Thread: Ben Obomanu's combine numbers...

Ben Obomanu's combine numbers...

So I was wondering what kind of numbers Obomanu had coming out of Auburn so I researched and was pleasantly surprised to find he ran a 4.45 with a 41 inch vert at his pro day. His production at Auburn was low, kind of the same thing that's plagued him in the NFL, but at least here's a guy who's managed to fight through years to remain in the league. His best season with the Seahawks he was elevated to number two and I think that's his ceiling, but I don't think the guy is special enough to be anything else, at best he can be a poor man's Cotch at worst he's a solid number 4 or 5. The good thing is at least he was a good route runner with good hands coming out of college, and there's still tread on his tires.

http://sea.scout.com/2/526264.html
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 07-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.

All Pro
    Who cares about Obomanu.

HOPE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    So I was wondering what kind of numbers Obomanu had coming out of Auburn so I researched and was pleasantly surprised to find he ran a 4.45 with a 41 inch vert at his pro day. His production at Auburn was low, kind of the same thing that's plagued him in the NFL, but at least here's a guy who's managed to fight through years to remain in the league. His best season with the Seahawks he was elevated to number two and I think that's his ceiling, but I don't think the guy is special enough to be anything else, at best he can be a poor man's Cotch at worst he's a solid number 4 or 5. The good thing is at least he was a good route runner with good hands coming out of college, and there's still tread on his tires.

I rather see the W/R we got off waivers from the Giants Marcus Davis show some talent in camp..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlTKJ5kmUs#at=17

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Who cares about Obomanu.

When he starts catching passes instead of dropping them for first downs and running proper routes we'll care. He's better than Gates, Gylliard and the other Hill we had last year that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I rather see the W/R we got off waivers from the Giants Marcus Davis show some talent in camp..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlTKJ5kmUs#at=17
    Were on the same page w/Davis.. Marcus Davis is a 7 cities native! VB, Norfolk, NewportNews, Chesapeake, Hampton, PTown aka Portsmouth & Suffolk...

Jets WR Depth

Holmes
    Hill
    Kerley
    DAVIS
    White ???
    Hazleton ???
    Spadola ???
    Gates ???
    Collins ???
    Ryan ???
    Mayo ???
    Rogers ???
    Stroud ???

Don't see why a thread needed to be started to address a guy who, by your write up, sounds like a total JAG.

When he starts catching passes instead of dropping them for first downs and running proper routes we'll care. He's better than Gates, Gylliard and the other Hill we had last year that's for sure.
    Yeah, I was gonna say. Compared to what we trotted out there last year, I think he's a fine addition

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Don't see why a thread needed to be started to address a guy who, by your write up, sounds like a total JAG.
    You do realize you are on a Jets message board during a time when there is virtually zero news coming from the team right?

If you want to read articles about rehashing sanchez's 2012 season or that coples is now "an outside linebacker" you should read the crap cimini puts out.

This board is for the people who DO care about what Obomanu can do as we dont have a ton of depth and he has NFL experience, which is more then we can say for most of the WRs after our top 3.

Anyway, Obomanu didnt have good numbers last season but in 2010 and 2011 he had over 30 catches in an offense that was not a short passing, west coast type offense. It was run orientated with more downfield passing, which skews his catch numbers slightly lower (he also had tavaris jackson as his QB in 2011).

In no way should we expect 50+ catches from a player like Obomanu, but as our potential 4th WR, he brings some speed and size to table and has NFL experience making some plays downfield.

Maybe Idzik has seen some spark from this guy hence the signing. Personally I'd much rather see the Beard back.

Obimanu was an excellent special teams player for Seattle, did anyone forget Wallace Wright? He made the team how many years in a row ? At least we knowObomanu can get open and catch the ball, something Wright was bad at.