Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Holmgren believes Mark Sanchez will have “fine year” for Jets

Veteran
    Another thing ppl are not realizing is that Sanchez is not a FA after this season.

I think everyone thinks he is done after this year because of the guaranteed money but he still has 2 years after that I believe. Idzik doesnt have to re-sign him if he has a good year he is already under contract.

Renegotiate after this year is an option if he plays well but most likely to a more cap friendly deal. If not then they cut him with little penalty.

Obviously, Holmgren, a Super Bowl Champion head coach knows more about QBing than any of us numskulls do, so I say, hopefully he's right and Sanchez turns out to b a solid West Coast Offense QB. That would be a good thing.

A lot of people gave up on guys like Jim Plunkett, Vinny Testaverde, etc...

Ya never know...
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 07-03-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Obviously, Holmgren, a Super Bowl Champion head coach knows more about QBing than any of us numskulls do, so I say, hopefully he's right and Sanchez turns out to b a solid West Coast Offense QB. That would be a good thing.

A lot of people gave up on guys like Mark Plunkett, Vinny Testaverde, etc...

Ya never know...
    I admit it, I gave up on Mark Plunkett and Matt Hoyer too

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I admit it, I gave up on Mark Plunkett and Matt Hoyer too
    Oops, meant Jim Plunkett

Jets Insider VIP

Ya never know...
    Your position makes far to much sense out here!

Ya never know...
    Rich Gannon
    Drew Brees
    Alex Smith to a lesser degree

Not that I think Sanchez will become Brees 2.0, but I want a good QB for a change. We'll see.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oops, meant Jim Plunkett
    I knew that

just joshing with you

its not like confusing Florida State with Florida when defending your murdering TE

seriously though, Mark Sanchez is closer to Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf than he is to Plunkett, Brees and those others mentioned in this thread

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rich Gannon
    Drew Brees

Not that I think Sanchez will become Brees 2.0, but I want a good QB for a change. We'll see.
    Brees and Plunkett won 1, and 2 SB's. The rest are worthless we need a real good QB, and Jet fans deserve a real good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Rich Gannon
    Drew Brees

+1

Brad Johnson just popped into my head

if one of us gets in the mood to look it up we can probably find alot more guys who were left 4 dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Brees and Plunkett won 1, and 2 SB's. The rest are worthless we need a real good QB, and Jet fans deserve a real good QB.
    Rich Gannon SHOULD have won 2 SB's

The Tuck play killed him and Gruden's idiot replacement, forgot his name, never changed the wording and audibles of Gruden's Raider offense, otherwise they would have won that one, too
    Gannon was a helluva QB

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    +1

Brad Johnson just popped into my head

if one of us gets in the mood to look it up we can probably find alot more guys who were left 4 dead...
    I think Williams, Dilfer, and Warner are the only SB winners left.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Your position makes far to much sense out here!
    Just following your lead, Chuck...😎

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Thank you.
    I want the Jets to win BECAUSE of our QB, not IN SPITE of him.
    And we do deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is holmgren the "cleveland years" talking.

The holmgren "packers years" would have cut this turd already.
    Awesome thought and probably true..😎👍

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rich Gannon SHOULD have won 2 SB's

The Tuck play killed him and Gruden's idiot replacement, forgot his name, never changed the wording and audibles of Gruden's Raider offense, otherwise they would have won that one, too
    Gannon was a helluva QB
    From his 11th year on he was..

Holmgren is nothing but another Sanchez apologist!!!

Why what the hell does this man really know about offense and QB play in the NFL?!!! Nothing right!!! He can't see Sanchez in accuracy problems? He lauds Sanchez mechanics when he came out of college but many on this board have said Sanchez has no mechanics!!! And well their opinion on butt fumble boy is good enough for me.

I for one am sick and tired of these championship winning HCs who have developed Outdtanding QBs in the past running to the defense of Sanchez when they obviously don't have a clue of how to win and develop QB play in the NFL!!!

It is simple Holmgrem sucks!!!
    Yea, what an idiot! 😎

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I knew that

just joshing with you

its not like confusing Florida State with Florida when defending your murdering TE

seriously though, Mark Sanchez is closer to Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf than he is to Plunkett, Brees and those others mentioned in this thread

Except NONE of those guys had ANY success. Sanchez has HAD success, whether anyone wants to admit it, or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just following your lead, Chuck...��
    Now if you can give me her phone number, name and a date I promise to not post for a year maybe two if I am lucky!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Another thing ppl are not realizing is that Sanchez is not a FA after this season.

I think everyone thinks he is done after this year because of the guaranteed money but he still has 2 years after that I believe. Idzik doesnt have to re-sign him if he has a good year he is already under contract.

Renegotiate after this year is an option if he plays well but most likely to a more cap friendly deal. If not then they cut him with little penalty.
    That's why I said we're not keeping him if he plays okay. He's too expensive next year. Not to worry. If Geno doesn't overtake Sanchez, we'll be signing another veteran, and drafting another QB. I believe Idzik will do this until we roll a hard 6. He learned this in Seattle.

All Pro
    Now if you can give me her phone number, name and a date I promise to not post for a year maybe two if I am lucky!!!!
    She's just gonna pull it away at the last second. Don't you ever learn? Always go after the 2nd best looking girl. Ignore the best one. The 2nd one will love you for it, and if it doesn't work out the first one will be jealous, because it's never happened before.