Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police shoot and kill Dog.

Hey, the guy WAS stupid for doing that, no question.

But the reason he did was because he saw the Officer(s) who beat him down and broke his ribs.

Personally, if it were me, I would have let it go and not tried to bust their balls...
    He wanted to give the guy who broke his ribs a piece of his mind. Also, he clearly knew he was gonna be arrested and I'm guessing he was assumed it was worth it.

There was NO reason to shoot that dog.

And I don't "hate cops" I just hate cops who think they are above the law and act like a bunch of Aaron Hernandez's with badges.
    The only discipline these pricks face is a PAID VACATION at WORST!

BIG difference. And I've actually considered becoming a cop! I have several family members who are, actually!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He wanted to give the guy who broke his ribs a piece of his mind. Also, he clearly knew he was gonna be arrested and I'm guessing he was assumed it was worth it.
    You do realize he chose to do this during an active police operation, wherein he chose to attract the attention of the perimeter security cops ? How long did they try to ignore him before he forced the issue with his unhinged attention seeking street theatre?

I can only speak as one who has walked the walk.

Love to hear the story behind the broken ribs, if this is the caliber of miscreant we are dealing with. We just watched a mouth-breathing dullard sentence his dog to death, whether your hand-wringing countenance can conceive of it..... or not.

It is...what it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Let's all stop for a second and be reminded of the time Mitt Romney put his dog on the roof of a car.

Republicans and their War on Dogs. When will it stop?
    when we're all invited to the White House for doggy snacks? And by doggy snacks, I mean snacks made out of real doggies.

Lots of dooshbaggery in that video, but none on the part of the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You do realize he chose to do this during an active police operation, wherein he chose to attract the attention of the perimeter security cops ? How long did they try to ignore him before he forced the issue with his unhinged attention seeking street theatre?

I can only speak as one who has walked the walk.

Love to hear the story behind the broken ribs, if this is the caliber of miscreant we are dealing with. We just watched a mouth-breathing dullard sentence his dog to death, whether your hand-wringing countenance can conceive of it..... or not.

It is...what it is.
    Like I said, the guy appears to be a completely ignorant jackass and he probably had a Rotty because he wasn't allowed to get a Pit legally.

You can tell by how he was yanking the dog's leash trying to look like a badass.

He deserved a beatdown, again... No reason to shoot that dog tho.
    He could have EASILY put it in the car and rolled up the window.
    And yes, he put the dog in the car, but the window was down too far to keep the dog from squeezing out when it felt his owner was in danger.
    So, again, idiot guy dog owner not paying attention.
    Still no need to shoot the dog.

Also, they had finished getting the people in the house in custody before they ever approached him.
    In the VERY beginning of the video you can see the people coming out with their hands up before the idiot even pulled up.
    The "danger" was gone.
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 07-03-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

So, the dog becoming increasingly upset and aggressive, lunging at the cops, whom also had to now contain a prisoner....was a controlled situation?

Should they have attempted a Vulcan death grip? I can tell you from experience that a tazer or mace would have not worked in this time frame.

A fluid, chaotic situation is what it is.....

This jerk-arse bought a ticket...and he saw the show...and killed his doggie.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's be fair, if that guy had put the dog in the vehicle and closed the windows then the dog may have died from heat exhaustion. Then, this guy would be charged with animal cruelty in ADDITION to the other charges he was facing. So instead of killing the dog in the car he left the windows down so the dog could jump out and commit canine suicide by cop. The dog may have also been part of the Latin Kings. We just don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's be fair, if that guy had put the dog in the vehicle and closed the windows then the dog may have died from heat exhaustion. Then, this guy would be charged with animal cruelty in ADDITION to the other charges he was facing. So instead of killing the dog in the car he left the windows down so the dog could jump out and commit canine suicide by cop. The dog may have also been part of the Latin Kings. We just don't know yet.
    LOL... I think closing the windows around halfway or so would have worked.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL... I think closing the windows around halfway or so would have worked.
    Let's not nit pick.

A dog is dead.

Might not be a bad idea for LEOs to carry Snausages to offer oncoming canines.

To avoid is kind of carnage and such.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    So, the dog becoming increasingly upset and aggressive, lunging at the cops, whom also had to now contain a prisoner....was a controlled situation?

Should they have attempted a Vulcan death grip? I can tell you from experience that a tazer or mace would have not worked in this time frame.

A fluid, chaotic situation is what it is.....

This jerk-arse bought a ticket...and he saw the show...and killed his doggie.

-
    Amen.

Never a shortage of people looking to blame the police for their self inflicted stupidity. I guess they should've tried to reason with Rotty by asking him to get back into his car.

No reason to shoot that dog tho.
    He could have EASILY put it in the car and rolled up the window.
    And yes, he put the dog in the car, but the window was down too far to keep the dog from squeezing out when it felt his owner was in danger.
    So, again, idiot guy dog owner not paying attention.
    Its not the movies chief.... you want the officer to taze or mace a moving, lunging dog?

The guy put his dog in a situation that got the dog killed. **** that guy.

All League
    I hate these idiots with their phones ready to film every move the police make. No matter what danger the police may be in, or the crime being committed, where they may actually be able to help, their priority is to capture the police doing something wrong. Get a freakin life

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Amen.

Never a shortage of people looking to blame the police for their self inflicted stupidity. I guess they should've tried to reason with Rotty by asking him to get back into his car.
    NO...FF2 has it right. ALL Police now carry sausage, cooked, flavored and holstered for quick dispense.

Toss the dog a sausage, when he is done, if he still is angry THEN and ONLY THEN shoot the dog.

For a German Shepard, I recommend, Bratwurst.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NO...FF2 has it right. ALL Police now carry sausage, cooked, flavored and holstered for quick dispense.

Toss the dog a sausage, when he is done, if he still is angry THEN and ONLY THEN shoot the dog.

For a German Shepard, I recommend, Bratwurst.
    And for French Poodles, I suggest something from JT's product line.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Did you see the amount of squad cars? They asked him to turn it down. So what should he have done? Turn it down, that second. I feel horrible for the dog, but two common cents would've saved its life
    Say what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Say what?
    He means two pennies that look similar.

All League
    He means two pennies that look similar.
    Thank you

Guy should have kept driving...when I have my kids in the car..the last thing I would do is stop at a scene like this as you don't know what could happen..I would be away from there as fast as I could...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cops shoulda just ignored him.
    But once the dog jumped out they had no choice but to protect themselves. Sad to witness because all the dog did was love its owner.

i love dogs and we've had a few Rottweilers in my family, so it's really sad for me to see this dog get shot and writhe in agony.

that being said, i don't blame the cops one bit. an angry Rottweiler can do some serious damage, they had to protect themselves.

this is 100% on the owner. should've shot him, and arrested the dog