Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguars showing redzone channel in stadium, hope jets follow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Corporations, successful ones, make expensive decisions that are backed up by data and research.

The data says you are in the minority... no offense, but nobody cares about what you like.
    I know I am in the minority. I am a purist when it comes to going to a game. I prefer my games to be held @ 1pm on Sundays in front of a packed house with everyone in their seats cheering as loud as they can.

I can do without the apps, la-z-boy seats, sushi, etc. All I want is decent parking and no line if/when I have to take a piss.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know I am in the minority. I am a purist when it comes to going to a game. I prefer my games to be held @ 1pm on Sundays in front of a packed house with everyone in their seats cheering as loud as they can.

I can do without the apps, la-z-boy seats, sushi, etc. All I want is decent parking and no line if/when I have to take a piss.
    They make some pretty streamlined depends.Hardly noticeable. Granted, you will need to still change it out, but with much less frequency.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    They make some pretty streamlined depends.Hardly noticeable. Granted, you will need to still change it out, but with much less frequency.

Luckily I can hold my water pretty well. GUARD YOUR MANHOOD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNV6XLWXAlE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You are indeed old fashioned and in the minority.

You are no 'purist', though. Just a guy who's a decade behind the rest of us, missing out on some of the benefits that current technology is able to provide.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jaguars are doing it because it gives their fans another option for their four or five home blowouts every season.

The Jets, and really no team, should ever do this.

If you want to watch other games, stay home. Focus and give your full attention to your team when you're paying hundreds of dollars a Sunday to attend the game. The place is like a morgue enough as it is without idiots' heads turned to the jumbo-trons.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Gimme a break. Do you know what kind of research is out there demonstrating we live in an era where people split their attention between multiple screens?

Last time I looked at the numbers, it was something like 90% of all smartphone owners use their devices while watching TV. People, maybe not you, can handle watching the game and the jumbotron at teh same time.

It's not like all the crazy crap that's been played on the jumbotron since it's inception has been a detriment to the live game experience... where was the outrage then, when they started showing "kiss cam" or "fans dancing" on the jumbotron? How could people possibly pay attention to the plays on the field, when the jumbotron is showing the cheerleaders? Or the league stats leaders? Or advertisments?

Did you know that the average football game only has about 11 minutes worth of actual live action? Here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...055561406.html

The rest is just standing around.

Playing the big plays around the league on the jumbo is a brilliant idea.
    If you need to watch a phone or a screen stay home. Most of us in the stands feel that way.

What the fuc(k is the point? Sorry, no need for it if you're into watching football. I'll never get it, most don't.

Cheerleaders on screen, you think thats the same as pouring over highlights of players around the league or more to my point stats? Brilliant? Not for most fans of the game, only those who think how many minutes are actual plays in a game is a new phenomena

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If you need to watch a phone or a screen stay home. Most of us in the stands feel that way.

What the fuc(k is the point? Sorry, no need for it if you're into watching football. I'll never get it, most don't.

Cheerleaders on screen, you think thats the same as pouring over highlights of players around the league or more to my point stats? Brilliant? Not for most fans of the game, only those who think how many minutes are actual plays in a game is a new phenomena

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

DDNYJETS, I am actually with you on this. When the Jets sent out a survey last year to season ticket holders that was actually my bolded statement, have more games at 1:00. Personally, I can't make it to Night games and watch those games home, selling my tickets. A 1:00 game also brings as you mentioned more fans out to the stadium. In relation to this thread though, I don't need all the fancy foods, since I usually eat a hero before the game, but I like that they have been showing more replays and clips/high lights of other games when teams score. That makes it fun for fantasy football reasons.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they start Sanchez this season, there will be plenty of 1 PM games next season and the one prime time game required.

That's what you get when you win 2 or 3 games and buttfumble the rest of them away

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    DDNYJETS, I am actually with you on this. When the Jets sent out a survey last year to season ticket holders that was actually my bolded statement, have more games at 1:00. Personally, I can't make it to Night games and watch those games home, selling my tickets. A 1:00 game also brings as you mentioned more fans out to the stadium. In relation to this thread though, I don't need all the fancy foods, since I usually eat a hero before the game, but I like that they have been showing more replays and clips/high lights of other games when teams score. That makes it fun for fantasy football reasons.
    The league makes the schedule. And like sg3 said, the amount of 1pm games you get is in direct relation to how they think your season is going to go.

I am not opposed to playing anything during timeouts or half time. They have to fill the time with something and like others have noted, there has been plenty of research that has gone in to these decisions. I just think they should do what they can to try to keep the fans in their seats and focused on the game. Seems to me like everything they add to the experience only serves to distract from the game. I do not play fantasy football so anything that has to do with fantasy is of little importance to me.

I am a low-maintenance fan when it comes to the stadium and amenities. The only thing I demand is a decent football team on the field.