Thread: If You'd Like Some Prog

If You'd Like Some Prog

My favorite totally unknown band from Norway, Airbag, is shortly releasing their third album. The link below is a first taste song.

A bit Queensryche, a bit Floyd, all good IMO.

Please give it a spin and I hope you enjot it.

https://soundcloud.com/karisma-recor...tion-early-mix

Jets Insider VIP
    Man, I miss Warfist.....

ahhhh so churchill is warfish. yes, that makes sense

All the good prog seems to be coming out of scandanavia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pfft. Airbag is like my fourth favorite progressive rock band from Norway. Check out Prompe.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    My favorite totally unknown band from Norway, Airbag, is shortly releasing their third album. The link below is a first taste song.

A bit Queensryche, a bit Floyd, all good IMO.

Please give it a spin and I hope you enjot it.

https://soundcloud.com/karisma-recor...tion-early-mix
    I just listened to their All Rights Removed album. I can see why you like it. Clearly the guitarist loves Gilmour, not to mention many other atmospheric Floyd influences. Listening to Identity now. I like it, a lot. Thanks for the head's up.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Pfft. Airbag is like my fourth favorite progressive rock band from Norway. Check out Prompe.
    Wait; WAIT

I'm writing this down...go ahead, Lars.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    ahhhh so churchill is warfish. yes, that makes sense
    So, his cover was perfect until his love of Norwegian Prog Bands slipped out?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    I just listened to their All Rights Removed album. I can see why you like it. Clearly the guitarist loves Gilmour, not to mention many other atmospheric Floyd influences. Listening to Identity now. I like it, a lot. Thanks for the head's up.
    Thats high priase coming from you, J.I.'s reigning Prog Subject Matter Expert. Glad you liked it.

The search for bans with that Floydian thing is a rough road, so much of what exists in Prog is far more influenced by Yes/Genesis and the like. Teh mixtures of blues-rock base (not virtuoso), atmospheric and jazzy keys (not ifddly widdly key runs), epic guitar solos (not simply widdly widdly fast), mutiple singers, and grand thoughts is just hard to find today.

Hence having to look all the way to Norway. Sadly, seems far too many Floydian influenced folks find equal influence in Metallica and Genesis. Airbag is the closest "distilled Floyd" I've found to date.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jo_0pZ4MYo

Bewildered Beast
    Dark Side of the Fjord?

Us and Flem(ish)

well his well written points, his lack of being nasty, his open mindedness and now yes, music