Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    I tend to doubt it. This is a town where Belichick has beaten the reporter down so bad that the Pats can issue a few sentence statement about releasing Hernandez and the press seems to be fine with that being the Patriots only official response.

The Jets invited the circus. The Pats won't. The Jets let ESPN set up camp in Cortland and broadcast live from Jets practice. Belichick won't even let reporters Tweet while practice is going on. The Jets had a press conference for Tebow when he arrived.

Two different teams. Two different press corps. Two different approaches with the media.

Plus there will be no QB controversy involving Tebow this year like last year.
    The pats have a serial murderer and Tebow. I'd say the circus will be ripe

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    The pats have a serial murderer and Tebow. I'd say the circus will be ripe
    What happens when Belichick refuses to answer a question about either of them, over and over? Who's going to crack first?

All League

RT @AlbertBreer: Starting to happen up here. RT @MrMake_U_Better @AlbertBreer y arent they going after bill? He had a more immediate influence on aaron ...

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think they can or will say anything about it. They are probably pretty worried about being investigated by authorities and by the NFL and the NFLPA for their actions and inactions regarding things like knowing what a subhuman thug AH was for four years and rewarding him with 41 million despite it, the probably illegal post murder visit to Gillette, the kickbacks of player contract dollars to Kraft's phony foundation. If I'm the Patriots, I refer ANY questions about AH and other misconduct to whatever criminal defense legal firm they hire.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I don't think they can or will say anything about it. They are probably pretty worried about being investigated by authorities and by the NFL and the NFLPA for their actions and inactions regarding things like knowing what a subhuman thug AH was for four years and rewarding him with 41 million despite it, the probably illegal post murder visit to Gillette, the kickbacks of player contract dollars to Kraft's phony foundation. If I'm the Patriots, I refer ANY questions about AH and other misconduct to whatever criminal defense legal firm they hire.
    Takes some big brass ones to walk into your place of employment to drop the murder weapon off on national helicopter news cam. Fortunately BB and Kraft already anticipated this move and were out of the country at the time. I'm not even sure they are back in the country yet since this whole thing started - maybe they're looking for asylum with Snowden? Kraft knows if he gets caught the rest of his international crimes against humanity will come to light.

It wouldn't shock anyone if the Pats had an 8-8 or 9-7 season based on their average defense and loss of Welker/Hernandez and the question marks with Gronk. But as long as they have Brady, they can just as easily go 13-3.

I wouldn't bet on the pats missing the playoffs but if it was going to happen, this is the year for it to happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm pretty certain that Don Krafto had his consigliore or one of his other trusted family members at the Razor to take the murder weapon from AH and then drive over and deposit it in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere off the Massachusetts coast

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that Don Krafto had his consigliore or one of his other trusted family members at the Razor to take the murder weapon from AH and then drive over and deposit it in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere off the Massachusetts coast
    Could you imagine if something like that really happened? It would be unvelievable.

And they wont respond and won't be goaded into a response by the media. And you won't see Tebow on the dais post game after a preseason game either. BB doesn't care what the media says about him and Kraft has his back.

All they can say is something like this.
    For two years there was never on hint of scandal associated with him, no arrests, no public drunkenness we thought they guy turned the corner and we wanted him part of the team long term. We were mistaken and deceived and as soon as we heard he was going to be arrested, we immediately cut ties with him even though it was not in the best interest of being competitive due to the cap implications of cutting him before he was suspended by the league.

All players need to be in the lockeroom after the game unless they go to the trainers room. Tebow will not be allowed to say anything but what Brady, Wilfork and BB tell him to say. This is his last chance in the NFL and after last years debacle in NY he is no where near the story he was last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    none of that free speech stuff is allowed in the Kraft Organized Crime Family. Tebow will stay D and D in order to not get "whacked"

wow, worse than a circus, Sucksboro is a soviet concentration camp

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    It wouldn't shock anyone if the Pats had an 8-8 or 9-7 season based on their average defense and loss of Welker/Hernandez and the question marks with Gronk. But as long as they have Brady, they can just as easily go 13-3.

I wouldn't bet on the pats missing the playoffs but if it was going to happen, this is the year for it to happen.
    It would totally shock me and every linesmaker in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What happens when Belichick refuses to answer a question about either of them, over and over? Who's going to crack first?
    Reporter #1: Coach Belichick, what are your thoughts on Tim Tebow being listed 3rd instead of 2nd on the depth chart?
    Belichick: I'm here to talk Bills. Let's talk Bills.
    Reporter #2: Coach, what were your thoughts on not using Tim Tebow on 3rd and 2 in the first drive of the second half?
    Reporter #3: Coach, what were your thoughts on not using Tim Tebow on 3rd and 1 on the first drive in the 4th quarter?
    Reporter #3: Coach, what are your thoughts on converting Tim Tebow to H-back or Tight End?

Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    No. That would be an overstatement. What is true and undeniable, however, is Tebow's been a Patriot for over a month now and we're not seeing daily stories about him like we did from the Jets.
    Nobody is going to care about Tebow until the Patriots start losing and Belichick is not putting Tebow on the field for anything but maybe ST. The Patriots are still perceived as "winners" but that will change after the 2-4 start and the defense is getting blown up and Brady with no weapons is trying to score 35+ points per game. Then the nonsense us unlucky Jets fans experienced with Tebow will arrive at Foxboro like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Nobody is going to care about Tebow until the Patriots start losing and Belichick is not putting Tebow on the field for anything but maybe ST. The Patriots are still perceived as "winners" but that will change after the 2-4 start and the defense is getting blown up and Brady with no weapons is trying to score 35+ points per game. Then the nonsense us unlucky Jets fans experienced with Tebow will arrive at Foxboro like the plague.
    Even if what you predict is true and the Pats start off 2 and 4, which i highly doubt, no sane person, especially BB, will think Tebow gives them a better chance to win than Brady. It will be NOTHING like the Jets. EVER.
    Last edited by ReincarnatedBob; 07-07-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Does 1 of those 2 wins in the 2-4 start come against the Jets?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Does 1 of those 2 wins in the 2-4 start come against the Jets?
    If it doesn't is it due to the distractions?

Veteran
    New England Patriots: The NFL's New Circus

http://www.footballnation.com/conten...-circus/23151/

There’s a new circus in town and, for a change, it’s not in New York City. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you: the 2013 New England Patriots! And, although Pats’ fans will hate to admit it, the Patriots are your new New York Jets.
    Now, let me clarify (before you write your nasty comment in the comment’s section below, which you will most certainly do anyways): The Patriots are roughly one million-bajillion times better than the Jets and have been over the past decade-plus years. They’re the “new Jets” not in terms of overall team quality, but in terms of their new status as the NFL’s clown organization— an organization that provides fans of rival teams with smirks and chuckles when they check up on the day’s NFL news and find another story about those wacky Patriots.
    When the Jets drafted Geno Smith, many were under the impression that they were on their way to maintaining their status squarely under the NFL big top. But, the fact of the matter is, to be a circus you have to be worth watching. With the exception of drafting Geno, the Jets haven’t made any exciting moves, and that’s if you can even call drafting Geno Smith exciting (maybe for Geno Smith and his family).
    At this time last year, it looked like the Jets could make some noise in the upcoming season. Sure, they were coming off 8-8, but prior to that they’d gone to back-to-back AFC Championship games. There was a chance they could still be good— with Tebow, they’d be worth watching for amusement’s sake at least. Now though, that’s not the case. The Jets have lost their best player in Darrelle Revis. Their offense will be awful. Their defense will be decent. Their games will be torturously boring to watch. That’s not a circus I want to see or care at all about.
    The Patriots, on the other hand, are still noteworthy. Despite the fact that New England hasn’t paid a visit to the White House to take a nice, little group photo with Barack Obama. Despite the fact that the Jets have more playoff wins in the last five years than they do. Despite the fact that over his last five playoff starts, Brady has thrown two times as many interceptions as Sanchez has over his last five playoff starts. (Ouch!) The time for the Pats to win it all is still now.
    But the Pats aren’t going to do it. Will they win the AFC East? Sure, the division stinks. Will they get a playoff bye? Why not, their schedule is a cakewalk. Will they promptly lose their first playoff game to whichever Wild Card winner they face? They most certainly will. Because this Patriots team, unlike Patriots teams of year’s past, is quickly becoming a joke. A punch line. The new Jets.
    Here are the top five reasons the Patriots are becoming the NFL’s circus organization, in slide show format because I like to look at pictures.

They will win more games than we will so what does that make us?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    They will win more games than we will so what does that make us?
    Im not convinced of that

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    New England Patriots: The NFL's New Circus

http://www.footballnation.com/conten...-circus/23151/

There’s a new circus in town and, for a change, it’s not in New York City. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I present to you: the 2013 New England Patriots! And, although Pats’ fans will hate to admit it, the Patriots are your new New York Jets.
    Now, let me clarify (before you write your nasty comment in the comment’s section below, which you will most certainly do anyways): The Patriots are roughly one million-bajillion times better than the Jets and have been over the past decade-plus years. They’re the “new Jets” not in terms of overall team quality, but in terms of their new status as the NFL’s clown organization— an organization that provides fans of rival teams with smirks and chuckles when they check up on the day’s NFL news and find another story about those wacky Patriots.
    When the Jets drafted Geno Smith, many were under the impression that they were on their way to maintaining their status squarely under the NFL big top. But, the fact of the matter is, to be a circus you have to be worth watching. With the exception of drafting Geno, the Jets haven’t made any exciting moves, and that’s if you can even call drafting Geno Smith exciting (maybe for Geno Smith and his family).
    At this time last year, it looked like the Jets could make some noise in the upcoming season. Sure, they were coming off 8-8, but prior to that they’d gone to back-to-back AFC Championship games. There was a chance they could still be good— with Tebow, they’d be worth watching for amusement’s sake at least. Now though, that’s not the case. The Jets have lost their best player in Darrelle Revis. Their offense will be awful. Their defense will be decent. Their games will be torturously boring to watch. That’s not a circus I want to see or care at all about.
    The Patriots, on the other hand, are still noteworthy. Despite the fact that New England hasn’t paid a visit to the White House to take a nice, little group photo with Barack Obama. Despite the fact that the Jets have more playoff wins in the last five years than they do. Despite the fact that over his last five playoff starts, Brady has thrown two times as many interceptions as Sanchez has over his last five playoff starts. (Ouch!) The time for the Pats to win it all is still now.
    But the Pats aren’t going to do it. Will they win the AFC East? Sure, the division stinks. Will they get a playoff bye? Why not, their schedule is a cakewalk. Will they promptly lose their first playoff game to whichever Wild Card winner they face? They most certainly will. Because this Patriots team, unlike Patriots teams of year’s past, is quickly becoming a joke. A punch line. The new Jets.
    Here are the top five reasons the Patriots are becoming the NFL’s circus organization, in slide show format because I like to look at pictures.
    Good article