Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrests per team since 2000, shocker!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Jets have been a circus the past couple of years and it has nothing to do with arrests. For the most part we have been a very well-behaved team off the field and the Rex deserves credit for that.

Circus = Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, etc.

That is why we received the circus moniker.

I am optimistic this will change under Idzik.
    Leve it to you to leave the point and expand the definition to put your team at the top of the heap. Thanks, thats what the OP was looking for.

Guess the Jets not being leading this list disappointed you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    As for cromarti, how can u hate on a guy who has 10+ kids... Dog the bounty hunter has the same amount of kids and he's a god loving do-gooder
    Cro is an awful example. He has basically gotten his life straightened out since joining the Jets and the Jets were a big reason for that b.c once they traded for him they advanced him $500k to help deal with his child support and help him clear his head. Since joining the Jets he has gotten married and has become a leader in the locker room which is surprising b.c he had a rap for being a poor locker room guy with SD. Cro has grown up and has been a great Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Leve it to you to leave the point and expand the definition to put your team at the top of the heap. Thanks, thats what the OP was looking for.

Guess the Jets not being leading this list disappointed you
    No. You guys have expanded the definition this week in your quest to try to get back at the Pats.

Whenever I have heard the Jets referenced as a circus on ESPN, NFLN or the radio very seldom have they every brought up players being arrested. It is always Rex running his mouth, locker room friction, Tebow, etc. Fatty beat the drum when Edwards was arrested but he has an admitted personal vendetta against the Jets so he looses credibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No. You guys have expanded the definition this week in your quest to try to get back at the Pats.

Whenever I have heard the Jets referenced as a circus on ESPN, NFLN or the radio very seldom have they every brought up players being arrested. It is always Rex running his mouth, locker room friction, Tebow, etc. Fatty beat the drum when Edwards was arrested but he has an admitted personal vendetta against the Jets so he looses credibility.
    The OP listed teams that led the league in arrests.

You decided it was time to bring butt fumble into the equation. You clearly were disappointed that the Jets werent leading the list of something negative so you turned this into something it wasn't. Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, all brought into a thread dealing with arrests.

That you think a QB's fumble, Hard Knocks and a few of the other things you list are circus like is also telling. Really? It was funny as all hell, embarrassing for Sanchez but how the hell does anyone think a fumble is circus like?

Then you wonder why people react the way they do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McG, what makes you say that? I can't remember many disagreements we have had in the past.
    I seem to recall generally being of the opposite opinion of you most of the time. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You decided it was time to bring butt fumble into the equation. You clearly were disappointed that the Jets werent leading the list of something negative so you turned this into something it wasn't. Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, all brought into a thread dealing with arrests.

That you think a QB's fumble, Hard Knocks and a few of the other things you list are circus like is also telling. Really? It was funny as all hell, embarrassing for Sanchez but how the hell does anyone think a fumble is circus like?

The OP brought up "circus". Not me. And I explained why I think the circus has little or nothing to do with arrests.

I never claimed that everything I listed was equal. It was just a random of list of things that have helped the Jets earn/maintain their circus label.

I'll tell you what...feel free to omit the ButtFumble if you want. Still doesn't change the veracity of my point.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I seem to recall generally being of the opposite opinion of you most of the time. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else.
    Don't even go there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a few of the arrests on the Pats end was do to their celebrating 3 SB's.. I think it was disorderly conduct

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    John Abraham is a bad example.. The jets traded him due to 'character issues' ie selfish and not a team player.

Instead of low character guys, mangini chose busts like gholston..

As for cromarti, how can u hate on a guy who has 10+ kids... Dog the bounty hunter has the same amount of kids and he's a god loving do-gooder
    Where did I say I hated Cromartie? Do you deny that when he came to the Jets that he had character issues? Why do you think SD let him go so easily? I applaud the turn around year he had last year but he still manages to say dumb anti-team statements like when he said "I'm the second best receiver on the team." It may be true but a team player doesn't say stuff like that to the media.

Every regime has it's draft busts but on a whole we drafted much better under Mangini then Ryan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The murderers list ...

Panthers, Ravens, Bills and Cheaters

The more than one murders list

Bills and Cheaters

The premeditated serial hitman execution style murders list

ONLY the Patriot Way

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have been a circus the past couple of years and it has nothing to do with arrests. For the most part we have been a very well-behaved team off the field and the Rex deserves credit for that.

Circus = Rex's guarantees, Sanchez eating hotdogs, Foot fetish vids, Hard Knocks, Rex loosing locker room, Bart Scott v media, Tebow, Training Days, Woody in the media, Pettine turning into Deepthroat, ButtFumble, etc.

That is why we received the circus moniker.

I am optimistic this will change under Idzik.
    +10

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

DD feels it's his job to defend other teams and crap on the jets whenever possible.. Somehow he thinks this makes him a better objective fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I think much credit must go to Mangini and Tannenbaum and Herman Edwards placing character as a prime factor in their drafting. Too bad that shifted when Rex came on board and the Jets got some shady characters with the motto "Rex can handle them."
    So rex was gm when? Mr t had nothing to do with bringing in trash....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    So rex was gm when? Mr t had nothing to do with bringing in trash....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    rex brought in all the bad guys

Tannenbaum brought in all the good guys

the only good stadium would have been in Queens

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The murderers list ...

Panthers, Ravens, Bills and Cheaters

The more than one murders list

Bills and Cheaters

The premeditated serial hitman execution style murders list

ONLY the Patriot Way
    Post of the month.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The circus criticism has nothing to do with the amount of players that have been arrested. It has to do with specifically how the team is run. That's what the media is saying.

The Jets would never be referred to as a circus if the team were winning right now. That's a fact. And even if someone were as bold as to accuse the Jets of being a circus, if we were winning, no one would give a f*ck.

The circus moniker only comes to mind when a team does things in a different manner than what someone sees as CORRECT.

So it's purely subjective on the part of the media because they don't like Rex Ryan. People latch on to it when the team isn't winning.

In regards to arrests of players, Rex Ryan keeps a very good household, better than most. Even better than everyone's hero, Bill Bellichick and Mac and Cheese.

The circus label is something that the media will need to shove directly up their collective a$$es when Rex gets the team winning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The circus criticism has nothing to do with the amount of players that have been arrested. It has to do with specifically how the team is run. That's what the media is saying.

The Jets would never be referred to as a circus if the team were winning right now. That's a fact. And even if someone were as bold as to accuse the Jets of being a circus, if we were winning, no one would give a f*ck.

The circus moniker only comes to mind when a team does things in a different manner than what someone sees as CORRECT.

So it's purely subjective on the part of the media because they don't like Rex Ryan. People latch on to it when the team isn't winning.

In regards to arrests of players, Rex Ryan keeps a very good household, better than most. Even better than everyone's hero, Bill Bellichick and Mac and Cheese.

The circus label is something that the media will need to shove directly up their collective a$$es when Rex gets the team winning.
    great post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen this posted on Twitter as well - but frankly being a "circus" has a lot more to do with players arrested.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex running his mouth?

Yes. Our head coach should say stuff like "We are going to suck this year. We won't win shut. Don't bother buying tickets, just stay home"...

F*cking idiots.