Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: REX in Spain..running with the bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Moving to a plant based diet has been scientifically proven to cure diabetes in many cases.
    Link?

How many Americans are smart enough and motivated enough to really truly eat a, what do they call it, raw vegan diet like that? I'd hazard a majority use processed soy crap, tons of gluten laden grains, etc. and think they're doing ok.

No relevance. What was done to native americans is awful. I would never take part in any kind of acts of aggression and dominance like that. I was born here long after those atrocities took place. I paid for my house and land, didn't steal it from anyone. I wish I could go back in time and save the native americans, but I don't have that power. I do have the power to speak up for animals and the needless suffering they endure for human consumption. I have the power to NOT support the industries that exploit animals for profit. I do have the power to try to educate the uninformed, the lazy and the ignorant people who mindlessly support these evils, and that's what I do.

I get that you feel both more evolved and morally superior because you do not want others to make the animals suffer. And perhaps your "feeling" is justified. But what is the end game? What do we do with all of these animals we will no longer be eating?

You obviously have never thought this through. The animals at issue would not even exist if it was not for the fact that they are intended for human consumption. i.e. there are no wild cows. Just off the top of my head, your lofty goals create many unanswered questions.

1) If we're not going to consume them, what do we do with them? Set them free?

2) How do we feed the world if the human race is no longer carnivorous?

3) Do you have a plan to control animal populations? For example, if unchecked the white tail deer population in the northeast will quickly grow to the point of costing hundreds of lives in traffic accidents.

I'm sure others here can think of many more questions regarding the cost in human lives to achieve your peaceful non-consumption co-existence with our animal brethren, but perhaps you can start by answering these three basic questions.

I don't eat grass. I eat pretty much everything I loved before I went vegan, it just doesn't contain animal products anymore.

My sh*t does stink. I never said it doesn't.

So how much do you weigh? I'm sure you must have an idea. What size jeans do you wear? I'm also 5-10, I weigh 195 and have under 12% body fat. I was 230 before I made the move from vegetarian to full vegan. I'm stronger now than I was then, and I haven't lifted weights in like 7 years.
    Probably around 220? The reason for that is not eating balanced and not working out like I used to. I'm gotten much more lazy in recent years when it comes to taking care of my body. However, that's not from eating meat, which is my point. Eat vegan if you don't want to kill a cow. That's all good. But, don't give me this bs about meat being evil and all that nonsense.

Just balance a diet out, work out, and you're aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Yup, there's no cruelty-free, free-range, grass-fed meat products available in supermarkets or local farmers markets anywhere. None. Zip. Zilch.

I love the all or nothing arguments made by zealots. There's healthy options for omnivorous lifestyles, but they overlook those.

If you're vegan for moral reasons, good for you. But don't try to sell it like its the only viable dietary plan out there, because its got its share of issues.

Back to Rex, good for him. He couldn't probably do this a couple years ago, so enjoy it not-as-big guy
    Cruelty free is a myth created by the ag industries to make people feel better about eating animal products. Milk is free of cruelty because the cows get to go out and graze in a field between milkings, right? Let's not focus on the fact that they are constantly artificially impregnated (raped), cry for days when their babies are immediately taken away from them, the babies are then either shipped off to be killed or roped into the same slavery that it's mother was.

Do some research on "Cage Free" and "Free Range" chickens. LOL

Like I said, it's much better not to think about it. Just take the blue pill and stick your head back up your a$$. Plop on the couch, watch some sitcoms and reality shows, and grill up some of that healthy, grass fed, antibiotic and steroid free, lean ground beef burgers! Put it on some white buns and slather it with high fructose corn syrup! Wash it down with some aspartame diet coke... can you believe it has 0 calories???? yum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Probably around 220? The reason for that is not eating balanced and not working out like I used to. I'm gotten much more lazy in recent years when it comes to taking care of my body. However, that's not from eating meat, which is my point. Eat vegan if you don't want to kill a cow. That's all good. But, don't give me this bs about meat being evil and all that nonsense.

Just balance a diet out, work out, and you're aces.
    OK, so your a fat a$$. It most certainly is from eating meat and other animal products. Health is 90% diet and 10% working out. The fools that spend 12 hours a week killing themselves in the gym to try to get under 15% body fat are lost. You have no concept of what a balanced diet is.

If you are 220 at age 20, you are going to be in BIIIIG trouble by the time you are 40 unless you make some major changes. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Link?

How many Americans are smart enough and motivated enough to really truly eat a, what do they call it, raw vegan diet like that? I'd hazard a majority use processed soy crap, tons of gluten laden grains, etc. and think they're doing ok.
    Look it up. It's a fact. I'm not you secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I get that you feel both more evolved and morally superior because you do not want others to make the animals suffer. And perhaps your "feeling" is justified. But what is the end game? What do we do with all of these animals we will no longer be eating?

You obviously have never thought this through. The animals at issue would not even exist if it was not for the fact that they are intended for human consumption. i.e. there are no wild cows. Just off the top of my head, your lofty goals create many unanswered questions.

3) Do you have a plan to control animal populations? For example, if unchecked the white tail deer population in the northeast will quickly grow to the point of costing hundreds of lives in traffic accidents.

I'm sure others here can think of many more questions regarding the cost in human lives to achieve your peaceful non-consumption co-existence with our animal brethren, but perhaps you can start by answering these three basic questions.
    wow... just wow.

You realize that humans create all of these animals, right? We aren't eating them to control cow and pig populations.

The world won't go vegan overnight and we will be stuck with billions of livestock to put up for adoption. LOL

Look it up. It's a fact. I'm not you secretary.
    Yup, you definitely drive a Prius.

OK, so your a fat a$$. It most certainly is from eating meat and other animal products. Health is 90% diet and 10% working out. The fools that spend 12 hours a week killing themselves in the gym to try to get under 15% body fat are lost. You have no concept of what a balanced diet is.

If you are 220 at age 20, you are going to be in BIIIIG trouble by the time you are 40 unless you make some major changes. Good luck.
    Lol, you're delusional. If I got my lazy ass up and back into the gym, there'd be no issue. You just don't want to accept that anyway other than your ***** ass vegan bs works and is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post

Sorry, I was so floored with your opening question I skipped you second ignorant question, which is better than the first.

If the world went vegan, there would be no more hunger because tons of resources are wasted in the production of animal products. I think something like 500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 lb of beef.

Anyway, if all the land used to grow crappy GMO corn and other grains to feed the poor slave we grow to kill and eat were used to produce healthy veggies, quinoa, etc, the world would be fed 10 times over. The resources used to produce 1 steak could feed 40 people if the resources were better used to produce food for plant based diets.

Look it up. You have the power to think for yourself and research on your own. It's very easy and the info is all out there.

You can also look up crazy stuff like how human anatomy compares to other animals, like herbavores and carnivores... you know, like how our teeth, digestive systems, etc. stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lol, you're delusional. If I got my lazy ass up and back into the gym, there'd be no issue. You just don't want to accept that anyway other than your ***** ass vegan bs works and is acceptable.
    I'm not delusional, I'm proof of what I preach. I lost 30 lbs without losing any lean muscle mass since going vegan, and that was without making any extra conscious effort to working out. The human body is not meant to spend 15 hours a week of high impact training to be able to maintain a healthy body/physique. People have to spend lots of time working out because they don't eat things our body is designed to eat to thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yup, you definitely drive a Prius.
    nope, volvo. I'd like a prius though.

wow... just wow.

You realize that humans create all of these animals, right? We aren't eating them to control cow and pig populations.

The world won't go vegan overnight and we will be stuck with billions of livestock to put up for adoption. LOL
    If you read my post you would see I said that these animals "would not even exist if it was not for the fact that they are intended for human consumption" So, think I do realize that humans created these animals.

And yes, we are not eating them to "control" their population, but once again explain how we control animal populations if you remove humans from the food chain?

We may not be stuck with billions of livestock animals "overnight", but their are "billions" of them, and unless you intend to expand the reach of planned parenthood into the animal world, they will be re-producing. They can not live in the wild. Do we sterilize them into extinction? What on earth do we do with them.

Or do you feel, making light of my question allows you to maintain your superior intellectual position without actually getting your hands dirty?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hell, I'd eat Gastineau99 if I thought I could get away with it.

With all of that wheat, grains, and salads he's stuffed into his mouth over the years, you know that meat is soooo tender.

Organic too

Hall Of Fame
    Look it up. You have the power to think for yourself and research on your own. It's very easy and the info is all out there.
    STFU nerd. This attitude is why everyone thinks vegans are self-important sh1theads. How many times have you casually dropped "I'm a vegan" into normal conversation? I'll bet it comes up, INorganically, with every new person you meet.

Stranger: "Interesting weather we're having."
    Gastineau99: "Yeah, they say this heat wave is gonna last all week."
    Stranger: "Ugh. Kinda makes you wish it was still-"
    Gastineau99: "I'm a vegan."
    Stranger: "Oh. Great." <walks away>

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    STFU nerd. This attitude is why everyone thinks vegans are self-important sh1theads. How many times have you casually dropped "I'm a vegan" into normal conversation? I'll bet it comes up, INorganically, with every new person you meet.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

Nope, that's not how it happened in this thread. Go back and look it up. SG# tried to throw some facts in my face about how the bulls in Spain were treated much better than the animals I eat here in america. I then told him I'm vegan, and the attacks commenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hell, I'd eat Gastineau99 if I thought I could get away with it.

With all of that wheat, grains, and salads he's stuffed into his mouth over the years, you know that meat is soooo tender.

Organic too
    Is that a personal threat? If I give you my address, will you come and try to eat me? LOL I might welcome that challenge.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Is that a personal threat? If I give you my address, will you come and try to eat me? LOL I might welcome that challenge.
    Settle down, cupcake.

All I said is that I would eat you.

Hall Of Fame
    Nope, that's not how it happened in this thread. Go back and look it up. SG# tried to throw some facts in my face about how the bulls in Spain were treated much better than the animals I eat here in america. I then told him I'm vegan, and the attacks commenced.
    Could have kept that quiet and backed up your other points with sources, but you haaaad to throw it in. Because you're a vegan.