Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 393

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    They're still in the hunt for the SB every year, so there's still a possibility that they might continue.

    Belichick's's been much more successful with Brady than Don Shula (another cheater btw) was with Dan Marino.

    Belichick managed to lead the Pats in 2008 to the best record in the AFCE, with a QB that someone here just referred to as Fraud Cassell, who was forced into the starters job at the beginning of the first game.

    Belichick's defensive game plan that helped the Giants defeat the Bills way back when is on display at the NFL HOF.

    When I look at all of the people who were together with him in Cleveland, it looks like a who's who of NFL brainiacs. In that sense I'd have to say that the Browns messed up the most. Belichick would have probably stayed there forever.
    Im not bashing Belichik. There is no question he is a brilliant coach. But I do believe he has also had that reputation elevated by having Brady. I think he would have success with him. but no where the level he has now

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Huh?
    What I mean is that our season comes down almost 100% to offense. The main question is whether Rex will let Geno start even if clearly ahead of Sanchez. Rex's biggest weakness is blind allegiance to his guys, especially veterans, who he only sees as the players they were in their prime. I worry that Rex sees Sanchez only as the guy that took ME to two AFCG, and not the worst starting QB in the NFL that he is.

    We have questions at receiver, but to be honest, I think that Sanchez is a big part of the reason that our receivers seem bad. People say Sanchez is brought down by his receivers but I think it is the opposite.

    Running back was upgraded significantly, and TE might surprise with the Aussie and Winslow if he can stay healthy.

    So if Rex can get out of his own way, I think the Jets offense has a chance. If Geno can play decently we have the chance to be good because our defense will be much improved this year.

    Lots of IFs there, so because of the offense the Jets could easily win 4 or less or 10 or more. They have the talent, but whether the offense comes around makes our success so unpredictable.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Im not bashing Belichik. There is no question he is a brilliant coach. But I do believe he has also had that reputation elevated by having Brady. I think he would have success with him. but no where the level he has now
    For sure the Pats and Belichick hit the jackpot with Brady. He has a great combination of competitive fire and a big brain.

    I also think all HC's that have been a success have had either a top QB, a top defense or both.

  4. #204
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    For sure the Pats and Belichick hit the jackpot with Brady. He has a great combination of competitive fire and a big brain.

    I also think all HC's that have been a success have had either a top QB, a top defense or both.
    All HCs that have been a success EXCEPT Beliache DONT CHEAT FOR EIGHT seasons to do so.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Lots of IFs there, so because of the offense the Jets could easily win 4 or less or 10 or more. They have the talent, but whether the offense comes around makes our success so unpredictable.
    I wish I had your optimism/point of view. I do not see the same talent you see. The defense still has to prove it will be able to stop the run and we downgraded at safety - and who knows what Barnes will bring. The 2012 Barnes or the 2011 Barnes? Was the 2011 Barnes a fluke? Where is the outside pass rush? Coples? Maybe. But you're right in saying it's more on the offense than anything else. It's about getting Geno in there ASAP and seeing what he can become, because you know what Sensitive 6 is not - a franchise QB.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You could be right about the phins. I don't pay too much attention to what other teams do besides the Patsies (and that's only because I live in Maine and work with a lot of ma$$holes). It also occurs to me that their additions were a lot like the Buffalo Bills, all for not.

    But based on paper, just like the Bills last season, you would think they would be better this season.

    We'll see.
    The thing with the phins is yes they did overpay for Wallace,he does however make Hartline a great #2 receiver (who Tannyhill has great confidence in),Keller is a cheap 1 yr rental with a strong upside, Grimes is a cheap 1 yr rental, the linebackers replace two older slower lbs at the same price, Drafting Jordan gives Wake and last years rookie from Miami(cannt remember his name), more holes to rush through. The reports about Miller at RB are scary as far as potential. A lot of Miamis season depends on the development of the o-line and Tannyhill. However this team can have almost as much cap room as the Jets next year as well. People seem to forget they were comfortable in letting in Jake Long , Reggie Bushand Karlos Dansby walk

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The thing with the phins is yes they did overpay for Wallace,he does however make Hartline a great #2 receiver (who Tannyhill has great confidence in),Keller is a cheap 1 yr rental with a strong upside, Grimes is a cheap 1 yr rental, the linebackers replace two older slower lbs at the same price, Drafting Jordan gives Wake and last years rookie from Miami(cannt remember his name), more holes to rush through. The reports about Miller at RB are scary as far as potential. A lot of Miamis season depends on the development of the o-line and Tannyhill. However this team can have almost as much cap room as the Jets next year as well. People seem to forget they were comfortable in letting in Jake Long , Reggie Bushand Karlos Dansby walk
    We'll see.
    Much has to go right for the Fins. Many, many teams in this league have tried to buy wins by signing a bunch of big name free agents.
    I think Keller has been overrated since he's been here, but maybe I'll eat my words if Tannyhill clicks with him, but there is a reason why Dustin as a true free agent only got a one year deal in the open market with 31 teams.
    If you look at the Jets loss last year at MetLife, we handed them that game on a silver platter with huge TOs and self inflicted Gaffes on special teams.
    Will their Oline come together?
    Letting your LT anchor go is always a chancy proposition as you never know what you have until the bullets start flying.
    Jet fans are very familiar with this...see Wayne Hunter.
    Plus our offense was so predictable & Greene was the worst type of plodding slow out of the gate RB vs the Fins defense.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I wish I had your optimism/point of view. I do not see the same talent you see. The defense still has to prove it will be able to stop the run and we downgraded at safety - and who knows what Barnes will bring. The 2012 Barnes or the 2011 Barnes? Was the 2011 Barnes a fluke? Where is the outside pass rush? Coples? Maybe. But you're right in saying it's more on the offense than anything else. It's about getting Geno in there ASAP and seeing what he can become, because you know what Sensitive 6 is not - a franchise QB.
    We downgraded (slightly) at Safety but also upgraded at CB. We will be much better against the run this year. We sucked against the run last year because Bart Scott and Calvin Pace were both slow sh*t and Pouha had a back plus David Harris was never healthy. Scott and Pouha are both gone and Pace is not starting. If Harris is even close to 100% we will be much better.


    I love our defense this season. I love our d-line players and I think Coples is going to be a stud.

  9. #209
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    363
    AFC East is wide open this year, with a slight favorite with the Pats because of Brady, the relative inexperience of the 'Phins, the retooling of the Jets and rebuilding of the Bills.

    If Pats fans keep thinking they will in without Brady, they are delusional beyond belief. That man has been so good, he has single-handedly elevated that team for years now. Sure, pre-2008, no, they had a great D. But since 2009 or so, Brady and the offensive line that makes sure he is rarely touched is the reason they win the division and contend every year. That stops, they stop.

    (Always shocked to see how many Jets fans think this is a tear-down/rebuild. It is not. Retool. It will go or fail based on if Sanchez or Geno can protect the ball and throw some touchdowns. Our D will be solid and the O simply needs to improve and put points up and keep turnovers down, and this will be a solid ballclub.)

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    What I mean is that our season comes down almost 100% to offense. The main question is whether Rex will let Geno start even if clearly ahead of Sanchez. Rex's biggest weakness is blind allegiance to his guys, especially veterans, who he only sees as the players they were in their prime. I worry that Rex sees Sanchez only as the guy that took ME to two AFCG, and not the worst starting QB in the NFL that he is.

    We have questions at receiver, but to be honest, I think that Sanchez is a big part of the reason that our receivers seem bad. People say Sanchez is brought down by his receivers but I think it is the opposite.

    Running back was upgraded significantly, and TE might surprise with the Aussie and Winslow if he can stay healthy.

    So if Rex can get out of his own way, I think the Jets offense has a chance. If Geno can play decently we have the chance to be good because our defense will be much improved this year.

    Lots of IFs there, so because of the offense the Jets could easily win 4 or less or 10 or more. They have the talent, but whether the offense comes around makes our success so unpredictable.
    I agree alot with this. Rex is going to have to learn how to crack the whip better as his players age if he wants to get the full potential out of them. Until he does he will struggle and ultimately fail IMO. Lets hope he can learn from his mistakes because changing coaches again would suck.

  11. #211
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Not sure that Pats fans are delusional about winning without Brady.

    Where has anyone here said they will be still on top of the AFC after TB retires?

    Sorry guys/gals. I'm just enjoying the ride while it lasts and I'm sure every Patriot fan is doing the same. It's not every day you get to watch a QB like him lead a team. I've only seen a few as good and they don't come along often.


  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Not sure that Pats fans are delusional about winning without Brady.

    Where has anyone here said they will be still on top of the AFC after TB retires?

    Sorry guys/gals. I'm just enjoying the ride while it lasts and I'm sure every Patriot fan is doing the same. It's not every day you get to watch a QB like him lead a team. I've only seen a few as good and they don't come along often.

    Nicely worded ... My brother is a massive Pats fan ... He is fully aware that once Brady retires ... The Pats will once again sink into oblivion.

    It took me many years to acknowledge the guys greatness ... There is simply no denying it.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    We'll see.
    Much has to go right for the Fins. Many, many teams in this league have tried to buy wins by signing a bunch of big name free agents.
    I think Keller has been overrated since he's been here, but maybe I'll eat my words if Tannyhill clicks with him, but there is a reason why Dustin as a true free agent only got a one year deal in the open market with 31 teams.
    If you look at the Jets loss last year at MetLife, we handed them that game on a silver platter with huge TOs and self inflicted Gaffes on special teams.
    Will their Oline come together?
    Letting your LT anchor go is always a chancy proposition as you never know what you have until the bullets start flying.
    Jet fans are very familiar with this...see Wayne Hunter.
    Plus our offense was so predictable & Greene was the worst type of plodding slow out of the gate RB vs the Fins defense.
    I think Dolphins fans have good reason to be excited, as well as Jets and other teams fans have reason to doubt them. For some reason there is a stigma with spending alot of money in free agency. But for the most part, I just think you have to be smart with how you do it, and I think it is a little unfair to use spending money as a reason a team will be worse.

    Also, besides Mike Wallace, I think us dolphins fans are mainly excited because of what we saw in Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller last year. I think most people were pretty impressed with the way Tannehill played in comparison to the expectations, and Miller looks like he is going to be a stud. We also have alot of young players that are getting better. We had a pretty good defense last year, and it should be even better this year.

    If Tannehill makes the improvements most think he will, and Lamar Miller is the real deal and not all hype, we should be in the playoffs, or at least in the race up till the last week.

    A while ago I would've never said we could compete with the patriots for the afc east, but after everything that has happened in the offseason, I don't think it is completely out of the question to do just that. I think we will have to be at least 10-6 if not 11-5 to do it, but I also think that is possible.

    I think the Jets are going to be roughly the same as last year, right around 6-10. I do think they are a little better, but they also face a tougher schedule. The jets may actually follow a similar plan to what the dolphins did. Have a few good drafts, stock pile on draft picks and cap space, then when the time is right, use the resources to push the team over the top.

  14. #214
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,503
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    What I mean is that our season comes down almost 100% to offense. The main question is whether Rex will let Geno start even if clearly ahead of Sanchez. Rex's biggest weakness is blind allegiance to his guys, especially veterans, who he only sees as the players they were in their prime. I worry that Rex sees Sanchez only as the guy that took ME to two AFCG, and not the worst starting QB in the NFL that he is.
    OK, where does this come from? Where and when did this nonsense happen???

  15. #215
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Not sure that Pats fans are delusional about winning without Brady.

    Where has anyone here said they will be still on top of the AFC after TB retires?

    Sorry guys/gals. I'm just enjoying the ride while it lasts and I'm sure every Patriot fan is doing the same. It's not every day you get to watch a QB like him lead a team. I've only seen a few as good and they don't come along often.

    The countless number of posts that are simply answered Matt Castle say you're wrong.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We downgraded (slightly) at Safety ....

    I love our defense this season. I love our d-line players and I think Coples is going to be a stud.
    We downgraded at safety MASSIVELY.

    What makes you thin Coples is going to beast as an OLB ???

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    OK, where does this come from? Where and when did this nonsense happen???
    E Smith
    B Scott
    M Sanchez
    To some degree C Pace

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    I think Dolphins fans have good reason to be excited, as well as Jets and other teams fans have reason to doubt them. For some reason there is a stigma with spending alot of money in free agency. But for the most part, I just think you have to be smart with how you do it, and I think it is a little unfair to use spending money as a reason a team will be worse.

    Also, besides Mike Wallace, I think us dolphins fans are mainly excited because of what we saw in Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller last year. I think most people were pretty impressed with the way Tannehill played in comparison to the expectations, and Miller looks like he is going to be a stud. We also have alot of young players that are getting better. We had a pretty good defense last year, and it should be even better this year.

    If Tannehill makes the improvements most think he will, and Lamar Miller is the real deal and not all hype, we should be in the playoffs, or at least in the race up till the last week.

    A while ago I would've never said we could compete with the patriots for the afc east, but after everything that has happened in the offseason, I don't think it is completely out of the question to do just that. I think we will have to be at least 10-6 if not 11-5 to do it, but I also think that is possible.

    I think the Jets are going to be roughly the same as last year, right around 6-10. I do think they are a little better, but they also face a tougher schedule. The jets may actually follow a similar plan to what the dolphins did. Have a few good drafts, stock pile on draft picks and cap space, then when the time is right, use the resources to push the team over the top.
    I agree that the fins have the most to look forward to this season ... That being said ... I don't think we know what we have in the Jets for the following reasons.

    1. QB
    2. Midget no. 2 receiver posing as no. 1
    3. Stone Hands no. 2 receiver
    4. No TE
    5. New RB ... Said to be fragile
    6. Coples playing OLB for first time.
    8. Rookie CB
    9. No safety ... Please stop w the Dawan is a lot like Laron comments ... Please.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-20-2013 at 07:59 AM.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Nicely worded ... My brother is a massive Pats fan ... He is fully aware that once Brady retires ... The Pats will once again sink into oblivion.

    It took me many years to acknowledge the guys greatness ... There is simply no denying it.
    It took some Pats fans time also, even after Brady had led them to their first SB win. The wounds from the Brady/Bledsoe war are gone, but it was quite a battle at the time.

  20. #220
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    It took some Pats fans time also, even after Brady had led them to their first SB win. The wounds from the Brady/Bledsoe war are gone, but it was quite a battle at the time.
    There were almost NO pats fans until Walt Coleman's boner created the NFL's first ever double elimination playoffs in 2002. And when Tammy heads off to her gigantic Cali ghey bathhouse after 2014, all the bandwagoneer chowds like you will go back to rooting for your Giants

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us