Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Brady was a lot younger then as well, and they were in full on cheat mode.
    What makes you think they stopped

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    To go from the league worst defense to average is a big jump given they have almost the same personnel as last year, but I like your enthusiasm.
    Nice exaggeration. Sorry, the Pats aren't the worst defense in the league no matter how much Jets fans like to joke that they are. They were 9th in points allowed and 25th in yards allowed. And that's based on the entirety of last season. They only had Talib for 6 games and the pass defense improved. A full season of Talib and Dennard at the corners with Wilson and McCourty at safety moving up to somewhere around 15th in yards allowed isn't that much of a stretch.

To go from the league worst defense to average is a big jump given they have almost the same personnel as last year, but I like your enthusiasm.
    How enthusiastic are you about the Jets' prospects of going from the worst offense in the league (ahem, sorry, 31st) to average?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Nice exaggeration. Sorry, the Pats aren't the worst defense in the league no matter how much Jets fans like to joke that they are. They were 9th in points allowed and 25th in yards allowed. And that's based on the entirety of last season. They only had Talib for 6 games. A healthy Chandler Jones improving in his second year, and a full season of Talib and Dennard at the corners with Wilson and McCourty at safety moving up to somewhere around 15th in yards allowed isn't that much of a stretch.
    Having a offense that avg around 35 points a game was a huge help to the defense I would think..

Veteran
    How enthusiastic are you about the Jets' prospects of going from the worst offense in the league (ahem, sorry, 31st) to average?
    I'm realistic, so not very enthusiastic.

Espn stats says pats were 25th out of 32 in total d, pretty close to the bottom. Realistically they will not change too much as they haven't changed personnel too much. But again, I like your enthusiasm.
    Maybe you can get AH to murder espn's statistician.

I'm realistic, so not very enthusiastic.

Espn stats says pats were 25th out of 32 in total d, pretty close to the bottom. Realistically they will not change too much as they haven't changed personnel too much. But again, I like your enthusiasm.
    Maybe you can get AH to murder espn's statistician.

I already explained to you the secondary personnel change, but feel free to continue ignoring that. Half of last season they were starting McCourty and Arrington at CB1 and CB2, and they were torched repeatedly by mediocre QBs. Talib and Dennard >>>> McCourty and Arrington.

Veteran
    I already explained to you the secondary personnel change, but feel free to continue ignoring that. Half of last season they were starting McCourty and Arrington at CB1 and CB2, and they were torched repeatedly by mediocre QBs. Talib and Dennard >>>> McCourty and Arrington.
    You explanation doesn't change their bottom of the league ranking.

You explanation doesn't change their bottom of the league ranking.
    And since when do teams win games by the amount of yards? Points is the only stat that matters.

You also ignore the fact that everyteam that plays the pats go into the game knowing that they need to score 28 points to have a good shot at coming out on top. Do you think a team is going to go into a game with the pats and say were going to run the ball 35 times? And how many times did you see the pats blitz to put pressure on the QB

The pats pass D was not very good last year, but I expect them to be much improved with Denard being in his 2nd year, Talib having a TC to help, Plus the addition of Adrien Wilson for the vet presence that has been lacking since Rodney retired and Samuel moved on. And McCourty knowing that his position will be FS and not going back and forth all year

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And since when do teams win games by the amount of yards? Points is the only stat that matters.

You also ignore the fact that everyteam that plays the pats go into the game knowing that they need to score 28 points to have a good shot at coming out on top. Do you think a team is going to go into a game with the pats and say were going to run the ball 35 times? And how many times did you see the pats blitz to put pressure on the QB

The pats pass D was not very good last year, but I expect them to be much improved with Denard being in his 2nd year, Talib having a TC to help, Plus the addition of Adrien Wilson for the vet presence that has been lacking since Rodney retired and Samuel moved on. And McCourty knowing that his position will be FS and not going back and forth all year
    I expect them to be ranked near the bottom of the league again, but I expect their win loss record to be close to what it was as well

Denard & Talib

What's the over under on murders by that CB combination?

Stay Classy NE, the "Patriot Way" all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    Denard & Talib

What's the over under on murders by that CB combination?

Stay Classy NE, the "Patriot Way" all the way.
    Same as the Jets chances of making the playoffs.

Zero.

And thanks for showing us how to be classy with that uberclassy post.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, this may very well be true. The record I think will be better than 9-7, more like 10-6 or higher, but we aren't that far apart in our opinions.

But here's the problem...

They are still the best team in the division. They'll be getting Gronk back at some point this season and that will make them much better. They'll have Danny Amendola and I think BB sees something in him and Brady will make him a good player. That's what good QB's do.

I do not believe the Jets have a shot at the division. I think that is silly. We are way too young, inexperienced, and undeveloped, raw to be considered anything better than 5-11. We still have no FS and that will cost this defense, In fact, I think this is the worst defense of the Rex Ryan era.

On offense, we got better, but how much better? Really, all we did was get better via addition by subtraction. We got rid of underperforming slugs like Shonn Greene and Jason Smith, but how did we honestly get better?

We added some OL, sure. But they aren't going to hit the ground running and I certainly do not believe they be able to win in December when the running game is a necessity.

It's also a major stretch to think Geno Smith will be very good. He didn't play in a pro style offense. He's going to need time to develop. In fact, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Geno can even beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

My prediction is the Dolphins and Patsies neck and neck for the division right through the end of the season.

The Jets do not make the playoffs.
    Agree with most of this except that I think the Dolphins will be a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    Same as the Jets chances of making the playoffs.

Zero.

And thanks for showing us how to be classy with that uberclassy post.

Also the number of legit SB your classy pats have managed to win without cheating.

New name, same old doosh.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Agree with most of this except that I think the Dolphins will be a huge disappointment.
    The Dolphins will be this years Eagles (Dream Team) of 2 seasons ago.

I expect them to be ranked near the bottom of the league again, but I expect their win loss record to be close to what it was as well
    What in yards or points? Yes, they will again be down towards the bottom in yards given up, like i said teams play the pats with a eye on scoring 28 points, your not going to score 28 points running the ball against the pats.

Jet fans throw out a stat line showing that teams did not fare well throwing the ball against the jets but ignore the point that teams did not need to throw the ball as they only scored 1/2 the points that the Pats did. If all you have to do is score 14 poits to have a better than even chance of winning teams won't pass with the frequency that they do against the pats. Then throw in the fact that the jets gave up 25% more yards on the ground why would teams pass.

it will be the same this year, the jets will rank top ten in passing yards surrendered and the pats will be in the bottom 1/3rd. IMO the jets will score about 16-19 points and the pats will score 39-35. Opposing teams won't pass against the jets and they will against the pats.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

it will be the same this year, the jets will rank top ten in passing yards surrendered and the pats will be in the bottom 1/3rd. IMO the jets will score about 16-19 points and the pats will score 39-35. Opposing teams won't pass against the jets and they will against the pats.
    There is nothing to suggest the Pats will be that high scoring. They lost all of their playmakers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is nothing to suggest the Pats will be that high scoring. They lost all of their playmakers.
    So you're assuming Gronk is missing the entire season? As long as Brady is upright they will be a top-10 offense regardless of who they put on the field. They may not score 35 ppg but they won't be scoring 20 either.

Veteran
    So you're assuming Gronk is missing the entire season? As long as Brady is upright they will be a top-10 offense regardless of who they put on the field. They may not score 35 ppg but they won't be scoring 20 either.
    Probably, but there certainly are a lot of distractions that they have to worry about, it will be interesting to see if all the negative attention has an impact. My guess is it does

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is nothing to suggest that? How many points do you think they will average? Remember this thread can be brought up to show your football acumen at the end of the season

Probably, but there certainly are a lot of distractions that they have to worry about, it will be interesting to see if all the negative attention has an impact. My guess is it does
    What distractions? Hernandez is not on the team and nobody team member will comment on it. BB will not invite ESPN to camp and makes statements that he will unleash Tebow.