Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secretary of State Kerry kayaking and on yacht as Egypt coup unfolded

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Secretary of State Kerry kayaking and on yacht as Egypt coup unfolded

(CNN) - After the emergence of photographs showing Secretary of State John Kerry on his 76-foot yacht “Isabel” on Nantucket Sound on Thursday, the State Department issued an embarrassing correction Friday morning, back-tracking and acknowledging that the Secretary was in fact on the yacht on Wednesday, the day the Egyptian military staged a coup against democratically-elected Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy.

Originally, State Department officials were quick to deny a Wednesday tweet from CBS News’ Mosheh Oinounou that: “A @CBSThisMorning producer just spotted Secretary of State Kerry on yacht in the Nantucket Boat Basin. No response when she shouted ‘Morsi.’

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki issued a statement Wednesday saying “any report or tweet that he was on a boat is completely inaccurate.”

“Since his plane touched down in Washington at 4 am, Secretary Kerry was working all day and on the phone dealing with the crisis in Egypt,” Psaki said. “He participated in the White House meeting with the President by secure phone and was and is in non-stop contact with foreign leaders, and his senior team in Washington and Cairo.”

But overnight, photographs emerged showing Kerry on “Isabel” and taking in some kayaking on Thursday.

The New York Daily News just published some of them.

On Friday morning, Psaki issued a second statement, acknowledging that Kerry was “briefly on his boat on Wednesday.”

She went on to say that “Secretary Kerry worked around the clock all day including participating in the President’s meeting with his national security council, and calls with Norwegian Foreign Minister Eade, Qatari Foreign Minister al-Attiyah, Turkish Foreign Minister Davutoglu, Egyptian Constitution Party President ElBaradei and five calls Ambassador Patterson on that day alone and since then he continued to make calls to leaders including Emirati Foreign Minister bin Zayed, Prime Minister Netanyahu and Egyptian Foreign Minister Amr.”

An administration official added that none of those calls happened while Kerry was on his boat.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...of-egypt-coup/

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1391014

Oh jeebus! He's gonna fall out of that dingy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1391014

Oh jeebus! He's gonna fall out of that dingy.
    If he gets a booboo maybe they'll give him another Purple Heart.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now they are saying he was on his yacht. I forgot he is a kept man.

Thank God he was never elected President. Vote or Die.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Now they are saying he was on his yacht. I forgot he is a kept man.

Thank God he was never elected President. Vote or Die.
    Thank god...especially since the nation did so spectacularly well on both the foreign and domestic fronts with the genius that beat him out

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ketchup been berry berry good to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A rich buffoon in an administration full of buffoons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Have to agree. The poor smart guys of the last administration were much better. They gave us unprecedented massive attacks on our homeland, two idiotic wars spilling American blood, and the worst financial collapse since the Hoover administration. Geniuses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Have to agree. The poor smart guys of the last administration were much better. They gave us unprecedented massive attacks on our homeland, two idiotic wars spilling American blood, and the worst financial collapse since the Hoover administration.

Geniuses.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Have to agree. The poor smart guys of the last administration were much better. They gave us unprecedented massive attacks on our homeland, two idiotic wars spilling American blood, and the worst financial collapse since the Hoover administration. Geniuses.
    Revisionist history right there. Quite unbecoming for a veteran.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revisionist history right there. Quite unbecoming for a veteran.
    So deedee, none of those things happened between January 2001 -January 2009????

Oh I forgot, they were ALL Clinton's fault

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So deedee, none of those things happened between January 2001 -January 2009????

Oh I forgot, they were ALL Clinton's fault
    Happened? Yes. But to say that Bush "gave us" 9/11 is ignorant. And I know that you know better than that.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happened? Yes. But to say that Bush "gave us" 9/11 is ignorant. And I know that you know better than that.
    It was all Clintons fault.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not only ignorant, it's embarrassing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So people actually give a crap where this buffoon was?

I could care less if he was partying with Gronk in a nightclub shirtless....

They have more than one person in Congress dealing with the crisis in Egypt, don't they?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So people actually give a crap where this buffoon was?

I could care less if he was partying with Gronk in a nightclub shirtless....

They have more than one person in Congress dealing with the crisis in Egypt, don't they?
    I think many people who realize that the Secretary of State isn't a member of Congress might give a crap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coulda been worse. He could have been hammered drunk on a 3 day bender like Nixon was when Egypt invaded Israel in the Yom Kippur War.

Seriously, there is a friggin coup of some country somewhere every day of the year. So Kerry is supposed to be chained to a desk in a basement somewhere b/c Egypt's anti-Israeli military dictator gets overthrown by his own flunkies?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I think many people who realize that the Secretary of State isn't a member of Congress might give a crap.
    yeah that would be a problem, wouldn't it.

Now if you'll excuse me. I need to go find a rock to hide under.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody is depriving Kerry of vacation time. The difference here is that we had advanced warning of this happening b.c Morsi was given an ultimatum. I am no expert but I would think that the Secretary of State might want to be at work when something like this is going down.

Well now that I am thinking about it, I think we are better off with Kerry on his yacht rather than having him deal with our (fr)enemies.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Listen, Obama doesn't need any help when it comes to being an impotent "leader" and doing nothing. Cut Kerry some slack.