Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    9-7 wins the AFCE this year.

Dolphins on paper are superior to the Pats at every position except QB. Problem for them is their schedule is brutal. Pats defense is gonna get blown up without Welker catching 3rd down conversions 10x per game.
    The Dolphins are extremely overrated, they've improved, but let's calm down, they have several question marks, the QB is still unproven, they've made major changes on the OL and at RB, despite the Wallace signing, WR is still a question mark, as is TE. The defensive secondary is also a question mark.

You could make arguments about the Jets compared to the Pats as well, except at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Love to see the Pats run as effectively without their TEs and Welker forcing D's to play the pass first and run second. Should be interesting.
    Do you think defenses are suddenly not going to be playing the pass first this season against them?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Do you think defenses are suddenly not going to be playing the pass first this season against them?
    They're not going to play them the same way as they would have with Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.

Would you play them the same way? Seriously, you're going to say yes?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    If you don't think Sanchez is pretty much blindly loyal to Sanchez I dont know what to say.
    One more time for the brain dead.

Who would you have played at QB over Sanchez?

If there is no one better, it's not blind loyalty. He's had one option at QB for 4 seasons, wake up.

BTW, if you say that Tebow or McElroy was better, you need to log off.

They're not going to play them the same way as they would have with Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.

Would you play them the same way? Seriously, you're going to say yes?
    I don't have the All-22 film to confirm this, but considering they didn't have any credible deep threat last season and all of their playmakers played over the middle, I would doubt that safeties were playing exceptionally deep on them for most of the season. If the Pats spread it out and Brady is under center, I don't expect any defenses to be foolish enough to stack 8 in the box on them regularly. ADP himself rarely faced that kind of run coverage.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-22-2013 at 01:52 AM.

One more time for the brain dead.

Who would you have played at QB over Sanchez?

If there is no one better, it's not blind loyalty. He's had one option at QB for 4 seasons, wake up.

BTW, if you say that Tebow or McElroy was better, you need to log off.
    McElroy should have started the remainder of last season. And then if it does not work out you address the QB situation in the off season. Yes, I know he was sacked 12 times, not like Sanchez was any better when he went back in. Simply no reason to continue starting Sanchez last year. None.

I don't have the All-22 film to confirm this, but considering they didn't have any credible deep threat last season and all of their playmakers played over the middle, I would doubt that safeties were playing exceptionally deep on them for most of the season. If the Pats spread it out and Brady is under center, I don't expect any defenses to be foolish enough to stack 8 in the box on them regularly. ADP himself rarely faced that kind of run coverage.
    YOU and the rest of your chowd buddies are in for a VERY rude awakening.
    Think of the final 2 minutes in game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
    Kinda like THAT!

And Gronk looks like he has AIDS, btw. He'll never be affective again.
    The roids have ruined his body and I do not feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Save us all the January trolling and gfy in advance
    nah, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Good luck with that. The Dolphins have an excellent run defense and the Jets run defense will be better this year now that Scott and Pace are both gone. Arrogant Pats frontrunners who were mostly Cowboy and 49er fans until Parcells and Bledsoe came along in the 90's. We'll see how Vereen does without Hernandez, Welker and probably Gronk for most of the season forcing defenses to go into the dime.
    It's hard not to be a frontrunner if you're a Pats fan. They've been at the front of the AFCE for twelve straight years.

People who think the Pats are going to suck are dreaming.

Parcells was nothing without Belichick and Bledsoe was never as good as Brady.

We'll see indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Dolphins are extremely overrated, they've improved, but let's calm down, they have several question marks, the QB is still unproven, they've made major changes on the OL and at RB, despite the Wallace signing, WR is still a question mark, as is TE. The defensive secondary is also a question mark.

You could make arguments about the Jets compared to the Pats as well, except at QB.
    I don't know if saying they are extremely overrated is really fair. I think most people think we will be fighting for a wildcard spot which I think is a fair assesment. We were 7-9 last year with a rookie QB and rookie coach. I agree with some of what you say though. We do have question marks at offensive line, although I will say that losing Jake Longs production last year isn't losing much, and signing Clabo should be a nice improvement at right tackle. Jake Long was down right bad last year, so it's not like we are losing a pro bowler from last year. I don't think Tight End is much of a question mark. We pretty much know what we're getting with Keller. Same goes for reciever. Hartline is a good number 2 and Wallace is an average number 1, but forget about stats, the biggest thing he will do is open up the offense for everybody else.

I also don't see running back as a concern. IMO pretty much anybody with decent skill can be plugged in and gain 1,000 yards which is all Reggie did last year. Our cornerbacks are definately a concern, but we do have a couple good safetys, and if healthy Grimes is a better player than Sean Smith by far, and by all reports he looks like he's back to 100%.

Every team has holes and concerns, but overall we have made enough improvements to believe we can compete for a wildcard. Only recently have people been saying we could win the afc east, and that has more to do with the Pats rough offseason than what we did to improve, or it's at least an equal part. But you are right that we don't know what we have in Tannehill at this point. But for a guy with as little experience as he had, playing with what most people thought were the worst recieving core in the NFL, he played much better than expected, and I think it's safe to assume he will be better this year. I don't know how much better, but there should be improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    I don't know if saying they are extremely overrated is really fair. I think most people think we will be fighting for a wildcard spot which I think is a fair assesment. We were 7-9 last year with a rookie QB and rookie coach. I agree with some of what you say though. We do have question marks at offensive line, although I will say that losing Jake Longs production last year isn't losing much, and signing Clabo should be a nice improvement at right tackle. Jake Long was down right bad last year, so it's not like we are losing a pro bowler from last year. I don't think Tight End is much of a question mark. We pretty much know what we're getting with Keller. Same goes for reciever. Hartline is a good number 2 and Wallace is an average number 1, but forget about stats, the biggest thing he will do is open up the offense for everybody else.

I also don't see running back as a concern. IMO pretty much anybody with decent skill can be plugged in and gain 1,000 yards which is all Reggie did last year. Our cornerbacks are definately a concern, but we do have a couple good safetys, and if healthy Grimes is a better player than Sean Smith by far, and by all reports he looks like he's back to 100%.

Every team has holes and concerns, but overall we have made enough improvements to believe we can compete for a wildcard. Only recently have people been saying we could win the afc east, and that has more to do with the Pats rough offseason than what we did to improve, or it's at least an equal part. But you are right that we don't know what we have in Tannehill at this point. But for a guy with as little experience as he had, playing with what most people thought were the worst recieving core in the NFL, he played much better than expected, and I think it's safe to assume he will be better this year. I don't know how much better, but there should be improvements.
    I think the Fins snuck up on some teams last season - as is expected after what a 2 win season? You can bet teams are studying Tannehill and will be trying to throw him off what little game he has. Most teams when they saw the Fins on their schedule last season circled that game as a win - that wont happen this year. Fins improve on paper but digress to 6-10 on field.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    McElroy should have started the remainder of last season. And then if it does not work out you address the QB situation in the off season. Yes, I know he was sacked 12 times, not like Sanchez was any better when he went back in. Simply no reason to continue starting Sanchez last year. None.
    Guess you missed the game that McElroy started. He proved that they needed to address the QB situation. Which they did.

Your problem is that you think the guy you haven't seen has to be better than the guy you're watching. Problem is coaches see these guys play every day in practice and know what they can and can't do. Clueless fans think they know better than guys getting paid to make these types of decisions.

Guess what, Rex and the rest of the coaching staff were right. McElroy is a 3rd string QB in every way.

And here's another tidbit for you. McElroy was hurt vs SD, concussion, he couldn't play again.

Keep trying though.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-22-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I think the Fins snuck up on some teams last season - as is expected after what a 2 win season? You can bet teams are studying Tannehill and will be trying to throw him off what little game he has. Most teams when they saw the Fins on their schedule last season circled that game as a win - that wont happen this year. Fins improve on paper but digress to 6-10 on field.
    I know fans tend to circle games wins and losses, but I don't think teams do that too much. We were 7-9 the year before so it's not like we were some awful team, and we played an easy schedule last year so besides a couple of elite teams, I don't think the Rams or Cardinals or teams like that would be expecting any easy wins. But we do have a tougher schedule next year, and Tannehill is somewhat of an unknown. Mix that with a team with a bunch of new players that need to gel, and it is definately possible that we would regress to 6-10. I don't think we will, but definately possible.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Deep threat has what exactly to do with throwing the ball often? Yes the Pats didn't have a deep threat. They did have the best TE in the league on one side and another on the other. They also had a 100 catch a year slot guy.

Losing your 3 best receivers shouldn't make a difference....tra, la, la....

But hey, you're the Giants, ugh, Pats fan, who needs to tell you this.

All Pro
    We've all been waiting for the Pats demise for the past 2-3 seasons now. As long as 12 is behind center, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    We've all been waiting for the Pats demise for the past 2-3 seasons now. As long as 12 is behind center, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Sure... Whatever you say! Pasts* are a lock for the SB!!!!

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see a decline, but im hesitant to believe YET.
    You must concur there is a direct correlation between Tammy under center and the success of the Pats.

It sickens me to say, but its extremely rare to find that one player that can toss a team on her back year and year and year again.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see a decline, but im hesitant to believe YET.
    You must concur there is a direct correlation between Tammy under center and the success of the Pats.

It sickens me to say, but its extremely rare to find that one player that can toss a team on her back year and year and year again.
    He's ALWAYS had his little safety blanket... or 3 or 4.

They are ALL gone now, and they all left at the same time. This year will make him want to retire as long as Goodell and the Refs aren't handing them wins.

He will prove VERY mortal.

Manning is a superior QB and overall football player.

All Pro
    LOL Did I say they were an elite team?

But I will say they will win the AFC East again this year.

He's ALWAYS had his little safety blanket... or 3 or 4.

They are ALL gone now, and they all left at the same time. This year will make him want to retire as long as Goodell and the Refs aren't handing them wins.

He will prove VERY mortal.

Manning is a superior QB and overall football player.
    He'll never get over losing David Givens.