Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: Mike Holmgren believes Mark Sanchez will have “fine year” for Jets

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns. of Virginia
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Good response (no surprise there). I can't really argue that, because it's all win for the Jets if Idzik is the type of guy who comes out with a clean shirt every time he puts his hands in the mud. I can't say I'm sold after 5 months on the job, but I'll admit that he's had a good start.



    Funny you bring up that example...don't you think there are a few Chargers fans out there that kinda wish Brees had locked up the position with an outstanding season rather than a pretty good one that got him traded?

    We can round and round on this one though. I think you guys both have good points, guess I'm just more cautious and want it easy for this team for a change.
    I'm with you on the Idzik thing, Green...it remains to be seen whether or not he's the guy who will make the right call when faced with the really tough decisions. What I'm saying isn't meant as a vote of confidence in him -- it's just me saying I hope he gets a chance. To root for the players to make the decisions for him, even if it means them crapping the bed, is to assume he's not capable....and if that's the case, we're going to be mired in mediocrity anyway.

  2. #82
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Except NONE of those guys had ANY success. Sanchez has HAD success, whether anyone wants to admit it, or not.
    Yes, with an elite D and top running game. He rode on their backs, so don't even try to act like he was the reason for our success in 09-10.

  3. #83
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, with an elite D and top running game. He rode on their backs, so don't even try to act like he was the reason for our success in 09-10.
    Gannon had 2 HOF WRs. No Superbowl.

    Say what you want, but accomplishments are accomplishments. No one can take away Sanchez's playoff record.

    Dilfer is a Superbowl winning QB.

    It sucks, but I'd rather be close like we were in 09 and 10 than be 4-12 annually.

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    The point is that Sanchez had little to do with any of that success. Dude straight up sucks and only holds us back.

    Also don't give a damn about his playoff record, either. Even Tim Tebow has a playoff win.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The point is that Sanchez had little to do with any of that success. Dude straight up sucks and only holds us back.

    Also don't give a damn about his playoff record, either. Even Tim Tebow has a playoff win.
    Sanchez has 4 versus 1 for Tebow. Dude was setup to fail last year with no weapons, a mediocre OL, a clueless OC and the TIm Tebow nonsense invading New York and the lockeroom.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez has 4 versus 1 for Tebow. Dude was setup to fail last year with no weapons, a mediocre OL, a clueless OC and the TIm Tebow nonsense invading New York and the lockeroom.
    Whatever ... Dude has sucked for 32 games now.

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Lol, weapons ain't gonna help you when you'd rather throw to DLinemen. Sanchez SUCKS, and if you can't see that then you are BLIND.

  8. #88
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now if you can give me her phone number, name and a date I promise to not post for a year maybe two if I am lucky!!!!
    I only know her name, Lucy Van Pelt

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,088
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez has 4 versus 1 for Tebow. Dude was setup to fail last year with no weapons, a mediocre OL, a clueless OC and the TIm Tebow nonsense invading New York and the lockeroom.
    Yep, Sanchez has won big games for us before, no matter what the revisionists say.

    I think the biggest addition this year will be Morny. With upgraded RBs, OL, TE depth etc on top of that we should be better. If Jets had retained Shoddy or Sparano they'd still find a way to **** the bed.

    I think Sanchez can turn it around. I still remember his game winning heroics against Houston that had everyone giddy. Can't wait for the preseason games.

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    She's just gonna pull it away at the last second. Don't you ever learn? Always go after the 2nd best looking girl. Ignore the best one. The 2nd one will love you for it, and if it doesn't work out the first one will be jealous, because it's never happened before.
    One of these days Charlie's gonna make that kick, keep tryin, Chuck...

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I only know her name, Lucy Van Pelt
    Her name my friend is definitely a lovely start...

    Thank you!!

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Her name my friend is definitely a lovely start...

    Thank you!!
    Hey! What about the little red haired girl? ;-)

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yep, Sanchez has won big games for us before, no matter what the revisionists say.

    I think the biggest addition this year will be Morny. With upgraded RBs, OL, TE depth etc on top of that we should be better. If Jets had retained Shoddy or Sparano they'd still find a way to **** the bed.

    I think Sanchez can turn it around. I still remember his game winning heroics against Houston that had everyone giddy. Can't wait for the preseason games.
    We still have no weapons. When Kellen Winslow, a guy who basically missed last season, is your best receiver you have problems. Sign f*cking Braylon already.

    Morhinweg helps because it's a completely different package on offense so teams won't know exactly what we're doing unlike all those years with Sch*tty and Soprano. Still holding out hope Geno wows us in preseason.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 07-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Meh, doubt Bray would help much. Would be nice to see a familiar face, though.

  15. #95
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, with an elite D and top running game. He rode on their backs, so don't even try to act like he was the reason for our success in 09-10.

    I'm not even saying that he's a good QB, right now..... but, saying that he "rode the backs of an elite D and top running game" is just untrue. You wanna give him all the blame for failures and none of the credit for success..... that's just bullsh1t. He was a rookie, in '09, why shouldn't he have relied on the D and running game? In '10, he WON games for them..... like it or not. 4 different games, in a 5 week stretch, his D gave up late points/leads that HE had to bring the team back from. Revise history, to suit your point, all you want..... it doesn't change what took place.

    Regardless, it doesn't change my original point..... he had SUCCESS. It's a TEAM game, wins and losses are what count. His record in those games + playoff record = success. The ultimate goal is to win the SB, anyway, so, by that standard, he hasn't been successful. However, if you want to go by that criteria, Brady, the Mannings, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Brees, have only won the big game when they had elite Ds..... so, they must not have had any success, either. Don't even try to deny it.

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    No, because those QBs have actually helped their teams win games over a substantial stretch of time. Forgive me for not being impressed by a few wins from ****ing ages ago. Has he had moments? Yes. Bfd. Tebow has had moments. Doesn't mean ****.

    He was a rookie then? Ok, I'll play along. He's forgiven. But since then, he's done nothing but regress and fail. **** him.

    Without our D and Running game carrying him, we're not in the playoffs those years. Heck, thank God for Indy pulling their starters. But, Intchez? Yeah, no. He's done **** all but flash a few times in the pan. Whoa, let me bow down to the mighty Sanchez.
    Last edited by McGinley; 07-05-2013 at 01:56 PM.

  17. #97
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Logical Side of Your Brain
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No, because those QBs have actually helped their teams win games over a substantial stretch of time. Forgive me for not being impressed by a few wins from ****ing ages ago. Has he had moments? Yes. Bfd. Tebow has had moments. Doesn't mean ****.

    He was a rookie then? Ok, I'll play along. He's forgiven. But since then, he's done nothing but regress and fail. **** him.

    Without our D and Running game carrying him, we're not in the playoffs those years. Heck, thank God for Indy pulling their starters. But, Intchez? Yeah, no. He's done **** all but flash a few times in the pan. Whoa, let me bow down to the mighty Sanchez.
    You're a child..... as evidenced by the majority of your posts. You also have a problem with reading comprehension, obviously. Where did I say Sanchez should be bowed down to, or that he's a good QB? Thumping your Internet chest, that Sanchez sucks, doesn't change the fact that Sanchez has HAD success. Oh, if Indy doesn't pull their starters, the Jets don't make the playoffs? You know that, how, based on the HUGE lead that Manning had on them? If Gonzalez doesn't make the TD catch in the Atlanta game, the Jets don't need that Indy win.... that's what playing the "if" game means..... nothing. They didn't need help in 2010, with an 11-5 record, AND, like it or not, Sanchez LED them to 4 of those victories. Without those, and let me do the math for you, it's 7 wins. Again, that's some success. You don't care about playoff victories? Fine, that doesn't change that he's HAD SUCCESS. My original point stands.

  18. #98
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    9,051
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Give me a break...no chance
    No chance? None at all? With an actual offensive coordinator, an actual QB coach for the first time in his career and what is shaping up to be a decent OL and running game - seriously - NO chance?

  19. #99
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    No chance? None at all? With an actual offensive coordinator, an actual QB coach for the first time in his career and what is shaping up to be a decent OL and running game - seriously - NO chance?
    You are going to LOVE the preseason.

  20. #100
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,965
    Saying Sanchez had no part in those big wins is over the top, period. He sucked last year, everyone knows that. The rest of the offense sucked too. Going into the season everyone knew it was gonna suck. Remember?

    Also the Jets did not have an elite defense in 2009 and 10. It was very good, not elite. Manning torched the 09 defense when it mattered.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us