Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large SUV question for those w 3+ kids

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Large SUV question for those w 3+ kids

Yo fellas, just had my 3rd kid, and need to get a large SUV (minivan ain't hapnin). So far all we know is that we def want captains chairs in the second row, for easy access to our 5yr old who'll be in the booster seat.

Chevy Suburban LTZ seems like the best value, with the Yukon and Escalade basically just add'l bells and whistles. We currently have an '07 Mercedes GL 450, and find it too cramped...any advice greatly appreciated...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the 3rd kid. Ours is due in September. We had the same dilemma - no minivan, captains chairs - and went with a Buick Enclave. Got it in March and haven't had a single regret.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Yo fellas, just had my 3rd kid, and need to get a large SUV (minivan ain't hapnin). So far all we know is that we def want captains chairs in the second row, for easy access to our 5yr old who'll be in the booster seat.

Chevy Suburban LTZ seems like the best value, with the Yukon and Escalade basically just add'l bells and whistles. We currently have an '07 Mercedes GL 450, and find it too cramped...any advice greatly appreciated...
    Wow yor doing pretty well in this Obama economy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Congrats on the 3rd kid. Ours is due in September. We had the same dilemma - no minivan, captains chairs - and went with a Buick Enclave. Got it in March and haven't had a single regret.
    Thanks, will check it out...only diff Btwn the Yukon Denali and suburban LTZ is the 6.2 vs 5.3 litre engine, which I don't really care about...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    start wearing condoms?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the Toyota Sequoia. It's big and can be configured with 2nd row captains chairs and has a 3rd row bench. That would get you 7 seated comfortably. I was close to getting one but it was too big for the wife (go ahead, I know you can't resist). This helped me talk her into a Land Cruiser which we ended up with. The LC is fantastic and has a 3rd row but it's a smaller 3rd row than the Sequoia and no captains chair option in row 2. The LC is pricey but it goes EVERYWHERE and I've done some overland stuff through Sedona and some light rock crawling with it.

Good luck.

And, the Sequoia Platinum edition has a ton of creature comforts and features.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 07-01-2013 at 03:20 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Check out the Toyota Sequoia. It's big and can be configured with 2nd row captains chairs and has a 3rd row bench. That would get you 7 seated comfortably. I was close to getting one but it was too big for the wife (go ahead, I know you can't resist). This helped me talk her into a Land Cruiser which we ended up with. The LC is fantastic and has a 3rd row but it's a smaller 3rd row than the Sequoia and no captains chair option in row 2. The LC is pricey but it goes EVERYWHERE and I've done some overland stuff through Sedona and some light rock crawling with it.

Good luck.

And, the Sequoia Platinum edition has a ton of creature comforts and features.

This vehicle will be traveling across rough Long Island expressways, parkways and causeways, but that's it! Def don't need a Land Cruiser, though they are the top rated "luxury SUV" that I've seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    This vehicle will be traveling across rough Long Island expressways, parkways and causeways, but that's it! Def don't need a Land Cruiser, though they are the top rated "luxury SUV" that I've seen.
    Take a test drive of that Sequoia though if you get a chance. It's right in the same category as a Suburban, Yukon, Ford Expedition, etc.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was always curious about a Chrysler Pacifica. Always heard good things except now discontinued the parts cost a good bit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I own a Chevy Traverse. Love it but I don't think it's fancy enough for you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I own a Chevy Traverse. Love it but I don't think it's fancy enough for you.
    Not lookin for fancy tuff guy, the Traverse is too small. The Suburban is listed as affordable!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honda pilot. 17 mpg around town 22 hwy 3 rows of seats and it will last unlike a chevy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are already looking in the best place. Suburban/Yukon/Escalade are some good candidates. As is the Sequoia.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Escalade
    Are we sure he's italian or a black rapper?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I owned the Cadillac Escalade ESV and I liked it, didn't love it. Prior to the Escalade I owned the Lexus LX 470. No comparison. The Lexus was so much better in every way, except the price. The sister SUV (Toyota Sequoia) may be a better option financially, but I'm sure that vehicle is pricey as well. Good Luck!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Wow yor doing pretty well in this Obama economy.
    So is Aaron Hernandez, the Pats* all time leader in receptions by a rookie TE. The genius GM gave him a 9 million dollar signing bonus, good for buying guns, bullets and for renting cars that can be used for assassination style murders of your fiance's sisters boyfriend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is only one right answer to this question:

GMC Yukon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    there is only one right answer to this question:

GMC Yukon.
    +1. Good truck

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like