Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Referee kills player, gets beheaded by fans

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Referee kills player, gets beheaded by fans

    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...brazil?cc=5901

    Referee beheaded after killing player
    July 6, 2013

    By ESPN staff

    An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.


    The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

    Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

    Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

    One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

    Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."


  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pfffft. The Russians invented that variation of soccer.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...brazil?cc=5901

    Referee beheaded after killing player
    July 6, 2013

    By ESPN staff

    An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.


    The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

    Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

    Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

    One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

    Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

    I think I can imagine what Mr. Souza would say about where the state can shove its legalities and laws right about now.

    To be quite honest, it was simply a case of the old "Eye for an Eye" thing.

    I don't condone it but I'm not exactly going to shed tears over a Referee who couldn't handle someone arguing with him so he killed him.

    And what the hell was a Ref doing with, I guess, a knife in his pocket?

    Or is that standard procedure in Brazil?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think I can imagine what Mr. Souza would say about where the state can shove its legalities and laws right about now.

    To be quite honest, it was simply a case of the old "Eye for an Eye" thing.

    I don't condone it but I'm not exactly going to shed tears over a Referee who couldn't handle someone arguing with him so he killed him.

    And what the hell was a Ref doing with, I guess, a knife in his pocket?

    Or is that standard procedure in Brazil?
    A simple ass-kicking and holding the guy for the cops might have worked in another culture. Stoning, quartering and beheading? They went all 14th century on the guy.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many more times something like this will happen now?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I wonder how many more times something like this will happen now?
    Thanks to Obama and his cronies, we'll be seeing a lot more of this.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yellow Card < Red Card < Dead Card

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yellow Card < Red Card < Dead Card

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    A simple ass-kicking and holding the guy for the cops might have worked in another culture. Stoning, quartering and beheading? They went all 14th century on the guy.

    Who says they didn't give him an ass-kicking?


    You think he would've just stood there nicely while he was being stoned(and I don't mean of the "getting high" type)?

    I think they beat the shiznit out of him and THEN proceeded to "14th century" him.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Who says they didn't give him an ass-kicking?


    You think he would've just stood there nicely while he was being stoned(and I don't mean of the "getting high" type)?

    I think they beat the shiznit out of him and THEN proceeded to "14th century" him.
    Oh, I agree. It's the "waiting for the cops" part they left out.

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing, but some of those refs can be real dicks.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone enlighten me as to what is so engaging and exciting about soccer that it constantly works these mooks up into a frenzy?

    The players are among the biggest pussies walking the face of the earth, you're lucky to see more than one goal in a single game, etc.

    Soccer...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Can someone enlighten me as to what is so engaging and exciting about soccer that it constantly works these mooks up into a frenzy?

    The players are among the biggest pussies walking the face of the earth, you're lucky to see more than one goal in a single game, etc.

    Soccer...
    It's all they got, ever been to a WVU football game?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't give the NE refs any ideas, now.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    wouldn't happen here - too much of a phag country

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like
    Video of body at the hospital is floating around (holy crap )... probably not cool to post the link I'm guessing.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only in soccer

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    Video of body at the hospital is floating around (holy crap )... probably not cool to post the link I'm guessing.
    Yep, just watched it.

    Hacked off the dudes head and legs.

    Both of his arms were hanging by a thread.

    Pretty damn brutal.

    Don't take a soccer ball from a brazillian.

  19. #19
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did the spectators chop off his legs and head? Were they allowed to bring saws and axes into the stadium?

    Or was it a chainsaw giveaway night???

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    was it a chainsaw giveaway night???
    chainsaws and axes were the prizes given for early renewal of season tickets.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us