Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Early renewal sweepstakes prize.

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    you keep saying nice prize man....what did you get?!?!? A day trip to a bible retreat with Timmy Tebow?? LOL!!
    suite tickets to a regular season game

  2. #22
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    suite tickets to a regular season game
    ok..that is a sweet prize!! what game? do you get choices?

  3. #23
    Those who have won recently can you let us know if you are on the ACH debit program? I paid in full already so I guess I'm out of luck.

  4. #24
    I had three members of my tailgate win.

    Two paid in full immediately, one paid in four payments. All are regular PSL holders. On one Preseason Club tickets to the Eagles game, another a Mangold autographed football and another a tour of the Florham Park facility.

    For what it's worth ...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I had three members of my tailgate win.

    Two paid in full immediately, one paid in four payments. All are regular PSL holders. On one Preseason Club tickets to the Eagles game, another a Mangold autographed football and another a tour of the Florham Park facility.

    For what it's worth ...
    I got the your but that wasnt a prize. I know people who did not pay their bill and got invited to that. I got mine like 36 hrs before the date. Talk about last minute.

  6. #26
    ahhhh im waiting to hear from someone who is a Non PSL ticket holder about winning. The shadyness of the jets ticket office continues

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ahhhh im waiting to hear from someone who is a Non PSL ticket holder about winning. The shadyness of the jets ticket office continues
    Was it open to non-psl tickets?

  8. #28
    I got an email about winning an autographed football a couple
    Months ago. They emailed me back a couple weeks later telling me that my Nick Mangold autographed ball would be sent within a few days. Got it in the mail a week later.

    I didn't even know I was registered to win any prizes, I just left my account as is and didn't respond to any of the emails about paying early to be enrolled into the prize lottery program. My payments are automated.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ahhhh im waiting to hear from someone who is a Non PSL ticket holder about winning. The shadyness of the jets ticket office continues
    I have $4000 PSL seats and I have yet to hear about winning any prize. I also sent my check the day I received my invoice. I'm not holding my breath though, I don't foresee any great "prizes" in my future except a PSL bill coming this fall.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
    I have $4000 PSL seats and I have yet to hear about winning any prize. I also sent my check the day I received my invoice. I'm not holding my breath though, I don't foresee any great "prizes" in my future except a PSL bill coming this fall.
    I paid off my PSL bill rather than deal with the chinese water torture of the annual bill.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    I won a pair of passes to the Green Room. Free food, free alcohol, mingle with the stars. A $1500 value!" screams the email.

    TWO (2) GREEN ROOM TICKETS FOR YOU AND ONE (1) GUEST TO A 2013 JETS REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME
    (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE =$1,500)*

    Sounds great, right?

    Well, not so fast. I talked to them today after they sent me an email asking me which game I wanted to go to. I exchanged a few emails asking for details......

    The Green Room passes do not include seating in the bowl. They are SRO passes. And I wasn't sure if I understood them at first, so I asked that they call me........these are passes to the Green Room, not tickets to the game. You still have to use your regular tickets to get into the stadium, you cannot take two extra friends to the game, give them your normal seats, and you go mingle with the VIP's.

    Now, my situation is a bit different than most. I don't drink. I am on a strict diet and most stadium food will be off limits to me. I already have club seats, so I have the use of a covered club area with big screen TV's, couches and tables. And my regular seats include seats outside to watch the game, the Green Room doesn't offer seats outside, just a patio with a few seats and tables.

    And this is the topper for me. When I was told I won back in June or July, I had to fill out some notarized affidavit and give them my SS#. It seems they are going to issue a 1099 tax form for the value of the tickets.

    I am not sure what everyone else's tax bracket is, but mine is about 28%. So I will be paying 28% of $1500...or $420 in tax on this "gift"

    Gee, thanks Woody.

    I talked to a nice young lady on the phone and once we cleared everything up, I told her to tell the Jets I'd rather not receive a gift that will cost me the price of two of my tickets. I wish I just won a football.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    I won a pair of passes to the Green Room. Free food, free alcohol, mingle with the stars. A $1500 value!" screams the email.

    TWO (2) GREEN ROOM TICKETS FOR YOU AND ONE (1) GUEST TO A 2013 JETS REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME
    (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE =$1,500)*

    Sounds great, right?

    Well, not so fast. I talked to them today after they sent me an email asking me which game I wanted to go to. I exchanged a few emails asking for details......

    The Green Room passes do not include seating in the bowl. They are SRO passes. And I wasn't sure if I understood them at first, so I asked that they call me........these are passes to the Green Room, not tickets to the game. You still have to use your regular tickets to get into the stadium, you cannot take two extra friends to the game, give them your normal seats, and you go mingle with the VIP's.

    Now, my situation is a bit different than most. I don't drink. I am on a strict diet and most stadium food will be off limits to me. I already have club seats, so I have the use of a covered club area with big screen TV's, couches and tables. And my regular seats include seats outside to watch the game, the Green Room doesn't offer seats outside, just a patio with a few seats and tables.

    And this is the topper for me. When I was told I won back in June or July, I had to fill out some notarized affidavit and give them my SS#. It seems they are going to issue a 1099 tax form for the value of the tickets.

    I am not sure what everyone else's tax bracket is, but mine is about 28%. So I will be paying 28% of $1500...or $420 in tax on this "gift"

    Gee, thanks Woody.

    I talked to a nice young lady on the phone and once we cleared everything up, I told her to tell the Jets I'd rather not receive a gift that will cost me the price of two of my tickets. I wish I just won a football.
    wow

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    I won a pair of passes to the Green Room. Free food, free alcohol, mingle with the stars. A $1500 value!" screams the email.

    TWO (2) GREEN ROOM TICKETS FOR YOU AND ONE (1) GUEST TO A 2013 JETS REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME
    (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE =$1,500)*

    Sounds great, right?

    Well, not so fast. I talked to them today after they sent me an email asking me which game I wanted to go to. I exchanged a few emails asking for details......

    The Green Room passes do not include seating in the bowl. They are SRO passes. And I wasn't sure if I understood them at first, so I asked that they call me........these are passes to the Green Room, not tickets to the game. You still have to use your regular tickets to get into the stadium, you cannot take two extra friends to the game, give them your normal seats, and you go mingle with the VIP's.

    Now, my situation is a bit different than most. I don't drink. I am on a strict diet and most stadium food will be off limits to me. I already have club seats, so I have the use of a covered club area with big screen TV's, couches and tables. And my regular seats include seats outside to watch the game, the Green Room doesn't offer seats outside, just a patio with a few seats and tables.

    And this is the topper for me. When I was told I won back in June or July, I had to fill out some notarized affidavit and give them my SS#. It seems they are going to issue a 1099 tax form for the value of the tickets.

    I am not sure what everyone else's tax bracket is, but mine is about 28%. So I will be paying 28% of $1500...or $420 in tax on this "gift"

    Gee, thanks Woody.

    I talked to a nice young lady on the phone and once we cleared everything up, I told her to tell the Jets I'd rather not receive a gift that will cost me the price of two of my tickets. I wish I just won a football.
    Are they non-transferrable as well?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    I won a pair of passes to the Green Room. Free food, free alcohol, mingle with the stars. A $1500 value!" screams the email.

    TWO (2) GREEN ROOM TICKETS FOR YOU AND ONE (1) GUEST TO A 2013 JETS REGULAR SEASON HOME GAME
    (APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE =$1,500)*

    Sounds great, right?

    Well, not so fast. I talked to them today after they sent me an email asking me which game I wanted to go to. I exchanged a few emails asking for details......

    The Green Room passes do not include seating in the bowl. They are SRO passes. And I wasn't sure if I understood them at first, so I asked that they call me........these are passes to the Green Room, not tickets to the game. You still have to use your regular tickets to get into the stadium, you cannot take two extra friends to the game, give them your normal seats, and you go mingle with the VIP's.

    Now, my situation is a bit different than most. I don't drink. I am on a strict diet and most stadium food will be off limits to me. I already have club seats, so I have the use of a covered club area with big screen TV's, couches and tables. And my regular seats include seats outside to watch the game, the Green Room doesn't offer seats outside, just a patio with a few seats and tables.

    And this is the topper for me. When I was told I won back in June or July, I had to fill out some notarized affidavit and give them my SS#. It seems they are going to issue a 1099 tax form for the value of the tickets.

    I am not sure what everyone else's tax bracket is, but mine is about 28%. So I will be paying 28% of $1500...or $420 in tax on this "gift"

    Gee, thanks Woody.

    I talked to a nice young lady on the phone and once we cleared everything up, I told her to tell the Jets I'd rather not receive a gift that will cost me the price of two of my tickets. I wish I just won a football.

    Green room is a four star restaurant with great chefs from NYC> It is high end restaurant quality food, think $300 a couple in Manhattan.

    Also minor celebs go there for free and they are required to chit chat with you. You even get a list a few days before and you can pick your favorite to come sit with you.

    It has nothing to do with seats. Any Season ticket holder can buy these expensive tickets.

    In my opinion unless it is a 50 birthday, you love to eat and drink great food and a celeb you like is there that day it is not worth it.

    Ray Romano, Kevin James, Klecko, Joe Namath might be there. But remember real celebs go to real games. This year opening day, Steelers, Pats or Saints might be some celebs, Bills, Raiders, Browns and Dolphins you would be lucky to see Ray Romanos gardner.

  15. #35
    BTW back of 134 high rows have open seats where day of game green room people can usually sit for free. Not guranteed. But usually.

    So you would be best to sell your seats. Get super cheap horrible seats to get in. Also can you put the seats in the lowest income person you know like grandma so taxes are not owed

  16. #36
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    Are they non-transferrable as well?
    I asked that question....they were transferable......but I would get the 1099 and the tax bill..

  17. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    BTW back of 134 high rows have open seats where day of game green room people can usually sit for free. Not guranteed. But usually.

    So you would be best to sell your seats. Get super cheap horrible seats to get in. Also can you put the seats in the lowest income person you know like grandma so taxes are not owed
    I thought about all that...buy a pair of upper deck seats for cheap on Stubhub, try and minimize the taxes....that sort of thing.

    But my gut just told me it wasn't worth it. This was a "prize" I won. Just not worth it.

  18. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Green room is a four star restaurant with great chefs from NYC> It is high end restaurant quality food, think $300 a couple in Manhattan.

    Also minor celebs go there for free and they are required to chit chat with you. You even get a list a few days before and you can pick your favorite to come sit with you.

    It has nothing to do with seats. Any Season ticket holder can buy these expensive tickets.

    In my opinion unless it is a 50 birthday, you love to eat and drink great food and a celeb you like is there that day it is not worth it.

    Ray Romano, Kevin James, Klecko, Joe Namath might be there. But remember real celebs go to real games. This year opening day, Steelers, Pats or Saints might be some celebs, Bills, Raiders, Browns and Dolphins you would be lucky to see Ray Romanos gardner.
    I might pay $300 a couple for a nice dinner with my wife in NYC. That makes sense.

    But $420 for some free food, no matter how fancy, at a football game is too rich for my blood.

    And the fact that they told me I "won" something that would cost me hundreds sticks in my craw....

  19. #39
    maybe the jets will do what Oprah did many yrs ago when she gave her audience free cars or something like that, she paid the taxes. hopefully the jets will cover that too.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,553
    I actually won two prizes: The first being a replica jersey, with my choice of name and number(went with #82, Shuler), and the second being the Nick Mangold football. Still haven't received the jersey yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us