Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 123

Thread: Buck Foston!

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    That's completely untrue. Thanks for playing, though.
    Wow, who knew Meangreen was a troll.
    Oh, and Spuck their Forts team. All of em.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    DeeDeeDecency. I know that is a foreign term to some people.

    I support the people of Boston. I couldn't care less about the teams.
    Thanks DD. Many Boston fans like myself have supported the people of New York after 9/11. Btw, this is a site that I found on that day. It's one of the best. Be careful though, it's tough to sit through. http://attacked911.tripod.com/

    It's amazing how worked up some people get over sports and/or celebrities.

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston - City of Champions.

    It's hard to make a case for anywhere else.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Wow, who knew Meangreen was a troll.
    Oh, and Spuck their Forts team. All of em.
    lame. i forgot the forums are just used for **** talking

  5. #45
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Boston - City of Champions.

    It's hard to make a case for anywhere else.
    Absurd

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Eh, Celtics are re building after winning the Championship by dumping their senior citizens on the clueless Nets. (How long have the Knicks been rebuidling?)
    These "senior citizens" might help put the so-called "Clueless Nets" over the top. You never know, yo.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one here is talking about the terrorist attack and I don't know why that even came into this discussion, we're talking strictly sports and this is about the rivalry between NYC and it's inferior cousin to the north.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,056
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston - City of Scumpions.

    It's hard to make a case for anywhere else.[/QUOTE]


    Correction

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    No one here is talking about the terrorist attack and I don't know why that even came into this discussion,.
    Gee I don't know...maybe because two months ago hundreds of American citizens were murdered and maimed by terrorists on American soil? Could that be it?

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    SlikMo should have just added "sports" to the end of the title of this thread to avoid this confusion... didn't think it through - it happens

  11. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Boston - City of Champions.

    It's hard to make a case for anywhere else.
    L oh f*cking L. Dumbest post in this thread. New York has almost double the amount of championships.

  12. #52
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    L oh f*cking L. Dumbest post in this thread. New York has almost double the amount of championships.
    To be fair, they also have more teams.

  13. #53
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, they also have more teams.
    Also true. However, those organizations still have to build powerful teams that contend and win championships. Even if you only go by "major sports" (Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball) NY has more in total. The main point I was making wasn't really NY vs Boston. I just think that its utterly ridiculous to say that its hard to consider ANY OTHER CITY as a so-called "city of champions".

    EDIT: DAT GIF.

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    L oh f*cking L. Dumbest post in this thread. New York has almost double the amount of championships.
    LMAO. 90% of NY's championships come from one team...the Yankees (team of the deep pockets). The other ten percent comes from the Giants, a legitimately quality franchise.

    Less said Jets, Mets, Nets, Knicks, Islanders, and Rangers the better.

    The thing I don't get: why don't the other NY teams pony up and buy a few championships the way Steinbrenner did for the Yankees?
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 06-30-2013 at 01:35 AM.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Also true. However, those organizations still have to build powerful teams that contend and win championships. Even if you only go by "major sports" (Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball) NY has more in total. The main point I was making wasn't really NY vs Boston. I just think that its utterly ridiculous to say that its hard to consider ANY OTHER CITY as a so-called "city of champions".

    EDIT: DAT GIF.
    Understandable. In the major sports, NY always has multiple teams, so it gives the city an unfair advantage. However, in terms of titles, you are correct. You could pretty much call NYC "title town".

    And yes, DAT GIF indeed. Wanted to spruce up my sig. Working on a new avatar, too. #PLSenableANIMATEDavatarsSOOTH

  16. #56
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Understandable. In the major sports, NY always has multiple teams, so it gives the city an unfair advantage. However, in terms of titles, you are correct. You could pretty much call NYC "title town".

    And yes, DAT GIF indeed. Wanted to spruce up my sig. Working on a new avatar, too. #PLSenableANIMATEDavatarsSOOTH
    Agreed.

    And yes please. Got a couple in my vault I could use .

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Understandable. In the major sports, NY always has multiple teams, so it gives the city an unfair advantage. However, in terms of titles, you are correct. You could pretty much call NYC "title town".

    And yes, DAT GIF indeed. Wanted to spruce up my sig. Working on a new avatar, too. #PLSenableANIMATEDavatarsSOOTH
    I think he meant in the 2000s... they had 7 sports titles in 10 years from 2001-2011, from all four sports... no city has ever had more in that span of time in the modern era, the diversity alone is impressive.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boston = wannabe New York. Look at all the idiots from Boston living on this site, freakking idiots.

  19. #59
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Boston = wannabe New York. Look at all the idiots from Boston living on this site, freakking idiots.
    Funny on so many levels.

  20. #60
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Boston = wannabe New York. Look at all the idiots from Boston living on this site, freakking idiots.
    You can move to New York. You can't un-be a Jets fan.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us