Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 393

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    With a good defense, a good running game and a QB that doesn't totally suck we could beat them and take over the division with ease....
    Win the division with ease?

    Jets have 3 division titles in their entire 54 year history.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Put Rex on the Pats with Brady you think they still won't be winners?? Rex has shown he can win with inferior QB play BB never has.. Before Brady he had 1 playoff run with the Browns in 95 with Vinny as his QB in his 9th year. And he had a winning season in 08 with Cassel but no playoffs because Sparano won the East with your boy Chaddy who the Jets cut for Favre. I think BB is a HOF HC but without Brady he's not the Genius many make him out to be. How many games would BB have won with Geno as his QB this season??
    The real question about Rex is who you pick if you have equal talent on both teams. Who do you pick Ryan or Belichick? I know who I pick. I think if you took a poll, it would be pretty clear too.

  3. #323
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,019
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Hey at least you manned up and ate crow.
    +1

    Not a lot of folks do that around here. Particularly the Pats fans (who will not be named) who disappeared for months after the Super Bowl loss a few years ago and the when the Jets knocked them out as a #1 seed in New England in 2010.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Win the division with ease?

    Jets have 3 division titles in their entire 54 year history.
    What's your point? We were close to getting to the superbowl in back to back years. Haven't been able to do that in a 100 years. What does that say? We had a great team, we were close to becoming the top dog, but instead we now suck. Not saying its because of Rex but for anybody to say he's a great headcoach after witnessing the last few years I'm not sure if those people are just stupid or what. And yes, with a top 3 defense, and a good running game combined with a QB that doesn't totally suck, who can manage games and not toss pick 6 after pick 6 we will win this division with ease. The Pats don't have anything to counter that. Brady isn't enough. Like i said, their defense sucks, their receivers suck, they won't be a threat if you have a QB that can manage the game and make a good throw here and there.
    Last edited by DaBallhawk; 01-12-2014 at 11:12 AM.

  5. #325
    just goes to show how pathetic the jets organization has been. its been 45 of mediocrity

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Win the division with ease?

    Jets have 3 division titles in their entire 54 year history.

  6. #326
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,019
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Hats off...any JETS fan who believes that the PATS are where they are due to calls is delusional.

    They have Brady and are well run. That simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    all the pats do is win, 12-13 games every year. and they shuffle in and out new faces every year, pretty remarkable.
    I agree and I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. They've had a tremendous run of success for a decade. I will continue to rib them for the fact that a team with 3 SB wins still hasn't found a way to win another since Spygate (coincidence? the football gods frowning down on them? who knows!) but they win consistently, year in and year out.

    With that said, and to big dan's point, with new faces and constant turnover every year Brady continues to make pedestrian offensive players look like stars. Does anybody think Deion Branch should have ever been considered an elite WR? Is he one of the Top 10? Top 20? Top 40 NFL WRs in history? Nope. The guy is a SB MVP because of Tom Brady and Brady raises the level of play of everyone around him. TB is a douche but he's also a 1st ballot HoF player, which brings me to a question I've debated with people for a long time, and I'd like to hear the input of Pats' fans on this...

    Would you rather have an Average Quarterback and Bill Belichick at Coach, OR would you rather an Average Head Coach and Tom Brady at QB?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-12-2014 at 11:24 AM.

  7. #327
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,255
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The real question about Rex is who you pick if you have equal talent on both teams. Who do you pick Ryan or Belichick? I know who I pick. I think if you took a poll, it would be pretty clear too.
    Who would you want as HC after their first 3 years Rex with 4 playoff wins or BB with none.. If you want to be fair and I know most don't, you can't compare a HC with 19 years experience with one 5 years as a HC. Here's a better question who wins the East this year if BB has Geno and Rex has Brady??

  8. #328
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Hats off...any JETS fan who believes that the PATS are where they are due to calls is delusional.

    They have Brady and are well run. That simple.
    Go wear your Panthers jersey, and waive your Panthers pom poms elsewhere, Bean Counter

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

    Not a lot of folks do that around here. Particularly the Pats fans (who will not be named) who disappeared for months after the Super Bowl loss a few years ago and the when the Jets knocked them out as a #1 seed in New England in 2010.
    Tha Pats* fan who post here aren't real fans they are front runners.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Who would you want as HC after their first 3 years Rex with 4 playoff wins or BB with none.. If you want to be fair and I know most don't, you can't compare a HC with 19 years experience with one 5 years as a HC. Here's a better question who wins the East this year if BB has Geno and Rex has Brady??
    Please don't bring reason to this board.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    just goes to show how pathetic the jets organization has been. its been 45 of mediocrity
    Bad draft picks seem to be the main reason.

  12. #332
    I thought knowing that the team has never had more than 12 wins was depressing. Never did the math on division titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Win the division with ease?

    Jets have 3 division titles in their entire 54 year history.

  13. #333
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    The real question about Rex is who you pick if you have equal talent on both teams. Who do you pick Ryan or Belichick? I know who I pick. I think if you took a poll, it would be pretty clear too.
    Ryan consistently beats Belly with significantly less talent.....why wouldn't he beat him with equal talent

    Belly is good as his CLeveland days.....he's winning because of Brady.....you tell me they win yesterday with Geno or Sanchez....hahahahaha

  14. #334
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ALJETS View Post
    Bad draft picks seem to be the main reason.
    The Patriots have had more bad draft picks than the Jets over the last several years....but they have Tom Brady, and he continues to bail them out year after year. Guys like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc are in the playoffs for a reason, and WRs like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, etc. are at home. A great QB can make the dullest, most weathered penny shine really bright.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Would you rather have an Average Quarterback and Bill Belichick at Coach, OR would you rather an Average Head Coach and Tom Brady at QB?
    As a serious question, I'd say it depends. If the average qb is a game manager that doesn't turn the ball over, I'd go with Belichick. I think he works miracles at times considering what he does with what he has. If he has a qb that turns the ball over all of the time, I go with Brady and an average coach. I'm probably in the minority, but I think BB is more important. I understand what I see when I see blocking/passing/coverage/rushing combinations because of my background and some of the stuff I see BB do, isn't duplicated. If you watch the game and only see how many yards are gained and whether it's a run or pass, that aspect is missed by fans. It's no different than any skilled profession. Those who understand the profession, can see the difference between average and good. I'm not saying I'm an expert but I do have a background and there are differences in what teams do and how well and it's more than the parts.

  16. #336
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,503
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Win the division with ease?

    Jets have 3 division titles in their entire 54 year history.
    Which has what to do with anything?

    How many division titles did the Pats have before they went on this run?

    The Bills before Kelly? The 49'rs before Montana?

    Where does this line of thought come from, because it makes no sense at all.

  17. #337
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,255
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Ryan consistently beats Belly with significantly less talent.....why wouldn't he beat him with equal talent

    Belly is good as his CLeveland days.....he's winning because of Brady.....you tell me they win yesterday with Geno or Sanchez....hahahahaha
    Pete Carroll never had a losing season with Bledsoe as his QB and made the playoffs twice in his 3 years.. With Bledsoe BB went 5-11 and was 0-2 the next year till Brady became the starter..

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Ryan consistently beats Belly with significantly less talent.....why wouldn't he beat him with equal talent

    Belly is good as his CLeveland days.....he's winning because of Brady.....you tell me they win yesterday with Geno or Sanchez....hahahahaha
    Well, that's an opinion but 4 out of 11 times isn't exactly "consistent".

  19. #339
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,019
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Ryan consistently beats Belly with significantly less talent.....why wouldn't he beat him with equal talent

    Belly is good as his CLeveland days.....he's winning because of Brady.....you tell me they win yesterday with Geno or Sanchez....hahahahaha
    Agree with this a lot. I've been saying to people for a while, what if Bill Belichick had Mark Sanchez these past 5 years and Rex Ryan had Tom Brady? How do you think the fortunes of the Jets and Pats would be different? Put it this way, my answer is that the Rex Ryan would be sporting a lot of new jewelry these days.

  20. #340
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Pete Carroll never had a losing season with Bledsoe as his QB and made the playoffs twice in his 3 years.. With Bledsoe BB went 5-11 and was 0-2 the next year till Brady became the starter..
    TRUTH

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us