Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Will Suck This Year

Pats Will Suck This Year

Yes they have Brady and Bellichik.

But they have NOTHING else. Other than Brady they essentially lost all of their offensive playmakers. They are a team that has been built on hiding their defense behind their powerful offense fueled by the mismatches at slot receiver and TE.

They have none of that. They will not be able to cover up for their defense. I see no reason why they are anything more than an 8-8 team.

Let's face it, with the losses that NE has, the AFC East may be the worst division in football. If Geno can show anything, the Jets have a real shot now.

9-7 will likely win the AFC East.

All League
    Brady alone gives them a competent offense. Defense will be the key. No 12 win season this year

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

But they have NOTHING else. Other than Brady they essentially lost all of their offensive playmakers. They are a team that has been built on hiding their defense behind their powerful offense fueled by the mismatches at slot receiver and TE.

They have none of that. They will not be able to cover up for their defense. I see no reason why they are anything more than an 8-8 team.

Let's face it, with the losses that NE has, the AFC East may be the worst division in football. If Geno can show anything, the Jets have a real shot now.

The responses on this thread are truly pathetic and sad.

I want someone here to tell me why the jets don't have a real shot at dethroning New England for the division title.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Majority of the team has little experience, and none with the WCO.

The narrowing gap is ripe for the slaughter.

All Pro

Didn't you already try this?

How about no. Until proven otherwise, assume they hold the throne. While the Jets are the kind of team that would obviously be crippled the Pats' '13 offseason, the Patriots themselves will actually probably have an even better '13 than last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if they won the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

How about no. Until proven otherwise, assume they hold the throne. While the Jets are the kind of team that would obviously be crippled the Pats' '13 offseason, the Patriots themselves will actually probably have an even better '13 than last year.

All due respect thinking the Pats are a SB team is ridiculous. Please enlighten me

Yeah, they owned this division before the ends and welker. Brady, as you know,.is one of the goats. He'll get them 11 wins, I think.

They're not as strong as they were last year, but they also play in the ****ty AFC East. They're basically running unopposed.

Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    The responses on this thread are truly pathetic and sad.

I want someone here to tell me why the jets don't have a real shot at dethroning New England for the division title.
    Because the Jets still don't have a QB (Geno may be the answer but no way to know that yet)

What I find truly pathetic and sad is that people can claim to be serious fans of the NFL and not understand that the single most important thing on a team is QB play and there is not a close second.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The narrowing gap is ripe for the slaughter.
    Ham said the check is in the mail for you but use pig next time..

Well, this may very well be true. The record I think will be better than 9-7, more like 10-6 or higher, but we aren't that far apart in our opinions.

But here's the problem...

They are still the best team in the division. They'll be getting Gronk back at some point this season and that will make them much better. They'll have Danny Amendola and I think BB sees something in him and Brady will make him a good player. That's what good QB's do.

I do not believe the Jets have a shot at the division. I think that is silly. We are way too young, inexperienced, and undeveloped, raw to be considered anything better than 5-11. We still have no FS and that will cost this defense, In fact, I think this is the worst defense of the Rex Ryan era.

On offense, we got better, but how much better? Really, all we did was get better via addition by subtraction. We got rid of underperforming slugs like Shonn Greene and Jason Smith, but how did we honestly get better?

We added some OL, sure. But they aren't going to hit the ground running and I certainly do not believe they be able to win in December when the running game is a necessity.

It's also a major stretch to think Geno Smith will be very good. He didn't play in a pro style offense. He's going to need time to develop. In fact, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Geno can even beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

My prediction is the Dolphins and Patsies neck and neck for the division right through the end of the season.

The Jets do not make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, this may very well be true. The record I think will be better than 9-7, more like 10-6 or higher, but we aren't that far apart in our opinions.

They are still the best team in the division. They'll be getting Gronk back at some point this season and that will make them much better. They'll have Danny Amendola and I think BB sees something in him and Brady will make him a good player. That's what good QB's do.

I do not believe the Jets have a shot at the division. I think that is silly. We are way too young, inexperienced, and undeveloped, raw to be considered anything better than 5-11. We still have no FS and that will cost this defense, In fact, I think this is the worst defense of the Rex Ryan era.

On offense, we got better, but how much better? Really, all we did was get better via addition by subtraction. We got rid of underperforming slugs like Shonn Greene and Jason Smith, but how did we honestly get better?

We added some OL, sure. But they aren't going to hit the ground running and I certainly do not believe they be able to win in December when the running game is a necessity.

It's also a major stretch to think Geno Smith will be very good. He didn't play in a pro style offense. He's going to need time to develop. In fact, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if Geno can even beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

My prediction is the Dolphins and Patsies neck and neck for the division right through the end of the season.

The stupidity is strong with this one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

good summation - I totally agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    The stupidity is strong with this one.
    Says the waterboy with 85 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Is that even English?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Is that even English?
    maybe not, but it's spot on....

Yikes.
    You're going to be one sad, sad panda around week 11, week 12.

The Patriots don't need to blow teams out of the water by 30 points to win football games. They only need to win by 1. They may have lost some offensive production from last season, but they did fine without Hernandez last year, still have Gronk, have Amendola, Edelman, a top 5 rushing game, a very strong offensive line, Tom Brady, the new kid Aaron Dobson, etc.

In other words, they have plenty to out score other football teams. They may not have games locked up by the end of the 1st half like last season, but they're still going to out produce pretty much every other AFC team on the offensive side of the ball.

The real kicker though is their defense. Last season they were #9 in points allowed with a +25 turn over ratio (+25 is crazy). This was without Talib and without their new safety Rodney Harrison has a boner for (don't remember his name). This was also with Chandler Jones injured for a lot of the season.

The Patriots defense might honestly be really good this year for a change, and if that's the case they'll in the very least be back in the AFC Championship game and better than they were last year.

The only team I can see that could stand in the way of the Patriots this year would be Denver, and Belichick has Denver's number lately. Everytime they play the Broncos, the Broncos get buried. That and Peyton isn't a reliable quarterback in the play offs. The Texans, the Bengals, and everyone else that is looking to step forward is going to have to prove it on the field before I'm willing to believe it, especially after what happened to Houston last year.

Even if you were right, which I don't think you are for even a second, it wouldn't be us that steps up to take the division - it would be the Phins.

Until Brady retires, these threads are just off season circle jerk material that go up in smoke once post-Thanksgiving football rolls around and they're crushing everyone. The guy is still the best QB in football and makes fools out of every defense in the league except Baltimore's, which no longer exists.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 07-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yikes.
    You're going to be one sad, sad panda around week 11, week 12.

The Patriots don't need to blow teams out of the water by 30 points to win football games. They only need to win by 1. They may have lost some offensive production from last season, but they did fine without Hernandez last year, still have Gronk, have Amendola, Edelman, a top 5 rushing game, a very strong offensive line, Tom Brady, the new kid Aaron Dobson, etc.

In other words, they have plenty to out score other football teams. They may not have games locked up by the end of the 1st half like last season, but they're still going to out produce pretty much every other AFC team on the offensive side of the ball.

The real kicker though is their defense. Last season they were #9 in points allowed with a +25 turn over ratio (+25 is crazy). This was without Talib and without their new safety Rodney Harrison has a boner for (don't remember his name). This was also with Chandler Jones injured for a lot of the season.

The Patriots defense might honestly be really good this year for a change, and if that's the case they'll in the very least be back in the AFC Championship game and better than they were last year.

The only team I can see that could stand in the way of the Patriots this year would be Denver, and Belichick has Denver's number lately. Everytime they play the Broncos, the Broncos get buried. That and Peyton isn't a reliable quarterback in the play offs. The Texans, the Bengals, and everyone else that is looking to step forward is going to have to prove it on the field before I'm willing to believe it, especially after what happened to Houston last year.

Even if you were right, which I don't think you are for even a second, it wouldn't be us that steps up to take the division - it would be the Phins.

Until Brady retires, these threads are just off season circle jerk material that go up in smoke once post-Thanksgiving football rolls around and they're crushing everyone. The guy is still the best QB in football and makes fools out of every defense in the league except Baltimore's, which no longer exists.
    See I just disagree with this. Their defense was covered up by the fact that they got ahead in games and teams had to be aggressive to try and catch up. But the players that enabled the mismatches to do that are gone. They just will not be as strong offensively, and if games are close NE has a very suspect defense. They may be saved because the AFC East is terrible, but NE will not be a good team this year. Even NE needs more than Brady who IS aging by the way