Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Your post is an opinion. Please remember, the next time you make a point, the reader is going to say that is the guy who thinks that Rex is a better coach than BB
    fixed.

A joke has a punch line.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Cassels was in his 4th year on the team lets see what BB does if he ever has to start a rookie?? B..
    Seriously?

You do realize that prior to starting for the Pats, the last time Cassel started a game of football was in high school?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    NO ONE can honestly believe this.

That is some truly horrific logic.

It's almost as bad as the basketball fans that try to argue that Phil Jackson isn't one of the 2 or 3 greatest coaches of all time.
    I hate BB. However, it is completely asinine to not recognize hims as BY FAR the best head coach in the NFL. It is not even close. Brady or not, BBs coaching and willingness to adapt and change his philosophies as the NFL changes and as the season develops is just at a different level than other coaches in the NFL. He is not a great personnel guy or they might have 10 Super Bowls with Brady. Brady helps but stick him on the Jets and we would not improve as much as people think (unless we gave him total control of the offense_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I hate BB. However, it is completely asinine to not recognize hims as BY FAR the best head coach in the NFL. It is not even close. Brady or not, BBs coaching and willingness to adapt and change his philosophies as the NFL changes and as the season develops is just at a different level than other coaches in the NFL. He is not a great personnel guy or they might have 10 Super Bowls with Brady. Brady helps but stick him on the Jets and we would not improve as much as people think (unless we gave him total control of the offense_
    Does Bellicheck call the offense? Does he make the offensive playbook? I think you're on to something when you say, if we had Brady control of the offense. I think he does have a lot of control over the offense. You do realize we were within a game of the SB with Sanchez don't you. Also that we beat the Pats, and the Saints with a lousy Geno. You really don't think going from the worst to the best QB might make a pretty big difference? You also realize that the Pats have not won in a long time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
    Seriously?

You do realize that prior to starting for the Pats, the last time Cassel started a game of football was in high school?
    You do realize that Belichick was 41-57 pre Brady. What is Rex' record?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You also realize that the Pats have not won in a long time.
    So if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl every they are considered "losers"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes if they don't win the SB every. They haven't won in 9 going on 10 years, and that with the best QB in the game. What would he do with Sanchez at QB?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Bellicheck call the offense? Does he make the offensive playbook? I think you're on to something when you say, if we had Brady control of the offense. I think he does have a lot of control over the offense. You do realize we were within a game of the SB with Sanchez don't you. Also that we beat the Pats, and the Saints with a lousy Geno. You really don't think going from the worst to the best QB might make a pretty big difference? You also realize that the Pats have not won in a long time.
    The Sanchez that did his part to get us to two AFC Championships wasn't the butt fumble Sanchez. We really need to make that distinction. Just because he has a horrible and humiliating year in 2012 doesn't mean that's always the quarterback he was. Our defense was awesome and we were almost a team of destiny that year. Remember the Patriots smashed us in '10 and then Brady threw his first interception in a thousand years to kill an opening drive and we were off to the races.

I hate when people try to diminish those teams because they had Sanchez. We were a top 5 team. We deserved to be there.

Also, the Pats have won plenty recently. They haven't exactly been playing for draft picks in December with the Browns. This is their third conference championship game in a row and with Gronk healthy, would probably be in the middle of a second dynasty

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes if they don't win the SB every. They haven't won in 9 going on 10 years, and that with the best QB in the game. What would he do with Sanchez at QB?
    Let's not get carried away. I don't think even the most die-hard Patriots fan would agree with that statement.

Brady was clearly the best QB in the game in 2007 and 2010. In 2008, Matt Cassel clearly was not in the conversation at all. And in 2011-2012 (Rodgers) and 2013 (Manning), Brady was clearly not the best QB in the game.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Are people really trying to argue Rex vs. BB as head coaches?

That takes a special kind of stupid.
    Agreed..........both Rex and BB overachieved this year. Both took their teams beyond their skill sets. Both should be congratulated and appreciated by their fan base, as well as rival fan bases.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If I don't put my p*nis in my wife's vag can I brag about having sex?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You do realize that Belichick was 41-57 pre Brady. What is Rex' record?
    BB was not handed the #1 defense and the #1 running game when he was in Cleveland.

He gutted that team and accomplished something Rex has not come close to doing.

He won his division and had a home playoff game.

Rex was the Woody Johnson of NFL HC's his first two years. Handed everything on a golden spoon.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB won 11 games the year Brady was out. His pre-Brady record was with crummy Cleveland teams. I hate him, especially because he screwed the jets and didnt honor his contract, but he is a good coach.