Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson

    Im really excited to watch these two play.

    Hopefully Milliner can step in and make us miss Revis a lot less...

    And hopefully Richardson can find his place and be a ****ing beat along with Mo and Coples..

  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely geeked to see *something*. I frequently daydream of this new unit reaching Sack Exchange levels of havoc.

    but that's just between you and me; ogay?

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sheldon reminds me of Josh Evans. Anybody remember him? His first year with the Jets his getoff was filthy. He was always collapsing the pocket. I can see Richardson doing that.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am excited as well...

    And thank you for starting this thread!!

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the youth movement on this defense. I think Rex is gonna have loads of fun putting pressure on teams this year. I think this is a defense that can do things we haven't seen from a Jet defense in a long time. FINALLY GET TO THE QB!!!! I would love to see this team put up a boatload of sacks for a change.

    The real key is gonna be how much pressure Mo, Coples and Shel put on QB's and that should lead to more INT's this year from Cro and Dee etc. I can't wait to see this team get after offenses this year.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually temper expectations, but Shel just hits me as a guy who "gets it" and will go big from the start.
    Dee concerns me for this year. I believe he'll be a good corner, but I'm wondering if he'll be a week 1 starter with that shoulder.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    Sheldon reminds me of Josh Evans. Anybody remember him? His first year with the Jets his getoff was filthy. He was always collapsing the pocket. I can see Richardson doing that.
    Lets hope the similarities are restricted to on the field things.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson needs to fly out the traps, I doubt he realises what an integral part of this defence he is already.

    Jets want to dominate up front, also for Coples to work at OLB Richardson has to get it done.

    On another note, I've whittled my 13 shirt selection down too Richardson, Colpes, or Geno.

    I want to support our rookies, so if Geno wins out then Geno it is, already mentioned above why I would go for Richardson, and Colpes has a lot to handle in his second year so I fancy gettin his name on my jersey to.

    Not worth it's own thread, just interested to see who you lot are going with?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Richardson needs to fly out the traps, I doubt he realises what an integral part of this defence he is already.

    Jets want to dominate up front, also for Coples to work at OLB Richardson has to get it done.

    On another note, I've whittled my 13 shirt selection down too Richardson, Colpes, or Geno.

    I want to support our rookies, so if Geno wins out then Geno it is, already mentioned above why I would go for Richardson, and Colpes has a lot to handle in his second year so I fancy gettin his name on my jersey to.

    Not worth it's own thread, just interested to see who you lot are going with?
    I think the safest rookie is Miliner. Sure he's had shoulder surgeries, but nothing major, and you know he's a CB, not a QB. I love Richarson, but DT/DEs are always risky. Maybe a Winters jersey, but you're not gonna find it on the rack. I love this pick. We need a nasty Olineman, just to set the tone. Haven't had one since O'Dwyer. Hopefully he works out better.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think the safest rookie is Miliner. Sure he's had shoulder surgeries, but nothing major, and you know he's a CB, not a QB. I love Richarson, but DT/DEs are always risky. Maybe a Winters jersey, but you're not gonna find it on the rack. I love this pick. We need a nasty Olineman, just to set the tone. Haven't had one since O'Dwyer. Hopefully he works out better.
    Yeah I know he's a Corner, why you tellin me that? I don't fancy gettin another corner after having Revis jerseys for years.

    Good point on the winters pick. I too am excited for us to have a solid guard picked up in the draft.

    Like you say it's hard as D/O linemen are never flashy choices for jersey names, Leaning towards Colpes as I have the feeling he could wind up with double digit sacks this year, and it's a tough transition.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Im really excited to watch these two play.

    Hopefully Milliner can step in and make us miss Revis a lot less...

    And hopefully Richardson can find his place and be a ****ing beat along with Mo and Coples..
    As am I. Milliner will never be Revis, but who knows, maybe he can be as good as Cro? Won't this season or even his first two seasons, but his third season we should be looking at a pretty good corner.

    Sheldon Richardson is the guy that I think will make the biggest splash this season. This guy seems to be a real live talent that will only look better by teaming up with Mo and Coples. The DL is the brightest area on this team right now. I hope this translates into a great pass rush. At the very least we'l have something we have not had in a long time and it will be an area to be entertained on an otherwise bad team.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Milliner and Cro we have to tall CB's. With Richardson added to a very talented DL, it will be tough for any OL to pick the poison.

    Speed on the Jets D is a big change from recent years

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4922913]As am I. Milliner will never be Revis, but who knows, maybe he can be as good as Cro? Won't this season or even his first two seasons, but his third season we should be looking at a pretty good corner.

    Sheldon Richardson is the guy that I think will make the biggest splash this season. This guy seems to be a real live talent that will only look better by teaming up with Mo and Coples. The DL is the brightest area on this team right now. I hope this translates into a great pass rush. At the very least we'l have something we have not had in a long time and it will be an area to be entertained on an otherwise bad team.[/QUOTE]

    I agree, but given the investment by Rex the past several years on the DL, it better be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    With Milliner and Cro we have to tall CB's. With Richardson added to a very talented DL, it will be tough for any OL to pick the poison.

    Speed on the Jets D is a big change from recent years
    +1. I am hoping this defense plays up to our expectations....we will need it because the offense is going to be (fill in the blank)?

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel good about Milliner. He'll never be Revis but I think he'll be a competent starter from Day 1. My only real concern with him is health.

    I'm nervous/exited about Richardson. He definitely has bust potential (thinking D-Rob) but also has the potential to be an absolute beast. Obviously I'm really hoping it's the latter -- the minicamp/OTA reports were very promising. Hopefully he's just as impressive in pads.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I usually temper expectations, but Shel just hits me as a guy who "gets it" and will go big from the start.
    Dee concerns me for this year. I believe he'll be a good corner, but I'm wondering if he'll be a week 1 starter with that shoulder.
    Richdardon is going to be a monster from day 1. I think Milliner will need some time but that's fine he will eventually be a top 5 CB in the NFL.

    Both were absolute no-brainers. Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    Sheldon reminds me of Josh Evans. Anybody remember him? His first year with the Jets his getoff was filthy. He was always collapsing the pocket. I can see Richardson doing that.
    That's a good observation, and maybe they had that in mind when they gave Richardson #91. I'm hoping Sheldon is an Evans-type of player, but with a higher ceiling.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Richdardon is going to be a monster from day 1. I think Milliner will need some time but that's fine he will eventually be a top 5 CB in the NFL.

    Both were absolute no-brainers. Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot.
    Definitely the right picks. I just hope we get to see a bunch of Dee. Shel, I agree, will crush the pocket early and often.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always jacked about D. I'm just hoping the O doesn't piss in my Wheaties too much.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'm always jacked about D. I'm just hoping the O doesn't piss in my Wheaties too much.
    Don't worry, bro. If Sanchez is the one passing the urine, I'm sure it'll be intercepted.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    6,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Yeah I know he's a Corner, why you tellin me that? I don't fancy gettin another corner after having Revis jerseys for years.

    Good point on the winters pick. I too am excited for us to have a solid guard picked up in the draft.

    Like you say it's hard as D/O linemen are never flashy choices for jersey names, Leaning towards Colpes as I have the feeling he could wind up with double digit sacks this year, and it's a tough transition.
    I was saying to the others that a sore shoulder doesn't sideline a CB. He does seem to have a chronically bad shoulder, but it seems he plays through it, then gets surgery to clean it up when he can. Not the same as being injury prone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us