Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Any chance of criminal charges for Belichick or Kraft?

  1. #1

    Any chance of criminal charges for Belichick or Kraft?

    I'm sure the Pats trolls will be along shortly to tell us all about the Patriot Way and how Hernandez just slipped through the cracks, but in the NFL, things don't just slip through the cracks. Teams have security departments filled with former detectives, PI's, etc. They had to have known what kind of life Hernandez was leading, and they kept it quiet because they needed his skills on the field. For you attorneys out there, any way that their conduct rises to the level of making them accessories to murder?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,339
    Have you ever heard of an employer being charged as an accessory to murder?

  3. #3
    What a TREMENDOUS Thread this will turn out to be.....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Have you ever heard of an employer being charged as an accessory to murder?
    Only if the employer likely knew about the conduct and the character of the employee.

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I'm sure the Pats trolls will be along shortly to tell us all about the Patriot Way and how Hernandez just slipped through the cracks, but in the NFL, things don't just slip through the cracks. Teams have security departments filled with former detectives, PI's, etc. They had to have known what kind of life Hernandez was leading, and they kept it quiet because they needed his skills on the field. For you attorneys out there, any way that their conduct rises to the level of making them accessories to murder?
    I can't see any way they are culpable in this.

    Now, if they find a murder weapon in Gillette? Well, we'll have to see how the patsies handle that. But still, there's no way you could possibly make the leap of logic to think that somehow BB and Kraft are involved? This is ridiculous.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    At first glance this may seem really dumb, but lets think about it for a second.




    still really dumb.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    2,005
    I have more of a case against you since I face palmed so hard that my hand is permanately attached to my face.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I can't see any way they are culpable in this.

    Now, if they find a murder weapon in Gillette? Well, we'll have to see how the patsies handle that. But still, there's no way you could possibly make the leap of logic to think that somehow BB and Kraft are involved? This is ridiculous.
    Involved in the murder? No. Involved in covering up for Hernandez's crimes? Remember, he's being investigated for a 2012 murder - if he was involved, he would played a whole season after allegedly committing it. Do you think the Patriots security department might not have uncovered something and been told by the men upstairs to keep it quiet? Who knows, but would anything surprise you with them?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I have more of a case against you since I face palmed so hard that my hand is permanately attached to my face.
    You need to learn to read with an open mind, you might learn something.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I'm sure the Pats trolls will be along shortly to tell us all about the Patriot Way and how Hernandez just slipped through the cracks, but in the NFL, things don't just slip through the cracks. Teams have security departments filled with former detectives, PI's, etc. They had to have known what kind of life Hernandez was leading, and they kept it quiet because they needed his skills on the field. For you attorneys out there, any way that their conduct rises to the level of making them accessories to murder?
    No. This is stupid. He was making mistakes, but the idea that they knew he was involved in murder is ridiculous.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,790
    Quick, page the Kool Aide Brigade to justify this lame thread, surely only SOJF's would consider this thread beyond dumb.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    No. This is stupid. He was making mistakes, but the idea that they knew he was involved in murder is ridiculous.
    But should they have known? Could they have known? Would they have wanted to know? Would they have stopped him? At least talked to him? Is this a symptom of a wider problem, not just in the NFL but in the world at large? People just don't talk anymore. Everyone's on their smartphones, always in a hurry, rushing off to the next thing which they won't get into the moment for either. Have we forgotten how to care? It may not rise to the level of criminal conduct, as I said before: I am not a lawyer. But what the hell's happened?

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    But should they have known? Could they have known? Would they have wanted to know? Would they have stopped him? At least talked to him? Is this a symptom of a wider problem, not just in the NFL but in the world at large? People just don't talk anymore. Everyone's on their smartphones, always in a hurry, rushing off to the next thing which they won't get into the moment for either. Have we forgotten how to care? It may not rise to the level of criminal conduct, as I said before: I am not a lawyer. But what the hell's happened?
    Please stop...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Please stop...
    Sorry, I get a bit emotional.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,112
    Criminal charges, probably not. But the league should step in and make an example of them.

    You can sign/ draft any player you want. But if he turns out to be a POS, then they should be punished.

    I guarantee the players would have to clean up their act and grow the F up if the league started not only suspending players but fining the team and taking draft picks for illegal acts.

    Like lose a 7th if a player on your 53 man roster gets arrested for a DUI. Drug charges should warrant a 6th. Assault between a 3-5. Obviously the crap that AH did, the team should lose their entire draft.

    What this will facilitate is each team investing on the characters they allow to put on the uniform. It will also force the organizations to do more than act like they give a crap about their images. The league implements the rookie orientation but nothing else. It's a big friggin joke.

  19. #19
    Kraft and Belichick are not dummies. They knew exactly what Hernandez was all about when they drafted him. Over the first few seasons he showed that he was a good talent. The Pats were winning, and that cures everything. Pats were smart about it.

    NOW, to think that Kraft and BB are trying to cover up, or aided and abetted Hernandez in any way is really stretching. Worst case scenario, they cover up things like Hernandez gets into a fight, Hernandez tells a fan to screw off, etc. I doubt Kraft would risk his name, franchise, and money over one person's lack of maturity and good nature just because he's a good tight end.

    Kraft and BB took a risk on someone who displayed poor character. It paid off for 3 years. That's it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Kraft and Belichick are not dummies. They knew exactly what Hernandez was all about when they drafted him. Over the first few seasons he showed that he was a good talent. The Pats were winning, and that cures everything. Pats were smart about it.

    NOW, to think that Kraft and BB are trying to cover up, or aided and abetted Hernandez in any way is really stretching. Worst case scenario, they cover up things like Hernandez gets into a fight, Hernandez tells a fan to screw off, etc. I doubt Kraft would risk his name, franchise, and money over one person's lack of maturity and good nature just because he's a good tight end.

    Kraft and BB took a risk on someone who displayed poor character. It paid off for 3 years. That's it.
    Accepted answer.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us