Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ads in posts?

Ads in posts?

What's up with these ads in people's comments? That's really annoying. Can we disable those?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What's up with these ads in people's comments? That's really annoying. Can we disable those?
    No ads on the VIP side..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    No ads on the VIP side..
    leave the BS at the door wen u come in here bc this aint V I P!!!.. check it! Real mofo JET fans here...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    leave the BS at the door wen u come in here bc this aint V I P!!!.. check it! Real cheap mofo JET fans here...
    I agree with you there..

Jets Insider VIP
    No ads on the VIP side..
    +1

pony up the annual subscription, cheapos

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree with you there..
    I prefer to spend my money on cocaine and hookers, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Yup, no ads on the VIP side!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Oh, you must be a Patriots fan!

I agree with you there..
    There isn't enough Jets News 4 VIP rt now.. Im not Rich but im not poor either.. Far frm Cheat dude! Not Kool!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Does $29.95 buy you much cocaine and hookers?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    All my friends are HOOKERS!

Just get Adblock. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Hey you can party hard with 29.95.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just get Adblock. Problem solved.

+ 1

There's Adblockers for just about every computer, tablet, and even your iPhone. I haven't seen an ad on this site (nor any) in ages and I'm not a VIP. They speed up the load time of pages too...

Charging people 30 dollars yearly to block ads, and a few other small features is a rip off. It's like when AOL fooled people into paying for the Internet back in the day. Save that money and give it to charity or whatever floats your boat...

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    + 1

There's Adblockers for just about every computer, tablet, and even your iPhone. I haven't seen an ad on this site (nor any) in ages and I'm not a VIP. They speed up the load time of pages too...

Charging people 30 dollars yearly to block ads, and a few other small features is a rip off. It's like when AOL fooled people into paying for the Internet back in the day. Save that money and give it to charity or whatever floats your boat...
    Right? I mean, I love JI, but LOL @ paying 30 bucks to block an ad. I better get a personalized, autographed t shirt from Deegs for that.

+ 1

You are paying $30 to keep the site up. My view is $30 is 2 drinks with a date. Big deal.

If you get some enjoyment from JI....then $30 is peanuts.

You guys who wont pay $30..... hate to be a waiter for you.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You are paying $30 to keep the site up. My view is $30 is 2 drinks with a date. Big deal.

If you get some enjoyment from JI....then $30 is peanuts.

You guys who wont pay $30..... hate to be a waiter for you.
    +1.

For the amount of time I spend on this site in a year, $30 annually is one of the biggest bargains I enjoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    +1.

For the amount of time I spend on this site in a year, $30 annually is one of the biggest bargains I enjoy.
    Plus it goes to a good cause and there's a good chance this years shirt wont have Teblow on it

Oh, 30 annually? I thought monthly at first. That's not a bad deal. Still, adblock > all.

+ 1

Charging people 30 dollars yearly to block ads, and a few other small features is a rip off.
    It's like when AOL fooled people into paying for the Internet back in the day. Save that money and give it to charity or whatever floats your boat...

That seems a little disingenuous. The charge is set up as a way to pay for the servers, time, effort that Sooth and co. put into the site. There's no demand that you pay it, but to turn around and say, "save that money and give it to charity..." is nice, but you could just as easily say, "save that money you spend on a month of coffee (or 2 6 packs of beer, or whatever) and give the site a few bucks for all the enjoyment it provides you." I was a VIP in the past, and I'm not currently, but to classify the charge as a "rip-off" is a little ridiculous.