Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Secretary of State Kerry kayaking and on yacht as Egypt coup unfolded

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Listen, Obama doesn't need any help when it comes to being an impotent "leader" and doing nothing. Cut Kerry some slack.
    impotent?

    I think Michelle would agree with that assessment.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nobody is depriving Kerry of vacation time. The difference here is that we had advanced warning of this happening b.c Morsi was given an ultimatum. I am no expert but I would think that the Secretary of State might want to be at work when something like this is going down.

    Well now that I am thinking about it, I think we are better off with Kerry on his yacht rather than having him deal with our (fr)enemies.
    Given the realities of technology here in 2013, I have no doubt Kerry was fully connected and working from his yacht, videoconferences and all.

    Not while kayaking, though.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Coulda been worse. He could have been hammered drunk on a 3 day bender like Nixon was when Egypt invaded Israel in the Yom Kippur War.

    Seriously, there is a friggin coup of some country somewhere every day of the year. So Kerry is supposed to be chained to a desk in a basement somewhere b/c Egypt's anti-Israeli military dictator gets overthrown by his own flunkies?
    Egypt isn't "some country somewhere". It's a tremendously influential portion of the most volatile area of the world

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Egypt isn't "some country somewhere". It's a tremendously influential portion of the most volatile area of the world
    And what's Kerry supposed to be doing? Stopping the overthrow of Morsi? The guy hates America and Israel which was why he was elected. Maybe Kerry should be sending in diplomats and special forces to stop the Islamic Brotherhood and Al Queda from fighting eachother. That's it.

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Stopping the overthrow of Morsi? The guy hates America and Israel which was why he was elected.
    And it's also why Obama was -- and is -- backing him, and why Obama sent him tanks and planes and billions of our tax dollars.

    Our president: what a patriot.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post


    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1391014

    Oh jeebus! He's gonna fall out of that dingy.
    I urinate on you "pee"ons! How dare you question the ruling class.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    And it's also why Obama was -- and is -- backing him, and why Obama sent him tanks and planes and billions of our tax dollars.

    Our president: what a patriot.
    Don't be an idiot

  8. #28
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Don't be an idiot
    Yeah ok. Tell that to this guy

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=169483379901173

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    And what's Kerry supposed to be doing?
    Working, not Yachting.

    /endthread.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    And what's Kerry supposed to be doing? Stopping the overthrow of Morsi? The guy hates America and Israel which was why he was elected. Maybe Kerry should be sending in diplomats and special forces to stop the Islamic Brotherhood and Al Queda from fighting eachother. That's it.
    Morsi was Obama's hand picked man. They now have egg on their face because the Egyptian people no he's not. By the way where are all the rockets stolen in Libya?

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,129
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    And it's also why Obama was -- and is -- backing him, and why Obama sent him tanks and planes and billions of our tax dollars.

    Our president: what a patriot.
    What do you expect?

    Come out of the closet . . . get a personal call from Barry telling you how brave you are. Son is murdered by terrorists while heroically defending our embassy . . . administration tells you that they will find a guy that made a video.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Have to agree. The poor smart guys of the last administration were much better. They gave us unprecedented massive attacks on our homeland, two idiotic wars spilling American blood, and the worst financial collapse since the Hoover administration.


    Geniuses.
    as opposed to the this administration, which actually is shredding the Constitution.
    Last edited by quantum; 07-08-2013 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Have to agree. The poor smart guys of the last administration were much better. They gave us unprecedented massive attacks on our homeland, two idiotic wars spilling American blood, and the worst financial collapse since the Hoover administration. Geniuses.
    bill clinton

    Bill cinton and his cohorts running and LOOTING fannie and freddie.
    DARE me to prove it!!!
    With dumbocrat intel and approval
    You gonna talk Sht here son, bring your a-game. I gots da facts to back up what I write.
    Last edited by acepepe; 07-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Don't be an idiot
    It's odd that the administration seemed throughout this thing to stand by Morsi over the protesters. This is a Muslim Brotherhood man that has userped the Arab Spring and his subsequent election to attempt to create a constitution which stifles plurality in Egypt in favor of Sharia style Islamic Rule. He blocked secular parties from participation or a say in the new government and went against the ideals preached in the revolution there. Add in the fact that he represents a terrorist group of a political party in Egypt and one wonders why Obama stood by him throughout this thing.

    I have a theory. If I wasn't so down on Barry and this administration in general I would suspect that we stayed out of the way in order not to taint the current uprising as having been incited by America. In a way it gives us cover there as an honest broker. That said I don't have the faith that this bumbling administration could come up with such a tactic.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us