Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex sucks and Jets are a circus...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex sucks and Jets are a circus...

Jets will be lucky to win 5 games if things break right...

I love the disrespect, I absolutely love it! You know Rex is seething inside, and you know there are plenty of holdovers from 09 and 10 on this team who feel the same.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is the very cause of the circus

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's seething and circus accusations aside, I think 5 wins is about right.

I think the defense takes a step back this season. The DL will be the best it's been since Rex arrived, but the rest of the defense will have some problems. Teams will still exploit the defense over the middle of the field with TE's and RB's. They will likely get beaten deep more than once because of a gap at FS.

The offense is still horrendous. They definitely got better but that isn't saying much considering how bad the offense was last season. They'll have a more stable and producing running game but the QB and the passing game is still going to be a huge problem.

This is what happens when teams opt to rebuild. There are growing pains and the Jets will not be any exception.

With that said, I like what Idzik did thus far. I think the draft was a huge haul for the team overall. Idzik will probably find that he has some players he can build around going into 2014 and beyond.

It's just the beginning, so I won't jump off a building and neither should you. But just don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

I think the defense takes a step back this season. The DL will be the best it's been since Rex arrived, but the rest of the defense will have some problems. Teams will still exploit the defense over the middle of the field with TE's and RB's. They will likely get beaten deep more than once because of a gap at FS.

The offense is still horrendous. They definitely got better but that isn't saying much considering how bad the offense was last season. They'll have a more stable and producing running game but the QB and the passing game is still going to be a huge problem.

This is what happens when teams opt to rebuild. There are growing pains and the Jets will not be any exception.

With that said, I like what Idzik did thus far. I think the draft was a huge haul for the team overall. Idzik will probably find that he has some players he can build around going into 2014 and beyond.

It's just the beginning, so I won't jump off a building and neither should you. But just don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Not sure how the defense takes a step back from 2012.

Otherwise, I mostly agree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Not sure how the defense takes a step back from 2012.

Otherwise, I mostly agree.
    Defense will be better. Everything we lost either was bad or injured last yr, except the safeties. The key wil be the continued progression of the young players and much more speed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the defense will keep us in most games, and I think the offense will be better under Morninghweg, I see a team with more depth this year and a hungrier team, no longer resting on past success.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How soon before you are labeled a SOJF or a Pat troll by the Kool Aide Brigade? I give it 2 posts...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    How soon before you are labeled a SOJF or a Pat troll by the Kool Aide Brigade? I give it 2 posts...
    How many posts can you whine about being a SOJF?

Sh1t, being a broken record doesn't make you less annoying than just being SOJF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    He is the very cause of the circus
    This + Woody

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How many posts can you whine about being a SOJF?

Sh1t, being a broken record doesn't make you less annoying than just being SOJF.
    Yeah, it's very cute that you and your kool aide buddy SG have the same avatar...you are a friggin bore yourself...the jets can do no wrong in your eyes anyone who's opinion differs is a SOJF, shut up already ...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maine you and I go back quite a ways now, so, I have a question for you.

How can you make a statement like that when the Jets have not played a single snap yet? Not even a pre-season snap.

The 53 man roster isn't even set yet - hell, we don't even know definitively who are starting QB will be.

I understand that everyone is trying to keep their expectations low after last season, but, trying to predict wins & losses in early July is just ridiculous.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that the Jets aren't one of the lesser teams in the NFL right now, it's just that who starts a thread just to say that the Jets suck?

You can't just post it in a single post? That's why the ridicule, SOJF, lock, ban, etc comments come from. I don't disagree with you, maybe they're a little better than 5 wins, but prepare for the tidal wave of negative love.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    This + Woody
    Agreed. But I think its all Woody in my opinion. He knew what Rex was all about and the way he handles things and he decided to keep Rex on board. Rex is a genius when it comes to defense no doubt about it but in the 4 years that he was been here he hasn't shown any improvements in his management of the offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013 will be tops 6 win season, and another year of no super bowl. the ny jets, losing for 44 yrs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez/Smith takes the ball from center, makes a two step drop-----then who does he throw it too? Like last year, nobody is open!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Agreed. But I think its all Woody in my opinion. He knew what Rex was all about and the way he handles things and he decided to keep Rex on board. Rex is a genius when it comes to defense no doubt about it but in the 4 years that he was been here he hasn't shown any improvements in his management of the offense.
    Thanks JP, it took some time for Rex to be exposed as big of a fraud as Woody, but he has. Rex D is great on paper with stats, just ask Rex, well you probably wont even have to ask because he recites them at just about ever post game presser.

I cant remember the last time Rex' D came up big in a big moment.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Jets will be lucky to win 5 games if things break right...

I love the disrespect, I absolutely love it! You know Rex is seething inside, and you know there are plenty of holdovers from 09 and 10 on this team who feel the same.
    Truly respect the passion, but getting mad or seething doesnt change the QB situation, and certainly doesnt make the team better than last years.....for that, we must wait and see. I dont expect much solely due to the Sanchez factor, but hey, ill be there rooting week in week out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

The 53 man roster isn't even set yet - hell, we don't even know definitively who are starting QB will be.

I understand that everyone is trying to keep their expectations low after last season, but, trying to predict wins & losses in early July is just ridiculous.
    Of course you know who the starter will be..., you are just fighting it for hope's sake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Thanks JP, it took some time for Rex to be exposed as big of a fraud as Woody, but he has. Rex D is great on paper with stats, just ask Rex, well you probably wont even have to ask because he recites them at just about ever post game presser.

I cant remember the last time Rex' D came up big in a big moment.......
    The only reason you can't remember one is because the offense squandered all of those opportunities. Just from 2012:

- Texans: Huge stop in the 4th quarter to get Sanchez the ball back. INT ends the game.
    - @ Pats: Cro picks off Brady late in the 4th. Jets can't put it away. Two RZ possessions end in 6 points.
    - @ Titans: Other than Johnson run, D shuts it down. Sanchez gets the ball back late thanks to 3 & out...another INT to end it.

Turn those three losses into wins, and the Jets are 9-5 going into the Chargers game and McElroy doesn't start. D wasn't phenomenal last year, but it was solid and only gave up more than 300 total yards twice in the last 7 games.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way too many armchair prognosticators here