Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, this may very well be true. The record I think will be better than 9-7, more like 10-6 or higher, but we aren't that far apart in our opinions.

But here's the problem...

They are still the best team in the division. They'll be getting Gronk back at some point this season and that will make them much better. They'll have Danny Amendola and I think BB sees something in him and Brady will make him a good player. That's what good QB's do.

I do not believe the Jets have a shot at the division. I think that is silly. We are way too young, inexperienced, and undeveloped, raw to be considered anything better than 5-11. We still have no FS and that will cost this defense, In fact, I think this is the worst defense of the Rex Ryan era.

On offense, we got better, but how much better? Really, all we did was get better via addition by subtraction. We got rid of underperforming slugs like Shonn Greene and Jason Smith, but how did we honestly get better?

We added some OL, sure. But they aren't going to hit the ground running and I certainly do not believe they be able to win in December when the running game is a necessity.

It's also a major stretch to think Geno Smith will be very good. He didn't play in a pro style offense. He's going to need time to develop. In fact, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Geno can even beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

My prediction is the Dolphins and Patsies neck and neck for the division right through the end of the season.

The Jets do not make the playoffs.
    Nice writing but I can't agree with you the "youth" part. I also believe our defense will perform and I can see us at least 7-9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Case against Hernandez for July 2012 double murder is building momentum

Posted by Mike Florio on July 23, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT

Getty Images
    At a time when a grand jury in Bristol County, Massachusetts likely is closing in on an indictment of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez for the June 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd, a grand jury in Suffolk County, Massachusetts could likewise indict Hernandez for the July 2012 shooting deaths of Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu.

Two unnamed law-enforcement officials tell Maria Cramer of the Boston Globe that prosecutors have begun making the case to a grand jury that Hernandez should be charged with two more counts of murder.

The process involves evidence only from the prosecution, with no defense presented by Hernandez’s lawyers and a low standard of proof. If the grand jury believes probable cause exists to conclude that Hernandez is guilty, the grand jury can issue an indictment.

Still, few prosecutors seek an indictment unless they believe that the higher standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt can be met at trial.

Absent testimony from one or more persons who witnessed Hernandez fire the shots that killed Furtado and Abreu, the case against Hernandez will be based on circumstantial evidence. That doesn’t mean he’ll be acquitted; still, it’s always easier to prove the case when there’s a witness who can credibly say that he or she saw the defendant do what he allegedly did.

The leak comes at a convenient time for prosecutors in Bristol County, creating an unwanted distraction during the last-minute preparations by Hernandez’s legal team for Wednesday’s probable cause hearing in the Odin Lloyd murder case.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's guilty of even ONE of those murders, they should fry his azz.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Do you even follow the Pats beyond ESPN from 2 years ago? Talib is a legit corner, and McCourty actually had one of the best safety seasons in the league. They never had consistency at the position for the entire year. If they get that the defense will be around league average.

I guess you can just assume Gronk and Amendola will be out but until they are, they are still going to play this season, especially Amendola.

Millner and Richardson have never played an NFL down but they are automatically awesome, while Jones, Hightower, and all of the Pats draft picks are going to suck.

Excellent analysis, please tell us more.

By the way, McCourty was a near-elite free safety last season and is better than anyone the Jets put out there this year.
    Everyone is overlooking the possibility of Ras-I Dowling staying healthy. If he does he could be the best of the bunch for all we know. He has looked good in his very limited action.

Btw, here's the transcript of Belichick's presser today on AH. He hit it out of the park.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...day-afternoon/

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Everyone is overlooking the possibility of Ras-I Dowling staying healthy. If he does he could be the best of the bunch for all we know. He has looked good in his very limited action.

Btw, here's the transcript of Belichick's presser today on AH. He hit it out of the park.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...day-afternoon/
    He showed sympathy, duh, smart. He said they would have to change how they vet players. Not sh1t.

Then he refused to answer anything about AH's past. What the Pats knew, what they didn't know.

Only in NE is that hitting it out of the park.

BTW, why are 2 Pats fans having a circle jerk on a Jet board while talking Pats?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    He showed sympathy, duh, smart. He said they would have to change how they vet players. Not sh1t.

Then he refused to answer anything about AH's past. What the Pats knew, what they didn't know.

BTW, why are 2 Pats fans having a circle jerk on a Jet board while talking Pats?
    I can't speak for other Pats fans, but I'm here because the title of the thread caught my eye.

If you actually read the transcript you'd see that he said more than that during the Q&A.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you even follow the Pats beyond ESPN from 2 years ago? Talib is a legit corner, and McCourty actually had one of the best safety seasons in the league. They never had consistency at the position for the entire year. If they get that the defense will be around league average.

I guess you can just assume Gronk and Amendola will be out but until they are, they are still going to play this season, especially Amendola.

Millner and Richardson have never played an NFL down but they are automatically awesome, while Jones, Hightower, and all of the Pats draft picks are going to suck.

By the way, McCourty was a near-elite free safety last season and is better than anyone the Jets put out there this year.

BAN

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    The Dolphins will be this years Eagles (Dream Team) of 2 seasons ago.
    The phins are a differeent team then the Eagles of two years ago,the phins have a ton of young phin drafted talent. Lamar Miller,who will have at least 1200 yds rushing if healthy,Tannyhill,Oliver Vernon,Jones at safety,pouncey at center ,hartline, etc. these guys are the real deal and then they added the number one wideout in free-agency,signed Keller to 1 yr deal (who is looking good in camp),signed Grimes to 1 yr deal(looking great in camp), signed 2 very athletic lbers who fit into their system Wheeler and Ellebe(who also can both rush the hxll out of the qb0 add these to Cameron Wake and one of he most promising 2 nd yr players in Oliver Vernon (remember this guys name because he will be great) and add the number 3 player in the draft in Dion Jordan. These guys should lead be in the top five in the league in sacks. They still have a great rotation of dts against the run. The o-line is at least good. The phins should win the AFC east and go a ways toward the super bowl. The good thing is the are still a very young team

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

What past are you referring to? he got into a fight when he was 17 and a freshman and was busted by the team for smoking pot multiple times. Besides that I know of no other issues at Florida. since he has been in the league prior to this year he never even got a speeding ticket.

I love how teams knew he was a bad guy but never said a word while he kept his nose clean (as far as we can tell) for the first three years in the league.

The guy led a double life, For three years he played the good soldier while all the while he was a gangbanger or at least a guy that continued to associate with thugs. To think that Polian/Seifert with Carruth, Pioli/Crennnel with Belcher or BB/Kraft knew or suspected that any of those three players were capable of murder is faulty.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but your secondary sucks I don't care what you say. The worst QB in the world Mark Sanchez threw for over 600 yards in two starts facing Talib, McCourty and co.

Oh, and I took a break from getting my news from ESPN 2 years ago and noticed this tidbit about Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard and Julian Edelman:

http://nesn.com/2013/07/rob-gronkows...p-on-pup-list/

Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Julian Edelman to Start Patriots Training Camp on PUP List

Rob Gronkowski is still working his way back from a few offseason surgeries, and he won’t be on the field when the Patriots open training camp this Friday.

Gronkowski is one of four Patriots who will begin camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Gronkowski, who is still recovering from back and forearm surgeries, will be joined by tight end Jake Ballard (knee) and wide receiver Julian Edelman, who is still recovering from foot surgery.

Ballard, who didn’t play in 2012 while recovering from ACL/microfracture surgery, was a full participant in many of the offseason OTAs and minicamp. He spent a lot of time working with Tom Brady during drills but never looked fully comfortable running routes or cutting on his surgically repaired knee. He also sprained his ankle during one of the Patriots’ final OTAs.

Edelman’s 2012 season came to an abrupt end in December when he broke his foot. Edelman re-injured the foot during the offseason, requiring some “cleanup” surgery, and was unable to practice with the team during the offseason. He was seen briefly on the field catching passes during the offseason, which is at least a sign that he’s making progress.

With three of the Patriots’ primary receiving targets heading into the season unable to begin camp on time, some of the young guys should be given extra opportunities. That means rookie receivers like Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce and Kembrell Thompkins as well as rookie tight end Zach Sudfeld will have more chances to either make the roster or further establish themselves in the Patriots’ offense.

Nick McDonald, a versatile backup offensive lineman, was also placed on the active/PUP list. He continues to battle an undisclosed ailment that also kept him from participating in offseason workouts or minicamp.

Three other players will also open up camp on the shelf, listed with non-football related ailments. Defensive lineman Armond Armstead was placed on the non-football illness list while rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie center Matt Stankiewitch were placed on the non-football injury list.

But hey, at least Hymendola is still in between injuries!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm sorry but your secondary sucks I don't care what you say. The worst QB in the world Mark Sanchez threw for over 600 yards in two starts facing Talib, McCourty and co.

Oh, and I took a break from getting my news from ESPN 2 years ago and noticed this tidbit about Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard and Julian Edelman:

http://nesn.com/2013/07/rob-gronkows...p-on-pup-list/

Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Julian Edelman to Start Patriots Training Camp on PUP List

Rob Gronkowski is still working his way back from a few offseason surgeries, and he won’t be on the field when the Patriots open training camp this Friday.

Gronkowski is one of four Patriots who will begin camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Gronkowski, who is still recovering from back and forearm surgeries, will be joined by tight end Jake Ballard (knee) and wide receiver Julian Edelman, who is still recovering from foot surgery.

Ballard, who didn’t play in 2012 while recovering from ACL/microfracture surgery, was a full participant in many of the offseason OTAs and minicamp. He spent a lot of time working with Tom Brady during drills but never looked fully comfortable running routes or cutting on his surgically repaired knee. He also sprained his ankle during one of the Patriots’ final OTAs.

Edelman’s 2012 season came to an abrupt end in December when he broke his foot. Edelman re-injured the foot during the offseason, requiring some “cleanup” surgery, and was unable to practice with the team during the offseason. He was seen briefly on the field catching passes during the offseason, which is at least a sign that he’s making progress.

With three of the Patriots’ primary receiving targets heading into the season unable to begin camp on time, some of the young guys should be given extra opportunities. That means rookie receivers like Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce and Kembrell Thompkins as well as rookie tight end Zach Sudfeld will have more chances to either make the roster or further establish themselves in the Patriots’ offense.

Nick McDonald, a versatile backup offensive lineman, was also placed on the active/PUP list. He continues to battle an undisclosed ailment that also kept him from participating in offseason workouts or minicamp.

Three other players will also open up camp on the shelf, listed with non-football related ailments. Defensive lineman Armond Armstead was placed on the non-football illness list while rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie center Matt Stankiewitch were placed on the non-football injury list.

But hey, at least Hymendola is still in between injuries!

Ballard came off the PUP already. If Dennard is gone or out for a while, then yeah, that's a bigger problem and I revise my prediction, because he's the only other DB who can actually play man.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I missed on that one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Not quite. They are a garbage team that got pretty much the best possible first round draw of any possible AFC opponent.

At least three games in the regular season went their way due to late and VERY SUSPECT penalties called suspiciously against their opponents.

If the Jets had won that Week 2 game where Brady was held to -4 yards passing, they would not have even had a first round Bye.

They will be exposed next week in Denver by an actual team. Right now you're seeing Brady and a bunch of Elmers glue, which is great for Elementary School projects (the pathetic Colts and Andrew Doofus) but not so great when you need to actually glue together something real.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

9-7 will likely win the AFC East.
    Nice to get a terrible defense for the 1st round of the playoffs

Now another AFC CHampionship

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Nice to get a terrible defense for the 1st round of the playoffs

Now another AFC appearance
    (fixed) image.jpg

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peyton Manning, Mr. "8 one and dones" himself, the Great White Hope of JI.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey at least you manned up and ate crow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not too shabby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yikes.
    You're going to be one sad, sad panda around week 11, week 12.

The Patriots don't need to blow teams out of the water by 30 points to win football games. They only need to win by 1. They may have lost some offensive production from last season, but they did fine without Hernandez last year, still have Gronk, have Amendola, Edelman, a top 5 rushing game, a very strong offensive line, Tom Brady, the new kid Aaron Dobson, etc.

In other words, they have plenty to out score other football teams. They may not have games locked up by the end of the 1st half like last season, but they're still going to out produce pretty much every other AFC team on the offensive side of the ball.

The real kicker though is their defense. Last season they were #9 in points allowed with a +25 turn over ratio (+25 is crazy). This was without Talib and without their new safety Rodney Harrison has a boner for (don't remember his name). This was also with Chandler Jones injured for a lot of the season.

The Patriots defense might honestly be really good this year for a change, and if that's the case they'll in the very least be back in the AFC Championship game and better than they were last year.

The only team I can see that could stand in the way of the Patriots this year would be Denver, and Belichick has Denver's number lately. Everytime they play the Broncos, the Broncos get buried. That and Peyton isn't a reliable quarterback in the play offs. The Texans, the Bengals, and everyone else that is looking to step forward is going to have to prove it on the field before I'm willing to believe it, especially after what happened to Houston last year.

Even if you were right, which I don't think you are for even a second, it wouldn't be us that steps up to take the division - it would be the Phins.

Until Brady retires, these threads are just off season circle jerk material that go up in smoke once post-Thanksgiving football rolls around and they're crushing everyone. The guy is still the best QB in football and makes fools out of every defense in the league except Baltimore's, which no longer exists.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Not quite. They are a garbage team that got pretty much the best possible first round draw of any possible AFC opponent.

At least three games in the regular season went their way due to late and VERY SUSPECT penalties called suspiciously against their opponents.

If the Jets had won that Week 2 game where Brady was held to -4 yards passing, they would not have even had a first round Bye.

They will be exposed next week in Denver by an actual team. Right now you're seeing Brady and a bunch of Elmers glue, which is great for Elementary School projects (the pathetic Colts and Andrew Doofus) but not so great when you need to actually glue together something real.
    We now know why the pats played this weekend. What was the jets excuse for playing golf and watching the Pats advance once again? Something to do with If?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think anyone who believes the Pats will win less than 10 games is a fool.

Without looking at the schedule, they feel like an 11 win team to me. I figure they go 5-1 in the division (which is terrible, but I never pencil in anyone to sweep all 6 division games), and 6-4 in the rest of the games.

The Patriots offense has been so astoundingly great for the past few years, even if they suffer a massive dropoff on offense (a dropoff of 120 points) they'd still be a top 3 offense. That would put them on the level of last year's Packers and Giants.

footnote: The Patriots were 5 points shy of doubling our offense output last year. We scored 281 points, they scored 557.
    The Patriots scored 444 points this year, 113 shy of their 2012 output, placing them......3rd in the league for points scored.

They won 12 games, and if you don't already have them penciled in for a minimum of 10-11 wins next year....you're an idiot.