Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why are you including Gronk in that? He will be playing next year. Do you also think that Fells and Ballard and Amendola are going to miss as much time as they did last year.

No they will most likley not get the same production as the previous year. but do you think that they won't be top 5 with Ridley, Vereen Washington, Ballard and Blount. Much is made about Welker and Hernandez not being on the team and rightfully so. But why do you think they won't be able to put in some new plays and scheme around the loss. Ballard and Amendola are not chopped Liver neither are Fells, Donald Jones or Jenkins and Endleman.

Some of the posters seem to think that the pats are not going to be able to field a team next year as they will all be on the injured list for the whole 16 games. The Bills loses on the oline now leaves the pats with the best running game in the East and one of the best in the whole AFC
    Any Pats fan that thinks the Pats don't take a step back this year are delusional homers. A team doesn't lose thier top 4 offensive weapons and think any player can step in without the team missing a beat.

Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, and to a lesser degree Lloyd, and Woodhead are losses no matter what you shameless Pat homers want to spin.

The significance of their loss, how much their losses will be felt, and whether or not the players that will replace them remains to be seen, but it is a huge question mark. Brady at 37 will need to re-form chemistry with almost his entire arsenal, and that won't happen right away.

Quote Originally Posted by ReincarnatedBob View Post
    No. That would be an overstatement. What is true and undeniable, however, is Tebow's been a Patriot for over a month now and we're not seeing daily stories about him like we did from the Jets.
    The Pats signed him 2 days before mini-camp, and the entire NFL has 6 weeks off before training camp, you insufferable clown.

It's always easy to tell when Vinny changes his user handle, he's still the same dumbass pats fan talking out of his ass, just using a different name...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    ROFLMAO I love Pat homers, Welker is suddenly a JAG again.. Go figure?
    No, others on this board are the ones who called him a JAG who only looks good because of Brady. Now all of a sudden he's gone, and they're saying it's a huge loss for the team. Can't have it both ways.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-07-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    No, YOU (as well as many others on this board) are the one who called him a JAG who only looks good because of Brady. Now all of a sudden he's gone, and you're saying it's a huge loss for the team. Can't have it both ways.
    Riiiiiiggghhhhttt, sure we did...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Pats signed him 2 days before mini-camp, and the entire NFL has 6 weeks off before training camp, you insufferable clown.

It's always easy to tell when Vinny changes his user handle, he's still the same dumbass pats fan talking out of his ass, just using a different name...
    Add the little annoyance of the world discovering a murderer was resigned by this classy operation into the mix. Kind of hard to pepper BB etc with Tebow questions when you run and hide from the press.

Love the logic, running and hiding from the press, thats proof of the control that Belichick has over the press. LOL

Things may change when the circus get back into town. Should be interesting when the constant barrage of questions alternates between executions and christians.

No circus in NE, no one is paying attention.

Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-07-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I think you have been watching too much regular season football and don't watch enough playoffs. Except for a garbage time score against the Jets after the game was out of reach, the Pats haven't broken 20 points in their final game of the season in years.
    Did you watch Houston this year, Denver last?

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Did you watch Houston this year, Denver last?
    I did. Did you watch:

the 2012 AFCC?

the 2011 Super Bowl?

the 2010 Divisional playoffs?

the 2009 Wild Card round?

the 2007 Super Bowl?

Matt39 was dead on.

the majority of jets fans on this site most certainly did. For the first 4 years fans said it was due to Randy Moss taking the coverage down the field. Then the last two years they were posts saying he was not a real #1 and just a slot guy who benefited from Brady.

The pats will take a step back in the passing game this year, but i think they will also take a step forward in the running game. I don't think they will average 35 points a game. What a way to go out on the limb! Some jet fans seem to feel that the pats are going to average 20 points or something similar.

The pats will run the ball about 5 times a game more, and will probably go back to more a a screen, rather than the 7 yard curl/slant that was Welkers bread and butter. That frequency of that route being run will go from 20 times a game to 1/2 that. The whole route tree will be different this year, Besides Gronk.

Your going to see almost a WCO with a lot of slants running deeper than last year. I expect to see much more outs making the D play outside the hashes more. The pats difficulty with the ravens was due the abilty of the ravens to cover between the hashes as the pats had no outside game when Gronk went down, I loved Lloyd and did not understand his refusal to take the cut, but even he was to inconsistant on the outside. Jenkins makes his living there with those comebacks and curls in the flat. Jones is a guy that has been effective in the deep slants that were hernadez stock in trade.

Yeah, Welker was always an elite player in your mind. The search function is your friend. Let's follow the consistency of your stance on Welker over the past two years...

Prior to Welker leaving the Pats:

August of 2012:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...&postcount=165

There isn't a team in the AFC that outshines the Jets WR unit, even the overhyped Pats. The Pats have average and aging WR's, but on a team with Brady, they are that much better. The same would hold true if team's swapped players at the position. I would think players like Holmes, Hill, and Kerley would do rather nicely with Brady spinning the ball. Lloyd IMO is overrated, he had one solid season, but otherwise has been a bust. He's now what, 31/32? Welker is a head shot away from being Chrebet'd. There is a reason why the Pats didn't give him an extension, they were actually smart not doing so. Welker is now over 30 as well, for a player his size in the NFL, they just don't last. Miami? Umm no. Buffalo? They have a nice player in Johnson, but what else?
    Yeah, that's right, you wrote that, Ray Ray ... Pats were smart not to pay him! Let's continue...

September 2012:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=34

Gronk and Hernandez are studs, I don't deny that.

They have some quality players.

Welker is a product of Brady

The Pats defense has sucked in recent years, teams would never make the playoffs with that defense, they have Brady to thank for all of it.
    Damn, sounds like Welker isn't all that good, just a cog in Brady's machine that can be easily replaced. But perhaps not, according to you later on?

And now immediately following Welker's departure:

March 2013:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=62

Welker was the cog in the Patriot offense, the synergy he had with Brady is what made that offense so potent

It's a huge loss no matter how hard you try to spin it, troll.

Well, sheet. I guess they are now totally screwed. Welker was awesome because of Brady but now that he's gone Brady is screwed because he needs him. What a paradox.

Amazing how Welker became Superman over the course of a single season!

So yeah... rrrriiiigggghhhtttt.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-08-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I did. Did you watch:

the 2012 AFCC?

the 2011 Super Bowl?

the 2010 Divisional playoffs?

the 2009 Wild Card round?

the 2007 Super Bowl?

Matt39 was dead on.
    Yes, I watched those games, and they were against some of the very best defenses in the league, but earlier in those seasons against the same teams the pats did score. And they scored earlier in the playoffs in the games leading up to those loses.

The pats understood what was going on with the Ds playing tough inside the hashes and giving up the outside game, and the inablity of the pats to run the ball, and over the last two years steps were taken to get away from the short over the middle game.

A similar post to matt's was that i was responding too said he expected a 8-8 to 9-7 season from the pats due to their inability to score against good defenses. My response was not to gloss over those loses, but to point out even against those teams earlier in the season the pats did score at a good clip. My posts were not to predict future SB performance but performance in the regular season. During none of the seasons in those years of the playoff loses you mention did the go 500 or 9-7.

Matt, said they would win 10 games, that is 6 loses in the regular season next year due their inabilty to score against a good D. I disagreed and my reasons for doing so, were not just as a fan of the team but historical performance during the last 6 years with totally different teams around Brady. They followed up a 2011 playoff loss by scoring 35 points a game during the following regular season.
    Last edited by patman; 07-08-2013 at 06:38 AM.

LOL...

Delusional Pasts* fans posting on Jets board.

New England* will suck ass this year

Welker is good, but mad overrated. Never became this 1kyard/100rec guy until the goat threw him the ball. If Danny Amihealthyyet can stay on the field, I wouldn't be surprised if he filled Welker's spot with ease.

Jets Insider VIP
    I considered posting on this thread but I'm afraid it's too early in the morning and I don't want to encourage Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Boob/Mitch to drag out his Dick Curl stopwatch and whine about the time of day a post is made

Yeah, Welker was always an elite player in your mind. The search function is your friend. Let's follow the consistency of your stance on Welker over the past two years...

August of 2012:

Yeah, that's right, you wrote that, Ray Ray ... Pats were smart not to pay him! Let's continue...

September 2012:

Damn, sounds like Welker isn't all that good, just a cog in Brady's machine that can be easily replaced. But perhaps not, according to you later on?

March 2013:

Well, sheet. I guess they are now totally screwed. Welker was awesome because of Brady but now that he's gone Brady is screwed because he needs him. What a paradox.

Listen you half wit, that post was right on. The 2012 post on Welker was in reference to a player that had gone through multiple head injuries, that post was exactly right.

Welker absolutely was a product of Brady and Welker became a key cog in the Patriot offense as a result of it. What is the problem there?

His loss, along with Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd and the the other losses this off-season were all significant, and the effects are unknown, which is a FAR different spin than YOU and your other homer clown bretheren are trying to spin!!!

Jets Insider VIP

August of 2012:

September 2012:

March 2013:

Congratulations on owning this chowd tool.

Since I own one too, let me know if you ever want to trade your ASG for my Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Boob/Mitch. You'll have to probably throw in a a late round pick in next year's chowd ownership draft since it's a five for one deal

Listen you half wit, that post was right on. The 2012 post on Welker was in reference to a player that had gone through multiple head injuries, that post was exactly right.

Welker absolutely was a product of Brady and Welker became a key cog in the Patriot offense as a result of it. What is the problem there?

His loss, along with Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd and the the other losses this off-season were all significant, and the effects are unknown, which is a FAR different spin than YOU and your other homer clown bretheren are trying to spin!!!
    No, the title of this thread is quite specific in the "known" effects of those personnel moves. Apparently the Pats are going to "suck!" The bottom line is that you were calling Welker nothing more than a JAG white guy who looked good because of Brady right up until he left town, at which point he became an irreplaceable asset. Those posts and words are yours. You can't hide from them.

So if Welker is so dependent upon Brady for greatness, it at least begs the opportunity for another shifty white slot receiver with some proven talent in the league in Amendola to succeed in Welker's role, provided he stays healthy, would you disagree?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.

ASG, that's complete bs. Welker is clearly hispanic.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, the title of this thread is quite specific in the "known" effects of those personnel moves. Apparently the Pats are going to "suck!" The bottom line is that you were calling Welker nothing more than a JAG white guy who looked good because of Brady right up until he left town, at which point he became an irreplaceable asset. Those posts and words are yours. You can't hide from them.

So if Welker is so dependent upon Brady for greatness, it at least begs the opportunity for another shifty white slot receiver with some proven talent in the league in Amendola to succeed in Welker's role, provided he stays healthy, would you disagree?

does living in the Boston area and rooting for their stinking cheating team require you to be a racist? Sure seems to be the norm amongst the chowd troll participants here.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ASG, that's complete bs. Welker is clearly hispanic.
    I stole this from another forum, but holy crap, Welker is John Lynch's little brother: