Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boomer and Carton you were so wrong this morning...

Boomer and Carton you were so wrong this morning...

They were saying the Pats should NOT be penalized with cap ramifications because of what they felt was them having no way of knowing this could ever happen.. And that it isn't right ect ect..

NO WAY!!

Is it fair if another team signs a big player to a huge singing bonus and that player does not work out or gets hurt?? Hey... They didn't know he was going to get hurt??

My point is they knew he was bad news when they drafted him.. Knew he was a punk.. Knew he was a gang banger.. Knew it all... I know they never could have seen it coming to this extent. But tough ****..

You took a chance on the guy.. a gamble.. and you lost.. Now suffer the cap hit,,,
    Last edited by GetaLife; 07-01-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Boner and Corny are horrible. Esiason is still bitter about being set up for failure as a Jet QB and Hardon makes Imus look funny in comparison. Neither one of them have any credibility about anything sports-related.

Haven't listened to this show since 2007 when I figured out it was a lousy Howard Stern ripoff. From what I heard Esiason hates on the Jets non-stop his agenda is even worse than Fatcessas.

This should be handled just like any other similar situation where a player gets cut after getting arrested or other off the field infraction.

Those two douchebags should just become Past fans.

Veteran

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They never said that they shouldn't take the cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They never said that they shouldn't take the cap hit.
    No they said they thought the rules were unfair .... Same thing.

Hall Of Fame
    This should be handled the same that it is for every other player that gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Boner and Corny are horrible. Esiason is still bitter about being set up for failure as a Jet QB and Hardon makes Imus look funny in comparison. Neither one of them have any credibility about anything sports-related.

Haven't listened to this show since 2007 when I figured out it was a lousy Howard Stern ripoff. From what I heard Esiason hates on the Jets non-stop his agenda is even worse than Fatcessas.
    How was boomer set up to fail with the jets?

After taking some time to think about, I fully expect the league to eventually waive the cap penalties. IF Hernandez is convicted.

If they don't, then they're giving teams an incentive to keep players that are convicted of capital crimes on the roster and with a direct and active affiliation with the league.

The Patriots could have kept Hernandez on their roster, the league would have suspended him indefinitely, they wouldn't have to pay him or suffer any cap penalties, and Hernandez, if convicted, would have to pay them back the bonus money he'd already received if they went after it (already a precedent from the Vick case).

Is the NFL really going to punish a team for cutting a murderer? I find that hard to believe. He's got to be convicted first, though. If his legal team gets him off, the Pats are going to have to live with those penalties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    After taking some time to think about, I fully expect the league to eventually waive the cap penalties. IF Hernandez is convicted.

If they don't, then they're giving teams an incentive to keep players that are convicted of capital crimes on the roster and with a direct and active affiliation with the league.

The Patriots could have kept Hernandez on their roster, the league would have suspended him indefinitely, they wouldn't have to pay him or suffer any cap penalties, and Hernandez, if convicted, would have to pay them back the bonus money he'd already received if they went after it (already a precedent from the Vick case).

Is the NFL really going to punish a team for cutting a murderer? I find that hard to believe. He's got to be convicted first, though. If his legal team gets him off, the Pats are going to have to live with those penalties.
    I doubt he will be convicted before the cap hits come due. The rules are you cut someone, no matter why, you take the hit. Even if the rule were changed this incident should be grandfathered under the old rules. Also where do you draw the line? Is the proposed rule that any player cut for being arrested avoids the cap hit? It is for morality clauses? Or just murder?

The rules are fine the way they are.

Veteran
    The reason why the Pats will still have to pay Hernandez is b/c the money they owe him is the pro rated portion of his signing bonus. Once he signed the contract he was guaranteed that money even if he never played a down after signing the new deal. They also owe him guaranteed salary but that will most likely be waived due to the circumstances. But I don't know how they will ever get around paying a player a signing bonus since receiving that bonus is not contingent on ever playing a snap it's only contingent on him signing his name, which he did.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Interesting point. If his legal team pulls off an OJ, will the Pats take him back? Can't punish an innocent man right?

Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    How was boomer set up to fail with the jets?
    No, the Jets were set up to fail when that bum Coslet brought in a washed up Esiason and his rag-arm in order to hopefully secure an 8-8 record that would in turn be the basis of Coslet keeping his job, and collecting more checks as a HC (the checks and the HC job he never deserved), he got a good rep as OC for the Bengals when about 10 of his 11 starters were All-Pro..without anything close to that talent level it was obvious that he was lost and brutal.

The Jets were never going to win a SB with Esiason at QB, so why did they bring him in? Why waste everyone's time?

Just a typical Jet move from a cursed era. Esiason could not be set up to fail, at that point in his career he was a close to being a total failure..he was one the best QBs in the league when his arm was strong, but that was long before the Jets got him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    No, the Jets were set up to fail when that bum Coslet brought in a washed up Esiason and his rag-arm in order to hopefully secure an 8-8 record that would in turn be the basis of Coslet keeping his job, and collecting more checks as a HC (the checks and the HC job he never deserved), he got a good rep as OC for the Bengals when about 10 of his 11 starters were All-Pro..without anything close to that talent level it was obvious that he was lost and brutal.

The Jets were never going to win a SB with Esiason at QB, so why did they bring him in? Why waste everyone's time?

Just a typical Jet move from a cursed era. Esiason could not be set up to fail, at that point in his career he was a close to being a total failure..he was one the best QBs in the league when his arm was strong, but that was long before the Jets got him.
    +1 Career wise he was alot better then Kenny ever was..

Boomer was at best a middle of the pack QB.
    He did have a couple of decent years with the Bengals.
    But he was never close to elite.
    He is a legend in the metro area because he is from Long Island.
    IMO Coslet was the worst coach in Jets history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    4 pro bowls and 1 All Pro and took his team to the Bowl and lost in a last minute drive to Montana's 49'ers.. In 89 he was 1 off the TD leader and 2nd to Montana in QB rating who was first..

Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    I would have loved to have Boomer in his prime when we had Parcells as our coach. He was one helluva QB and with a good team you could win Super Bowls. As usual, we picked him up on his way down, but still good, but saddle him with an awful team

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    They were saying the Pats should NOT be penalized with cap ramifications because of what they felt was them having no way of knowing this could ever happen.. And that it isn't right ect ect..

NO WAY!!

Is it fair if another team signs a big player to a huge singing bonus and that player does not work out or gets hurt?? Hey... They didn't know he was going to get hurt??

My point is they knew he was bad news when they drafted him.. Knew he was a punk.. Knew he was a gang banger.. Knew it all... I know they never could have seen it coming to this extent. But tough ****..

You took a chance on the guy.. a gamble.. and you lost.. Now suffer the cap hit,,,
    I was saying the same thing when I heard it that morning. The same thing if Arod can't play. The Yankees can get the insurance but that money needs to stay against the tax. They knew he had used in the past so it is too damned bad.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Well you are wrong, especially since you have last listened to the show at least a year before it even started. Your credibility is non existant.

I disagreed about this issue, but the show is great and even if Boomer is still bitter, why would he be bitter on his show? I would think he would be bitter against the Jets and that is his business. But again you never hear dthe show so you would not know.