Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rex sucks and Jets are a circus...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    If he did, this board would have nothing to talk about.

The Pats offseason is much more enjoyable than the actual Jets team.
    He didn't

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Which explains why you're on a Jet site 24/7.

And the circus like atmosphere along with O going into the sh1tter is quite enjoyable. This is the pompous, self righteous Pats after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Rex's seething and circus accusations aside, I think 5 wins is about right.

I think the defense takes a step back this season. The DL will be the best it's been since Rex arrived, but the rest of the defense will have some problems. Teams will still exploit the defense over the middle of the field with TE's and RB's. They will likely get beaten deep more than once because of a gap at FS.

The offense is still horrendous. They definitely got better but that isn't saying much considering how bad the offense was last season. They'll have a more stable and producing running game but the QB and the passing game is still going to be a huge problem.

This is what happens when teams opt to rebuild. There are growing pains and the Jets will not be any exception.

With that said, I like what Idzik did thus far. I think the draft was a huge haul for the team overall. Idzik will probably find that he has some players he can build around going into 2014 and beyond.

It's just the beginning, so I won't jump off a building and neither should you. But just don't set yourself up for disappointment.
    Typical SOJF response.

To wallow in your gronk jersey.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    Typical SOJF response.

To wallow in your gronk jersey.
    No it isn't. Not even close. Opinions don't make you a SOJF. It's the hatred of the team, and the vitriol against people that are optimistic. If you weren't a troll you would understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Maine you and I go back quite a ways now, so, I have a question for you.

How can you make a statement like that when the Jets have not played a single snap yet? Not even a pre-season snap.

The 53 man roster isn't even set yet - hell, we don't even know definitively who are starting QB will be.

I understand that everyone is trying to keep their expectations low after last season, but, trying to predict wins & losses in early July is just ridiculous.
    Well Arod that's what we do here. We make predictions on how successful the team will be. I'll admit all of this is premature, but this my prediction on the team as it is today. That is subject to change with some additions.

If and when that happens I will re-evaluate the teams chances.

That said, I don't see a very good division right now. I think the Patsies will win it once again, but only because they don't face any decent competition from the Phins, Bills, or Jets. I don't think the Patsies will be anything special either.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I'm honored to have been considered for the crown, although I'm an optimistic Jet fan just not a kool aide drinker....
    Your name, if I'm not mistaken, is short for "Long Suffering Jets Fan". Lel. Get out of here with the pouty whiny bs. Not one person here is buying that you're an "optimistic" jets fan. You're posts down to your ridiculously unfunny name scream SOJF.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Your name, if I'm not mistaken, is short for "Long Suffering Jets Fan". Lel. Get out of here with the pouty whiny bs. Not one person here is buying that you're an "optimistic" jets fan. You're posts down to your ridiculously unfunny name scream SOJF.
    Where am I whiny? Where are my pessimistic posts of doom n gloom, damn, did I miss something? I'm here to read threads that have opinion, debate and insight about the Jets, being a delusional homer doesnt make one a better fan...I was sick of posters labeling others SOJFs because they didnt agree with every move the jets make.... Who are you representing/speaking for? When did this place become an all out civil war? Ahh and what the **** is a mogglez?

Bewildered Beast

Interesting, once again another thread with Rex is a good coach on one side, and Rex sucks as a HC on the other.

While each Jets fan is certainly allowed there opinion and I certainly respect a different point of view,other then mine. Personally,I still think we have not seen anywhere near the best of Rex yet.
    I never predict wins or losses, the game is just too fluid from week to week. Yet, I have a few reasons to be hopeful that the team will surprise even some Jets fans.
    First, we finally have a true OC who has a proven track record. He is not the best in the league and he has had some failures. He has also had some very good successes as well. If Jets fans think on it for a while,they will realize we have not had his like here in a very long time.
    Second , our running game should be light years ahead of the last two years. While I don't expect a total return to ground and pound , I do expect Rex and MM to use the new running game to wear out defenses.
    Third, is the attention that was given to the offensive line, which goes hand in hand with our running game. Yes, there are things that need to fall in to place. If you compared it to last year, it's like night and day. The depth is there and really could help this year.
    What I am most hopeful about is our defense. I really am amazed that many of you feel it will take a step back. Rex is drafting the kids he wants,to finally have the defense he envisions. With him now calling the plays and putting in the game plan, it should be a whole lot of fun. I also believe this alone will make many non believers see that Rex is the right coach at the right time.
    My biggest concern and I am sure many others as well, is the QB position and the play we will get from it this year.
    I honestly am not as worried about our receiving corps as much as others are. Again, much will depend on on the play of the QB. If it is even average we should do a lot better then many of the so called "experts" see us doing.
    This is why I am hoping that Idizk still has a trick or two up his sleeve and will find a experienced veteran to come in and compete in training camp.