Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im going to Vegas....and budget/good deal tips? things to see?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I'm going to Vegas on Tuesday. I'll try that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    ahhhhhh the 20 dollar sagwich trick. im going t try it!
    I typically go with 50. Last time I got a top floor suite upgrade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm going to Vegas on Tuesday. I'll try that.
    let us know grumpy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    let us know grumpy
    Will do

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    MGM resorts are running specials thru early September for some properties like the Aria (very nice). There is a CVS right around the corner from the Aria and Mandarian Oriental that is open 24 hours. A Walgreens is directly across the street next to a Fat Burger.

IMO, I would avoid taking a cab that is more than a 10 minute ride as the fare will be very high. What you save on food you will spend on the cab. It is cheaper if you do the buffet at the hotel. For example, on the weekend, the buffet for brunch at the Aria is only about $40/pp. Also, if you rent a car, the hotel will rob you with the parking fees.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the hotel tips but im already in caesars. im gonna try the 20 dollar upgrade, buy stuff to eat for the fridge, k cups from walgreens and look for some good buffet deals. Oh, and ill be playing 25 cent video blackjack for free drinks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    before all the cheapskate comments flood in let me explain: I was in vegas only once. got a crazy nice room at south point for 25 a night. seriously, nice like the best Ive ever been in. its a lil south of the strip and they have a free shuttle.

on top of being a great place, they didnt nickel and dime you. a lot of stuff was included. i had a great time.

fast forward: so i want to take my gf. i spent more dough but it seem that the MOre you spend on a place, the LESS you get in return (except an even nicer room) Im reading about how you get charged a fortune for anything. k cups in the room are 4 a pop well her and i can drink 6 a day. I heard if you open the fridge, you get charged for stuff whether you took something or not. the internet isnt free, there is a daily "facilities use" charge. Im sure a sandwich in this place is 25 bucks. Ever their buffet is 50 a head. Thats steep....for me.

so its 1/3 about the $$$, BUT 2/3 about the feeling of getting nickled and dimed for anything and everything. Im going there to have fun but im not going to let them sucker me. If i did, it would hamper or hampur my experience

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know you already have a reservation but if you can make another trip during the football season it is worth it. Hit the sports book. A lot of fun on the weekends especially during college and pro-football season. Also, Vegas usually has a big fight during football season. This year it is in mid September (14th). The weekend will be incredible with the fight and football.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    $20 sandwich didn't work today at Aria. The front desk wench gladly pocketed the Jackson and "upgraded" us to a room on the 17th floor... out of about 50 floors.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    $20 sandwich didn't work today at Aria. The front desk wench gladly pocketed the Jackson and "upgraded" us to a room on the 17th floor... out of about 50 floors.
    Dude.

You agree to your upgrade whilst the sandwich is still peeking from your crunched hand. If 20 aint enough, that should take a bite out of her arse, not yours. Common, skippy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait i dont get it....from what you said, she took it and you got a different room. so its an upgrade for almost nothing right?

thanks for the update. i was thinking about you...in a non gay sort of way o course