Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 123

Thread: Buck Foston!

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I think he meant in the 2000s... they had 7 sports titles in 10 years from 2001-2011, from all four sports... no city has ever had more in that span of time in the modern era, the diversity alone is impressive.
    Lets see, the Yanks won 6 WS in the 50's. Dodgers won once. So did the baseball Giants.

    Thats 8. You lose already

    The football Giants won a Championship in 56.

    Thats 9.

    Try again.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Lets see, the Yanks won 6 WS in the 50's. Dodgers won once. So did the baseball Giants.

    Thats 8. You lose already

    The football Giants won a Championship in 56.

    Thats 9.

    Try again.
    Go ahead and compare those championships to the modern era of sports where salary caps matter. 7 titles in 10 years. across 4 unique sports. unprecedented.

    LOL at talking about 1950s teams.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    There's one other major difference between the two

    New York is one of the planet's greatest cities.

    Boston is a one horse backwater craphole that sucks, more or less a suburb of Bridgeport.

    As W. C. Fields so aptly said....

    "Outside of New York, they're ALL Bridgeport"

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Boston - City of Champions.

    It's hard to make a case for anywhere else.
    Brockton?!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    1. Ray Allen's 3 saves the Heat

    2. Bruins choke

    3. Sox drop 3 of 4 @Detroit

    4. Doc traded to LA

    5. Aaron Hernandez arrested and cut while Pat fans make fools of themselves chanting he's innocent.

    6. KG & Pierce traded to Joisy!


    Not bad...
    and when the JETS win a SB or the Rangers win another cup maybe we can talk...... I can bring the Knicks into it if you'd like.


    I LOVE the rivalry, I was in a bar in Boston for game 5 of the Stanly cup. These are passionate fans.

    But when the Bruins play as well as they do, the Celtics, even the SUX, these are well run programs. More than I can say for some of our teams over the past 20 years.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Also true. However, those organizations still have to build powerful teams that contend and win championships. Even if you only go by "major sports" (Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball) NY has more in total. The main point I was making wasn't really NY vs Boston. I just think that its utterly ridiculous to say that its hard to consider ANY OTHER CITY as a so-called "city of champions".

    EDIT: DAT GIF.
    My bad. I was thinking more about recently than forever.

    I remember doing a little research a few years ago about the subject, and if you went by % of titles won, then the Celts and Lakers were (maybe still are) both ahead of the Yankees.

    Plus, Boston only has one team in each sport. It's easier to win more titles if you have twice as many chances.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I think he meant in the 2000s... they had 7 sports titles in 10 years from 2001-2011, from all four sports... no city has ever had more in that span of time in the modern era, the diversity alone is impressive.
    Yes ASG, I was thinking of the recent success.

    GMTA

    I suppose it might have been a tad over the top though.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Plus, Boston only has one team in each sport. It's easier to win more titles if you have twice as many chances.
    NY also has 15x the population of Boston. We kinda have to.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,529
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Eh, Celtics are re building after winning the Championship by dumping their senior citizens on the clueless Nets. (How long have the Knicks been rebuidling?)

    Bruins went to the Cup Finals after whipping the favored Rangers.

    Sox in first.

    Pats lost one player. No biggie. 12-4. Yawn.

    This would be a good week in alot of towns.
    Welker and his 100+ catches a year is forgotten already??

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    There's one other major difference between the two

    New York is one of the planet's greatest cities.

    Boston is a one horse backwater craphole that sucks, more or less a suburb of Bridgeport.

    As W. C. Fields so aptly said....

    "Outside of New York, they're ALL Bridgeport"
    I can understand your hatred for the Pasts but what you say here about the city of Boston is pure BS. I have been there many times, a good friend of mind went to the music college in Boston. It is a great city with a lot to offer for most people. Smaller than NY but that really is not a fault. Very walkable place with pretty good food.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    I can understand your hatred for the Pasts but what you say here about the city of Boston is pure BS. I have been there many times, a good friend of mind went to the music college in Boston. It is a great city with a lot to offer for most people. Smaller than NY but that really is not a fault. Very walkable place with pretty good food.
    Boston's a world class city with a livable cost of living, the best medical and universities in the world, a great and proud sports base, and historic significance unmatched in the USA. The BS, as you point out, is just the ravings of a peretually jealous lunatic who's lost his mind and any sense of decency over the years.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Boston's................a great and proud sports base.....
    NOPE! GFY!
    Your "sports" are almost as big a joke as you clowns are! How's the circus up there, doosh?

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Boston's a world class city with a livable cost of living, the best medical and universities in the world, a great and proud sports base, and historic significance unmatched in the USA. The BS, as you point out, is just the ravings of a peretually jealous lunatic who's lost his mind and any sense of decency over the years.
    Ravings of a peretually jealous lunatic who's lost his mind

    Almost exactly the words of the namecalling and personal attack that got you permabanned as Guido less than two weeks ago.when I dared to dispute your passionate claims of the innocence of Murderer81, the face of The Patriot Way.

    For chrissake, Vinny, how many permabans will it take before you figure it out.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Surprised to see you posting here instead of over at Jets Addicts, where the total half dozen or so members there love your witticisms. Especially the beloved Pope and respected Green Jets and Ham, whose power ranking for the Jets must be sky high after this AH mess.

    Good thread though. Not enough Patsie threads on the top of the front page here.
    Green Jets and F*cknuts....

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ravings of a peretually jealous lunatic who's lost his mind

    Almost exactly the words of the namecalling and personal attack that got you permabanned as Guido less than two weeks ago.when I dared to dispute your passionate claims of the innocence of Murderer81, the face of The Patriot Way.

    For chrissake, Vinny, how many permabans will it take before you figure it out.
    Who the Fuk is Guido or Vinny you keep calling me? Are you senile or just very stupid?

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Who the Fuk is Guido or Vinny you keep calling me? Are you senile or just very stupid?
    Nice try, Vin

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    for the record, Vinny tried this same deflection when JI posters referred to his GronkWelkhead ID as Vinny

    and again when JI posters referred to his Guido Yaxtrumsty ID as Gronk or Vinny


    apparently the Vinny 4.0 AKA Reincarated Bob is just an old dog who keeps repeating the same tricks

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    for the record, Vinny tried this same deflection when JI posters referred to his GronkWelkhead ID as Vinny

    and again when JI posters referred to his Guido Yaxtrumsty ID as Gronk or Vinny


    apparently the Vinny 4.0 AKA Reincarated Bob is just an old dog who keeps repeating the same tricks
    Sg3,

    You Got that right. It's the same prick!

  19. #79
    You two lovers or something? What's your deals? All I've seen since I signed up here is your obsession over this Vinny or Guido guy and calling out Jets fans for not being good fans. It's a bit scary really.

    And to be honest, you both come off as complete morons.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,562
    Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Who the Fuk is Guido or Vinny you keep calling me? Are you senile or just very stupid?
    Stop playin'.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us