down the offensive roster.

    Sanchez struggled to, but a lot of it was due to the handicap he had with the players around him, he then lost his confidence.

    He gets one more shot, and he has a legitimate offensive coordinator running the show, and a system he flourished in.

    Many players and QB's have their warts. Sanchez is still a kid, people forget that. Eli Manning was photographed drunk and/or stoned with girls hanging off of him. Brady had a child with another woman when dating Giselle, Favre takes shots of his wanker, Ben Roethlisberger had his problems, as mentioned, there was little about Joe Namath that one could suggest he was an icon of professionalism.
    Gets one more shot? Lol ! Still a kid? hes entering yr 5 and just looks worse every yr, no improvement, going backwards.. Do you honestly believe he is going to be on this team next yr? Not a chance.. He would have been cut in a heart beat if MT didnt give him totally undeserving gift of guaranteed 8.5.. His contract does allow a much more favorable cut next you and u can be sure izdik will be sending him packing.. If Sanchez does get to play some this yr I'm sure he will be improved over last yr, which it would be near impossible to play worse.. He has been given 4 + seasons to show something..,he should very few flashes of goodness, but they are far outweighed by mostly terrible play... Geno is going to get to start whenever he is ready,,my guess is by midseason at the latest.. Sanchizers need to embrace geno and hope he becomes what we all hoped mark would have become..

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Then your boss is a f*cking moron.

    This is the same argument I have with many others on this site about Rex Ryan. The things that Sanchez or Rex Ryan for that matter do on their own time is THEIR business, not anyone else's. If the person in question does his job, and you are actually a good boss (not an idiot like yours), you don't give a flying f*ck what your employees do on their own time, just so long as they show up for work and do a good job. That's what any good boss does. ANY boss that wants to try and control the things that his employee does in his OFF TIME, is a f*cking control freak. He's an idiot, that's never going to be able to relax. Therefore, HIS boss must fire him.

    And none of that would matter to you if Sanchez were a good QB, right? You didn't care about Sanchez' childish behavior two seasons ago when he was coming off his second consecutive AFC Championship game, did you?

    If you say you did? I say you're full of sh*t. Be HONEST in your response.

    It didn't make a difference then, and it wouldn't make a difference now if only he was actually a good QB.

    The root of ALL of his problems on the field stem from inaccuracy.

    If he's accurate, does he have 52 turnovers over the last two seasons? No.

    If he isn't giving the ball up because his accuracy is much better, that gives him more confidence to stick with his instincts in reading defenses. If he's better at reading defenses, he'll now create a better pocket presence for himself. And so on.
    I want to be careful here because I see you have a gun and a quick temper.
    I honestly never did like Sanchez personally. Unfortunately I am one of those old fashioned, crazy fans that likes to root for players I respect regardless of win or lose... And of course winning is better. I am sorry, I thought eating the hot dog on the sidelines was immature and disrespectful to the Raiders, I never liked how he does not take accountability for his lousy performances in the post game interviews and now this. And to your point, I was very happy when the Jets had those 2 great runs. Doesn't mean I have to like him personally. Frankly, I was a big fan of Chad Pennington. When he won, he gave credit to everyone but himself and when he lost he put it all on him. He carried himself like a gentleman, never did anything to make the organization look bad and was a role model for kids. This is my opinion. Put the gun back in the holster.

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    time to send "the kid" to the corner for a 2013 season timeout and start the quarterback that John Idzik drafted in April to be the franchise QB of the NYJ



    Let the "kid' (27 years old, four years, 52 turnovers in the last two) get his "shot" some team dumb enough to pick him up in 2014 and ruin THEIR offense

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I want to be careful here because I see you have a gun and a quick temper.
    I honestly never did like Sanchez personally. Unfortunately I am one of those old fashioned, crazy fans that likes to root for players I respect regardless of win or lose... And of course winning is better. I am sorry, I thought eating the hot dog on the sidelines was immature and disrespectful to the Raiders, I never liked how he does not take accountability for his lousy performances in the post game interviews and now this. And to your point, I was very happy when the Jets had those 2 great runs. Doesn't mean I have to like him personally. Frankly, I was a big fan of Chad Pennington. When he won, he gave credit to everyone but himself and when he lost he put it all on him. He carried himself like a gentleman, never did anything to make the organization look bad and was a role model for kids. This is my opinion. Put the gun back in the holster.
    I don't normally post on threads not involving my team, but I had to for this one.

    In spite of being a lifelong Pats fan and seldom NCAA fan, I have been a big fan of Chad Pennington, the player and person, since he came into the NFL. I was hoping when he was a FA in 2008 that he would come to NE to be the backup for Brady. If he had he would have played that season instead of Matt Cassel. Who knows how that would have turned out.

    Mark Sanchez is a horrible QB. He hasn't improved one bit at reading defenses, doesn't protect the ball at all, doesn't stand in the pocket and deliver a pass but instead does the chuck and duck, and also is pretty inaccurate when he does deliver the ball. He's also very immature. That's probably the reason Pete Carroll said that he wasn't ready for the NFL. By the looks of his booger picking type antics I'd have to say that he still isn't ready.

    I hope he has a long career with the New York Jets.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That dumbace is sar ii

    and Dumb Sanchez is Dumb
    Think what you all wish... That is the beauty of America. I happen to be a huge Jet fan. When you are a fan, you are also permitted to voice your disapproval. I disapprove of our Head Coach - I think he does not have what it takes. How many more coaching staff changes will we have before we establish an offense? A word that this man does not have in his vocabulary. I am entitled to my opinion. I make a comment that we are in trouble, not the Patriots. I stand by that. They have a QB - we have a failed starter and a rookie. We don't have a problem? Despite the issues in NE, they will prevail because they have a HOF QB, a system in place that all of their players are in step with, and people who know how to run an organization. I didn't say I had any love for them, I just recognize the fact that they will win games. When Brady went down in 2008, they had a #2 QB who stepped in and ran the team without interruption. We bring in another QB, give our starter an extension, and instead cause a media circus and fracture our team.
    The Hernandez issue is not unlike anything else going on in the NFL. But, I get it -everyone enjoys what is happening because it is the Patriots. I actually worry that this makes them concentrate and focus even more.
    Last edited by PocketJet; 06-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,998
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Think what you all wish... That is the beauty of America. I happen to be a huge Jet fan. When you are a fan, you are also permitted to voice your disapproval. I disapprove of our Head Coach - I think he does not have what it takes. How many more coaching staff changes will we have before we establish an offense? A word that this man does not have in his vocabulary. I am entitled to my opinion. I make a comment that we are in trouble, not the Patriots. I stand by that. They have a QB - we have a failed starter and a rookie. We don't have a problem? Despite the issues in NE, they will prevail because they have a HOF QB, a system in place that all of their players are in step with, and people who know how to run an organization. I didn't say I had any love for them, I just recognize the fact that they will win games. When Brady went down in 2008, they had a #2 QB who stepped in and ran the team without interruption. We bring in another QB, give our starter an extension, and instead cause a media circus and fracture our team.
    The Hernandez issue is not unlike anything else going on in the NFL. But, I get it -everyone enjoys what is happening because it is the Patriots. I actually worry that this makes them concentrate and focus even more.
    so you aren't SAR

    just worse than SAR

    got it

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so you aren't SAR

    just worse than SAR

    got it
    yeah, that's it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I don't normally post on threads not involving my team, but I had to for this one.

    In spite of being a lifelong Pats fan and seldom NCAA fan, I have been a big fan of Chad Pennington, the player and person, since he came into the NFL. I was hoping when he was a FA in 2008 that he would come to NE to be the backup for Brady. If he had he would have played that season instead of Matt Cassel. Who knows how that would have turned out.

    Mark Sanchez is a horrible QB. He hasn't improved one bit at reading defenses, doesn't protect the ball at all, doesn't stand in the pocket and deliver a pass but instead does the chuck and duck, and also is pretty inaccurate when he does deliver the ball. He's also very immature. That's probably the reason Pete Carroll said that he wasn't ready for the NFL. By the looks of his booger picking type antics I'd have to say that he still isn't ready.

    I hope he has a long career with the New York Jets.
    I don't normally offer comments about Brady and things I respect about him, but I will this time. When Brady loses a game and is in the post game press room I have seen him on more than one occasion say VERY ANGRILY - "I SUCKED", with a red face and veins popping out of his neck. You will never see that from Sanchez.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 06-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I don't normally offer comments about Brady and things I respect about him, but I will this time. When Brady loses a game and is in the post game press room I have seen him on more than one occasion say VERY ANGRILY - "I SUCKED", with a red face and veins popping out of his neck. You will never see that from Sanchez.
    Brady has even cried like a little girl after a big loss but hey he's showing emotion atleast.. How about Sanchez running to sidelines to sit on bench after yet another 3 and out like its a expected routine.. No life.. Loved when players said when McElroy came in Arizona game, they said they had this " energy and fire that they have been lacking.. Mark does nothing to get his players fired up.. Just give dumb long pauses when misses a throw..

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I want to be careful here because I see you have a gun and a quick temper.
    I honestly never did like Sanchez personally. Unfortunately I am one of those old fashioned, crazy fans that likes to root for players I respect regardless of win or lose... And of course winning is better. I am sorry, I thought eating the hot dog on the sidelines was immature and disrespectful to the Raiders, I never liked how he does not take accountability for his lousy performances in the post game interviews and now this. And to your point, I was very happy when the Jets had those 2 great runs. Doesn't mean I have to like him personally. Frankly, I was a big fan of Chad Pennington. When he won, he gave credit to everyone but himself and when he lost he put it all on him. He carried himself like a gentleman, never did anything to make the organization look bad and was a role model for kids. This is my opinion. Put the gun back in the holster.
    First of all, I would hope the first sentence was just sarcasm. I may come on strong, but it's only because I believe in what I am saying. And I'm not some nut case that is going to shoot someone else simply because I had a disagreement with them on an internet website.

    If you really think Sanchez was immature from the get go, I don't disagree with you. All I am saying is that didn't matter to you because Sanchez was winning at that time. I always thought the Jets won despite Sanchez being a terrible QB anyway.

    Most people saw it as Sanchez being a very important cog. I thought it was nonsense.

    But I am so used to people thinking of Sanchez as that important cog, I just figured you must be the same.

    To me, there really isn't much you could do to the Raiders to insult them. I personally, think they may be an even larger embarrassment than the Patsies are right now.

    But all in all, I'd have to say we are in agreement. I pretty much believe Sanchez was along for the ride with the Jets and certainly didn't do much of anything to ultimately aid the team in making the run that they did in 09 and 10.

    I'm just making the point, that immaturity, I don't believe, would make any difference if Sanchez were playing well. Just as much as fans of Tom Brady choose to overlook him being a p*ssy and lobbying to the refs all the time for calls because he plays great, I think the same would be true if Sanchez actually were a good player.

    It's amazing what winning can cure.

    And I still maintain what I said about your boss. A boss that tries to control what his employees do off-the-job is the very definition of a control freak. When they are off-the-job, what their employees choose to do on their own time, is their own business and no one else's.

    So yes, regardless of our debate here, your boss is still a complete idiot.

    I am also in agreement with you on Chad Pennington. I very much liked him and I truly believe that there's three things that kept Penny from taking the Jets to the SB:

    1) Health - The guy just couldn't stay healthy and it cost him his chance at greatness.

    2) Arm Strength - He simply could not make all of the throws, especially late in his career after his shoulder first got messed up.

    3) Coaching - Even is Penny had the strong arm and maintained his health, he wouldn't have won anyway. That was due to bad coaching. Herm Edwards was a joke and a guy that I do not personally believe could have ever led a team to a SB.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    I've thought ever since the Hard Knocks episode where he blew off Namath, and was hi jinxing around the office like a six year old that owned the place, that Mark Sanchez was just one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

    My nephew, a senior in high school and 18 years old, is light years older than Mark in term of maturity AND leadership qualities.

    Sanchez is a dumb puppet ...a muppet ... He is a guy that runs to sidelines after three and outs like nothing matters, because he was told that he needs to have amnesia in a metaphorical sense. The guy giving him that advice evidently did not realize that he was dealing with an idiot.

    Seriously ... The kid has physical tools, but in terms of being a mature intelligent leader ... It is just not there ...

    I still remember Rex saying ... This kids just has IT ....


    ... Has what ?!
    Last edited by Dunnie; 06-29-2013 at 05:30 PM.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've thought ever since the Hard Knocks episode where he blew off Namath, and was hi jinxing around the office like a six year old that owned the place, that Mark Sanchez was just one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.


    still relies on plays written on wristbands too

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've thought ever since the Hard Knocks episode where he blew off Namath, and was hi jinxing around the office like a six year old that owned the place, that Mark Sanchez was just one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

    My nephew, a senior in high school and 18 years old, is light years older than Mark in term of maturity AND leadership qualities.

    Sanchez is a dumb puppet ...a muppet ... He is a guy that runs to sidelines after three and outs like nothing matters, because he was told that he needs to have amnesia in a metaphorical sense. The guy giving him that advice evidently did not realize that he was dealing with an idiot.

    Seriously ... The kid has physical tools, but in terms of being a mature intelligent leader ... It is just not there ...

    I still remember Rex saying ... This kids just has IT ....


    ... Has what ?!
    His contract and draft pick ( especially considering we actually traded UP) , will go down as 1 of biggest mistakes in history of jets org..

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    First of all, I would hope the first sentence was just sarcasm. I may come on strong, but it's only because I believe in what I am saying. And I'm not some nut case that is going to shoot someone else simply because I had a disagreement with them on an internet website.

    If you really think Sanchez was immature from the get go, I don't disagree with you. All I am saying is that didn't matter to you because Sanchez was winning at that time. I always thought the Jets won despite Sanchez being a terrible QB anyway.

    Most people saw it as Sanchez being a very important cog. I thought it was nonsense.

    But I am so used to people thinking of Sanchez as that important cog, I just figured you must be the same.

    To me, there really isn't much you could do to the Raiders to insult them. I personally, think they may be an even larger embarrassment than the Patsies are right now.

    But all in all, I'd have to say we are in agreement. I pretty much believe Sanchez was along for the ride with the Jets and certainly didn't do much of anything to ultimately aid the team in making the run that they did in 09 and 10.

    I'm just making the point, that immaturity, I don't believe, would make any difference if Sanchez were playing well. Just as much as fans of Tom Brady choose to overlook him being a p*ssy and lobbying to the refs all the time for calls because he plays great, I think the same would be true if Sanchez actually were a good player.

    It's amazing what winning can cure.

    And I still maintain what I said about your boss. A boss that tries to control what his employees do off-the-job is the very definition of a control freak. When they are off-the-job, what their employees choose to do on their own time, is their own business and no one else's.

    So yes, regardless of our debate here, your boss is still a complete idiot.

    I am also in agreement with you on Chad Pennington. I very much liked him and I truly believe that there's three things that kept Penny from taking the Jets to the SB:

    1) Health - The guy just couldn't stay healthy and it cost him his chance at greatness.

    2) Arm Strength - He simply could not make all of the throws, especially late in his career after his shoulder first got messed up.

    3) Coaching - Even is Penny had the strong arm and maintained his health, he wouldn't have won anyway. That was due to bad coaching. Herm Edwards was a joke and a guy that I do not personally believe could have ever led a team to a SB.
    If he were playing well I would be elated because the Jets would be winning. But I still don't like Sanchez personally. And the hot dog thing not only disrespected the Raiders but the league as well and made the Jets look bad as an organization. He should freakin' know better! If Sanchez was giving out free autographs and photos a block from my house at Starbucks, I would drive past it and go to Dunkin' Donuts.
    And BTW, just breaking your b*lls on the gun thing... but you do look pretty serious in the photo.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 06-29-2013 at 06:44 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I've thought ever since the Hard Knocks episode where he blew off Namath, and was hi jinxing around the office like a six year old that owned the place, that Mark Sanchez was just one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

    My nephew, a senior in high school and 18 years old, is light years older than Mark in term of maturity AND leadership qualities.

    Sanchez is a dumb puppet ...a muppet ... He is a guy that runs to sidelines after three and outs like nothing matters, because he was told that he needs to have amnesia in a metaphorical sense. The guy giving him that advice evidently did not realize that he was dealing with an idiot.

    Seriously ... The kid has physical tools, but in terms of being a mature intelligent leader ... It is just not there ...

    I still remember Rex saying ... This kids just has IT ....


    ... Has what ?!
    This is spot on... Maybe "IT" is just acting like a numbskull, which Rex is very capable of himself.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us