Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    He'll never get over losing David Givens.
    It must have crushed him.
    I hear he still has dreams about him running through a golden field with a gentle breeze toward his open arms...
    Only to awake just before their embrace in a Bill/Bob sandwich.
    Poor fellow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    It must have crushed him.
    I hear he still has dreams about him running through a golden field with a gentle breeze toward his open arms...
    Only to awake just before their embrace in a Bill/Bob sandwich.
    Poor fellow.
    That was David Patten.

He'll never get over losing David Givens.
    That was Deion Branch.

Hall Of Fame
    That was David Patten.
    At least he may be able to have conjugals with AHern, being MA doesn't do the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Deep threat has what exactly to do with throwing the ball often? Yes the Pats didn't have a deep threat. They did have the best TE in the league on one side and another on the other. They also had a 100 catch a year slot guy.

Losing your 3 best receivers shouldn't make a difference....tra, la, la....

But hey, you're the Giants, ugh, Pats fan, who needs to tell you this.

In 2011, they had a fully healthy Gronk and Hernandez breaking records and Brady threw for 5,000 yards ... they were 20th in rushing.

In 2012, Gronk and Hernandez missed a ton of games and were rarely on the field together... they finished 7th in rushing.

If the Pats' ability to run the ball is so dependent on all of these playmakers, why did they make that huge jump when those playmakers were on the field LESS? Could it be because in 2011 their lead halfback was Law Firm, who is a total JAG, and in 2012 they upgraded to Ridley, who got the majority of carries and had a 1200 yard rushing season?

I never said the Pats' running game was elite, but they have some playmakers and can move the ball on the ground if the passing game isn't on full throttle. Ridley isn't a JAG.

Veteran
    Tom Brady 1 year ago today...

"Life is good, I have 2 great tight ends, Welker, and no quarterback controversy"

Are you guys serious? I'm the biggest Pat hater out but they have the best TE in football, elite HC/QB/OL. Great LB core and solid secondary. Mayo/Spikes/Hightower and Talib/Dennard/Arrington with Wilson/Mccourty at Safety. Where is our talent outside of Wilkerson/Cro and the emergence of Coples. And that's not even including our weakness at offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Tom Brady 1 year ago today...

"Life is good, I have 2 great tight ends, Welker, and no quarterback controversy"
    I think he woke up this morning still not worried about that one.

Rookie
    I heard TB has nightmares about Timmy taking over at QB

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I think he woke up this morning still not worried about that one.
    You underestimate the circus

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Are you guys serious? I'm the biggest Pat hater out but they have the best TE in football, elite HC/QB/OL. Great LB core and solid secondary. Mayo/Spikes/Hightower and Talib/Dennard/Arrington with Wilson/Mccourty at Safety. Where is our talent outside of Wilkerson/Cro and the emergence of Coples. And that's not even including our weakness at offense.
    I'd agree with you on Gronk but he's extremely injury prone and so is Amendola. You think that's a "Great LB core?" The secondary is putrid with 0 pass rush and if the offense isn't dominating time of possession like years past it is going to get exposed big-time.

Even if Gronk is healthy we can put Cro on him or even Millner depending on what he looks like in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'd agree with you on Gronk but he's extremely injury prone and so is Amendola. You think that's a "Great LB core?" The secondary is putrid with 0 pass rush and if the offense isn't dominating time of possession like years past it is going to get exposed big-time.

Even if Gronk is healthy we can put Cro on him or even Millner depending on what he looks like in preseason.
    Do you even follow the Pats beyond ESPN from 2 years ago? Talib is a legit corner, and McCourty actually had one of the best safety seasons in the league. They never had consistency at the position for the entire year. If they get that the defense will be around league average.

I guess you can just assume Gronk and Amendola will be out but until they are, they are still going to play this season, especially Amendola.

Millner and Richardson have never played an NFL down but they are automatically awesome, while Jones, Hightower, and all of the Pats draft picks are going to suck.

Excellent analysis, please tell us more.

By the way, McCourty was a near-elite free safety last season and is better than anyone the Jets put out there this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

In 2011, they had a fully healthy Gronk and Hernandez breaking records and Brady threw for 5,000 yards ... they were 20th in rushing.

In 2012, Gronk and Hernandez missed a ton of games and were rarely on the field together... they finished 7th in rushing.

If the Pats' ability to run the ball is so dependent on all of these playmakers, why did they make that huge jump when those playmakers were on the field LESS? Could it be because in 2011 their lead halfback was Law Firm, who is a total JAG, and in 2012 they upgraded to Ridley, who got the majority of carries and had a 1200 yard rushing season?

I never said the Pats' running game was elite, but they have some playmakers and can move the ball on the ground if the passing game isn't on full throttle. Ridley isn't a JAG.
    Don't think you're getting this.

The passing game sets up the Pats running game. That they dont have a lot of yardage changes nothing. This is what happens when you stare at numbers. The were 20th? Good, without the passing game they would have been 32nd.

Only someone who has no clue how the game is played will sit here spewing numbers trying to show that the pats would be able to run as effectively without their passing game. Not total yardage, effective.

Don't think you're getting this.

The passing game sets up the Pats running game. That they dont have a lot of yardage changes nothing. This is what happens when you stare at numbers. The were 20th? Good, without the passing game they would have been 32nd.

Only someone who has no clue how the game is played will sit here spewing numbers trying to show that the pats would be able to run as effectively without their passing game. Not total yardage, effective.
    They were 20th in 2011. They had the 7th most rushing yards in the league in 2012... a quick look at the ones above them reveals RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam being the QBs for those teams. And yet, somehow, the Pats managed 7th without the threat of the QB running.

So your contention is that the Pats will have no passing game this season? I don't want to argue over and over, so let's start with that contention.

PS, the passing game sets up every team's running game in today's NFL. nobody stacks the box against any team regularly anymore. Shonn Greene faced that 39% of the time last year. I know it should have been 100% in some Jets fans' eyes, but it wasn't the case.

The Pats can run the ball if they have to. Deal with it.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-22-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They were 20th in 2011. They had the 7th most rushing yards in the league in 2012... a quick look at the ones above them reveals RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam being the QBs for those teams. And yet, somehow, the Pats managed 7th without the threat of the QB running.

So your contention is that the Pats will have no passing game this season? I don't want to argue over and over, so let's start with that contention.

PS, the passing game sets up every team's running game in today's NFL. nobody stacks the box against any team regularly anymore. Shonn Greene faced that 39% of the time last year. I know it should have been 100% in some Jets fans' eyes, but it wasn't the case.

The Pats can run the ball if they have to. Deal with it.
    Here we go, another who needs to hear it slow. Without the 2 TEs and Welker the passing game wont be the same. Teams will play the Pats differently. You can say they can run it anytime they want all you want. We'll see. That you argue this as fact, as if my contention is out of left field based on nonsense says it all.

Like it or not. No matter how many different ways you try and make this into the extreme. Your team isn;t like all other NFL teams, your team was completely dependent on Brady. He sets the tone, sets what the D will do and allows a average at best OL and below average group of backs productive.

Stop with the nonsense already.

Here we go, another who needs to hear it slow. Without the 2 TEs and Welker the passing game wont be the same. Teams will play the Pats differently. You can say they can run it anytime they want all you want. We'll see. That you argue this as fact, as if my contention is out of left field based on nonsense says it all.

Like it or not. No matter how many different ways you try and make this into the extreme. Your team isn;t like all other NFL teams, your team was completely dependent on Brady. He sets the tone, sets what the D will do and allows a average at best OL and below average group of backs productive.

Stop with the nonsense already.
    You don't want to discuss football. "Everybody except Brady sucks" is the basis of your football analysis. You aren't alone, most Jets fans are clinging to this concept. You can talk better than this if you wanted to.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-23-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Rookie
    Nut always has a great analysis of why the Patriot's will be worse off this year than the previous. Nothing to see here. Move along.

His great insight, along with Ray's, is always a fun read for Pat fans.

Good news for Patriot haters. Gronk,Ballard,Edelman have all been put on PUP to start TC.

What will Brady ever do now???

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Good news for Patriot haters. Gronk,Ballard,Edelman have all been put on PUP to start TC. What will Brady ever do now???
    To quote Bradies GF "He can't throw and catch the ball."

So, I'm not sure what he'll do.

This stat needs to be reiterated for those not paying attention: Adrian Peterson won the MVP and rushing title and faced 8 men in the box only 43% of the time.

I guess defenses really respected Christian Ponder.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Veteran
    Are you comparing ben vereen to adrian peterson??