Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boomer and Carton you were so wrong this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I disagree. By allowing the cap hit to disappear, every team will have no issues about signing thugs. The cap hit needs to be a deterrent to making bad decisions like that.
    Agreed. You do it for the Patriots, you have to do it for every other team.

What happened to the Giants w/Plaxico? Were there cap penalties, and did the Giants eat them? I don't know the answer to that, but that's a starting point. Was he a free agent that year? Michael Vick? These are starting points to the answer. If the Patriots are treated differently than those teams, then people can start screaming.

just because boomer can put words together in complete sentences doesn't mean he's great. it does mean that he is better than the other talking heads he's associated with like marino, sharpe, steven a, fatcessa, and any of the other idiots on espn.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Well you are wrong, especially since you have last listened to the show at least a year before it even started. Your credibility is non existant.

I disagreed about this issue, but the show is great and even if Boomer is still bitter, why would he be bitter on his show? I would think he would be bitter against the Jets and that is his business. But again you never hear dthe show so you would not know.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    What happened to the Giants w/Plaxico? Were there cap penalties, and did the Giants eat them? I don't know the answer to that, but that's a starting point. Was he a free agent that year? Michael Vick? These are starting points to the answer. If the Patriots are treated differently than those teams, then people can start screaming.
    Atlanta got cap relief about 5 mill from the league. Burress was on the last year of his deal. But in both cases the league stepped in before the team did. The pats moved before the league. Their is a league wide "Conduct unbecoming" When the league can suspend a player, when the league suspends the player then the team can get some relief, The pats did not wait until Goddel to move. So there is no present situation where they can get relief. The pats need to get the league to rule that they would have suspended him regardless of any action by the pats, The pats could then sue hernadez, if they win the suit they will get cap relief even if they are unable to collect, but they need a judgement against hernadez and a ruling from the NFL that he would have been suspended.

The league will just not grant the pats relief out of hand, the pats need to take legal action against Hernadez.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Agreed. You do it for the Patriots, you have to do it for every other team.
    Every team can do it. But the league has to suspend the player.

All Pro
    Wait, what? Boomer and Carton actually talked about sports, on their morning show? How did that happen? There's something you don't hear every day.